- 1 Obtaining cosmetics
- 2 Alpha-1 cosmetics
- 3 Cosmetic items
- 4 Dyes
- 5 Seasonal cosmetics
- 6 Armor appearance
- 7 Character appearance
- 8 Emoji
- 9 Skins
- 10 See also
- 11 References
Cash shop cosmetics will be limited in quantity, limited in time for purchase. They will be unique, but you will also have extremely difficult to gain cosmetics in game as well as unique cosmetics that look great and better... There will be a lot of cosmetics that are achievable in the game because that is a very fun aspect of MMO play. – Steven Sharif
Equitable cosmetics, both from a quantity and quality standpoint, are achievable through in-game means.
I want to incentivize purchase in the cosmetic shop for sustainability of what expansions we have intended, since we are not a box cost. I want to incentivize purchase by offering limited items: limited time, limited quantity, so you have confidence that when you purchase them, they won't be offered later on in some other way. However, I want to make sure that equitable cosmetics both from a quantity and quality standpoint are achievable through in-game achievements. Time, effort should let you be happy with what you can accomplish. – Steven Sharif
- Wayfarer pre-order pack (History).
- Expeditionary pre-order pack (History).
- Voyager pre-order pack (History).
- Voyager plus pre-order pack (History).
- These cosmetics reflect the lore of Alpha-1 phase 1, which is set before the fall.
- Players will be able to acquire armor that reflect some of the ancient cultures of Verra.
- These earned rewards will be held for live launch.
One thing that we announced to our alpha one backers that I know they love clarity on is that we'll also be including progression and experience tracking for participation and testing that will entitle them to some unique cosmetics as well that reflect on the lore of this setting, which is before the fall. So you'll be able to acquire some armors that reflect some of the ancient cultures of Verra that you will earn and hold for live launch. Yeah which is pretty exciting. – Steven Sharif
Alpha-1 signup gift
- This will apply to all regions and all currently registered accounts.
- The gift will be a cosmetic accessory.
- Eye color.
- Skin color.
- Hair color.
Cosmetic items that produce in-game cosmetic effects will also be available.
The Kickstarter and Summer crowdfunding dyes are sets of unique colors that are not obtainable by players who did not participate in Crowdfunding. These dyes are not usable as normal dyes are. Instead they are used to override the color of another dye obtained in game.
- They are assigned to a character from a user's account management page.
- They do not expire, so they may be used to continually override dye colors.
- Once a dye has been overridden it becomes a bound dye to that character, so the colors cannot be sold for in-game benefit.
- When an item is sold or transferred, color changes are reverted.
- The dyeability of costumes depends on the specific costume.
Outside of wanting to keep maybe some identity from a lore perspective; for example if you have like a white lion's suit of armor, you may not want that white lion suit of armor to be black or blue. So, it's possible. It depends on the costume itself. – Steven Sharif
- Cosmetic slots can be toggled on or off.
I'm more of the mind that it wouldn't really serve a purpose to have bikini plate armor, just in like reality, if you're going to have armor, it should be protective. I think from a fashion statement is enjoyable for some people, but it's a kind of an immersive issue. – Steven Sharif
Items on back and belt
We want there to be a lot of room for people to manifest their own identity, to role play how they want to from an appearance standpoint. There's going to be parameters within which you will be able to customize a character. We want the culture and the identity of the races to exist in a range that makes them easily identifiable from other players and other cultures. So, because of that, we have to have a spectrum you can exist on. There will be a lot of hair variants you can do, body art tattoos that you can apply. You'll be able to play with the scales of the facial structure, the bones, the height, width, the body fat percentage. You'll be able to add body hair on different parts of the body. If you want to have hair on your feet, you can dial that up. – Steven Sharif
- Character models are focused on realism.
- A player will see a generic character before customization.
- Player can adjust their character to be overweight, skinny, muscular.
- Character designs will have influences from a wide range of cultures, such as European, African and Asian.
- Lolis will not be in the game.
Sliders will offer flexibility in customization.
- Hair variants.
- Can add hair on different parts of the body.
- Body art.
- Facial structure.
- Bone structure.
- You can't have a one inch tall character.
- Body fat percentage.
- Brow height.
- Facial hair.
- Body type.
- There will be "boobie sliders".
- These are relative to the character's race.
- The scale is not going to be ridiculous.
- Racial skins can be toggled on and off.
There may be plans to create other racial template skins, such as undead or werewolf (lycan) skins in future, but there is no commitment to do so.
- Mounts can also be found in the wild and tamed.
- Cosmetic skins can be applied to the appearance of mounts that were earned in game.
- Mounts will be purchasable from players utilizing Animal husbandry and taming.
Guild hall skins
- Costumes are not gender locked.
- Ashes of Creation Store: Colonial Costume.
- Livestream, 8 May 2017 (48:52).
- Livestream, 9 July 2018 (55:20).
- Ashes of Creation cosmetic store.
- Interview, 11 May 2018 (32:36).
- Livestream, 8 April 2018 (PM) (58:29).
- Livestream, 27 September 2018 (27:27).
- Ashes of Creation Forum post
- Livestream, 8 May 2017 (48:49).
- Livestream, 26 May 2017 (32:14).
- Livestream, 28 July 2017 (9:47).
- Livestream, 26 May 2017 (3:04).
- Livestream, 8 April 2018 (PM) (18:48).
- Video, 22 December 2016 (0:01).
- Interview, 24 August 2018 (5:28).
- Livestream, 17 November 2017 (22:33).
- Podcast, 4 August 2018 (53:43).
- Livestream, 9 February 2018 (50:29).
- Livestream, 26 May 2017 (19:51).
- Livestream, 18 July 2017 (54:56).
- Livestream, 3 September 2017 (48:56).
- Video, 7 February 2017 (0:22).
- Livestream, 4 June 2018 (19:48).
- Livestream, 16 October 2017 (15:18).
- Ashes of Creation - The visuals.
- Livestream, 8 April 2018 (PM) (13:39).
- Livestream, 8 may 2017 (47:35).
- Livestream, 15 May 2017 (51:19).
- Livestream, 30 june 2017 (11:21).
- Livestream, 30 june 2017 (10:04).
- Livestream, 30 june 2017 (10:27).
- Livestream, 30 june 2017 (12:39).
- Livestream, 30 june 2017 (13:13).
- Livestream, 24 May 2017 (48:45).
- Livestream, 22 May 2017 (54:32).
- Livestream, 24 May 2017 (28:22).
- Livestream, 22 May 2017 (58:51).
- Livestream, 12 May 2017 (1:04:04).
- Kickstarter 12k+ backers.
- Livestream, 8 April 2018 (AM) (4:47).
- Livestream, 18 January 2018 (34:08).
- Livestream, 8 April 2018 (PM) (51:49).
- Livestream, 8 April 2018 (AM) (12:34).
- Livestream, 24 May 2017 (20:32).
- Ashes of Creation Store: Vestments of the Runecarvers.