- Campaign concluded on June 3, 2017 with 19,576 backers, raising $3,271,809.
This project is primarily self funded, and we’re dedicated to staying true to our vision and not being compromised. The core product can be delivered with our current capital and the crowdfunding goal. Going forward, we are dedicated to keeping our vision consistent with our philosophies and adding features whenever possible.
|Warrior of old|
|Braver of worlds|
|Leader of men|
|Hero of the people|
|Avatar of the phoenix|
- 1 Crowdfunding package upgrades
- 2 Stretch goals
- 2.1 Parlor games
- 2.2 Cute small pets
- 2.3 Group mounts
- 2.4 Backer only weapon skins
- 2.5 Enhanced naval content
- 2.6 Backer only armor skin
- 2.7 The Underrealm
- 2.8 Backer only aquatic mount
- 2.9 Social organizations
- 2.10 Backer only dye set
- 2.11 New Underrealm race
- 2.12 Backer only mount barding
- 2.13 Backer only skill FX
- 2.14 Stock exchange
- 3 Crowdfunding guild rewards
- 4 Crowdfunding mounts
- 5 Kickstarter media
- 6 Artwork
- 7 External links
- 8 See also
- 9 References
Crowdfunding package upgrades
- The idea behind the tavern games is to create another social interface. This is where players that are loving the RP aspect of MMORPGS- they want to walk into a tavern and meet new people and play games. – Steven Sharif
- These games will involve aspects of both chance and skill.
- They must be played between 2 or more people.
- Players will be able to wager in-game currency against other players.
- The developers are considering a secondary currency for tavern games that would enable purchase of cosmetic items through a secondary currency market.
- There may be a ladder system that contributes to gaining this currency based on placement on the ladder.
- The alternative is to use the regular currency (gold).
- A portion of the income from the game goes to the tavern owner or node.
- Parlor games will vary based on the predominant race of a node.
- There may be unique games that can be acquired through adventuring in the world.
- Tavern owners dictate the table cost of parlor games. The node's mayor dictates the tax rate that applies when money exchanges hands.
- When a player wants to engage in a game, they may sit at a table, and another player may sit down with them. At that point the gameplay layer for the mini game will open in a user interface window. Depending on the type of game. – Steven Sharif
Cute small pets
- These mounts will be elephant sized or larger.
- Group mounts will be rarer and more difficult to obtain than regular mounts.
- There will be a limit on the number of passengers (for each type of group mount).
- Specific weapons systems may exist on different riding points on group mounts.
Backer only weapon skins
- Usable on all types of weapons.
- Include subtle and tasteful glow/particle effects.
- Aquatic mounts.
- Coastal nodes.
- Island chains.
- Naval caravans.
- Naval NPCs.
- Naval PvP.
- Trade routes.
- Treasure hunting.
- Underwater dungeons.
Backer only armor skin
The Underrealm is a rich environment where bio-luminescence abounds in the fauna and flora that exist here. These deep caverns and underground valleys provide new destinations for civilization to develop. Bringing the node system into the depths of the world may awaken darker creatures than the surface.
- The Underrealm is estimated to be 100 km2 in area. It is not contiguous space across the entire map. There will be areas that are obstructed by chasms or other features.
- The expansiveness of the Underrealm itself is quite large. It does persist across across a lot of the playable game area that's above ground. So there are alternatives in the Underrealm for passages and traversal throughout the world. – Steven Sharif
- The location of Underrealm entrances throughout the world is focused around natural geographic choke-points that exist above ground. This provides alternate subterranean routes that can be used by caravans, raids, and other player activities.
- The Underrealm is intending to be bespoke segments of Underrealm territory that are available around areas of choke-point in the world map that are above ground, which are provided for caravan transit across the world. So those caravans as they're approaching these choke-points on land, they will have alternate route options to go down into the Underrealm and to try to traverse that space, as opposed to the choke-points. – Steven Sharif
- Not all entrances to the Underrealm will be open at the same time. This can shift dynamically (based on node states) that cause different routes to open up, which may be more or less advantageous than other routes.
Backer only aquatic mount
- The whole idea of these societies is that they are a mechanism for progression that do not have to rely on your level progression. These are different progression paths that players can participate in. If you don't want to leave a node in your gameplay experience and you want to find as much as you can do within that city, these offer those things. Now, some quests might take you outside of the city to you know hunt and pursue things, but you could also perfectly be a person that is a merchant and purchases them from other travelers instead of having to go do it yourself. We want to offer players a diverse method of progression; and these systems house those benefits. – Steven Sharif
- Sometimes two organization's goals might not align with each other and there'll be conflict there, but it's not going to be like everybody in the Traders Guild is at war with everybody in the Thieves Guild. – Jeffrey Bard
- Social organizations are run by NPCs, however there will be ranks that certain members can attain that will grant some influence over the organization.
Backer only dye set
- Two dye channels are provided per character that together influence up to 50% of the gear that is equipped by that character.
- The original design allowed individual items to be dyed with different dyes.
- One of the things that we want to do- again talking about player agency- is we want to give them the ability to kind of change the appearance of their armor sets that they're wearing; and the way we've approached the dye solution is through a channeled system. We have a two channel dye system where the first channel is a lower grade dye that it has influence over between 10 to 20 percent of your overall armor appearance; and then the second channel dye is a higher tier dye that you have to acquire; and by doing so you can influence the remaining thirty percent- up to thirty percent of that armor appearance: So up to a total of fifty percent influence that can occur across all the pieces that you wear. Now one unique approach to the way we're doing this dye system is we're not allowing individual dyes to be applied on individual items, but instead we keep a cohesion across the set by applying that dye channel to your character; and when you equip a piece with your overall character it will assume that dye channel from your paper doll. So you apply the dyes to your character and when you equip a piece of item it will take that dye and it will influence the channel over that particular piece so that it comes into alignment. And what the reason that we're doing that is there's a lot of options with regards to customization for your character appearance, whether it be through transmog, through costumes, through mixing and matching sets and pieces that you can wear; and what we want to avoid is the rainbow effect where these pieces do not look good together and it creates the clown that's walking down the street.
The Kickstarter dyes are sets of unique colors that are not obtainable by players who did not participate in Crowdfunding. These dyes are not usable as normal dyes are. Instead they are used to override the color of another dye obtained in game.
- They are assigned to a character from a user's account management page.
- They do not expire, so they may be used to continually override dye colors.
- Once a dye has been overridden it becomes a bound dye to that character, so the colors cannot be sold for in-game benefit.
- When an item is sold or transferred, color changes are reverted.
New Underrealm race
- The Tulnar is a combination of four major races and many minor races that were left behind on Verra after the apocalypse.
- They're a combination of the leftover races, not just the leftover major race populations, but the leftover minor races as well; and that's what gives them their attributes that are bestial, or reptilian, humanoid; and that players can use sliders to influence the visual representation of. But in a similar fashion, their cultural markers are also going to be a combination of different influences, so they're very differently constructed culture than what is found in the other eight races. – Steven Sharif
- Tulnar stands for "the forgotten".
- Tulnar are not restricted to the Underrealm (there are no factions).
- Tulnar eat many things!
- The Tulnar religion is a combination of religious beliefs of the major races as well as pagan beliefs of the minor races that evolved over time as they coexisted together in the Underrealm.
- Tulnar are not a result of corruption.
- The Tulnar have souls and these souls act as conduits for The Essence.
- Were the Tulnar a result of corruption in their creation, or was it purely a kind of you know crossbreeding between the multiple minor and major races that existed in the Underrealm during the after the apocalypse? They are not a result of corruption. So there is no corruption that was that was taken into account during their creation. – Steven Sharif
Backer only mount barding
- The higher the level of barding, the better looking it will be.
- Barding will have multiple components that can be equipped. Each component will increase the stats of the mount, such as hit points and speed.
- Barding cosmetics can only be applied to mounts with barding cosmetic slots.
- Cosmetic skins may only be applied to barding/saddle items that are earned in-game.
- Barding skins can not be applied over a mount skin.
- The mount skins are applied to the mount, and barding (think of it like an accessory appearance) can not be applied over the mount skin. – Cody Peterson
- Barding skins' appearance may differ depending on the type of mount.
Backer only skill FX
- Includes unique colors and additional effects for certain skills. For example: A mage with her fireball skill may fire off a ball of searing white flames as opposed to the traditional colors of that skill.
- The value of stocks is influenced by world events and the performance of nodes, Social organizations or guilds.
- There is no regulatory commission to restrict the purchase and sale of stocks.
Crowdfunding guild rewards
- Guild cloaks will work the same way that accessory appearances from the cosmetic packs work, in that they are applied to the item and take over that appearance. They can not be applied over costumes.  – Cody Peterson
- Once assigned, the reward becomes an asset of that guild.
- Guild members that leave the guild no longer have access to the unique items of that guild.
- Basic mounts are obtained through an early quest that is available to all players in starting areas.
- Players assign cosmetic skins to a character on their account from the account management page.
- The skin can then be applied to change the appearance of the mount that was earned in game.
- This does not remove the skin itself. It can be applied again to any other applicable mount in the future.
- Players may remove the skin from a character and assign it to another character on their account.
- Skins can only ever be active on one character and one mount.
The Dawnbreaker mount skin is used in a similar fashion as described, but is only applicable to a certain class of mounts. Aquatic mount skins, like the Tidesnapper, are also used in a similar fashion, but are only applicable to the aquatic class of mounts.
- 2017-04-30 Video - Kickstarter
- 2017-05-03 Livestream
- 2017-05-05 Livestream
- 2017-05-08 Livestream
- 2017-05-10 Livestream
- 2017-05-12 Livestream
- 2017-05-15 Livestream
- 2017-05-17 Livestream
- 2017-05-19 Livestream
- 2017-05-22 Livestream
- 2017-05-24 Livestream
- 2017-05-26 Livestream
- 2017-05-30 Livestream
- Ashes of Creation Kickstarter campaign
- Ashes of Creation Kickstarter.
- Interview, June 13, 2021 (18:40).
- Livestream, May 24, 2017 (11:04).
- Blog: Creative Director's Letter.
- Ashes of Creation Twitter - Kickstarter cute small pet winners.
- Livestream, April 30, 2020 (1:22:26).
- Livestream, January 28, 2022 (1:11:40).
- May The 4th, Be With You... And also some skins.
- Livestream, September 30, 2020 (40:52).
- Video, November 9, 2017 (0:01).
- Podcast, April 11, 2021 (36:43).
- Livestream, May 17, 2017 (30:53).
- Livestream, 2018-04-8 (PM) (1:01:28).
- Livestream, July 25, 2020 (1:59:09).
- Livestream, July 9, 2018 (30:35).
- Livestream, August 23, 2017 (28:22).
- Kickstarter - We Just Broke $1,500,000!
- Livestream, January 28, 2022 (1:09:00).
- Livestream, February 25, 2022 (1:04:29).
- Ashes of Creation - The visuals.
- Interview, October 31, 2018 (6:00).
- A chat with Ashes of Creation's Steven Sharif, 2017-06-7.
- Kickstarter $1,750,000 Stretch Goal Unlocked, 13 May 2017.
- Interview, August 17, 2018 (10:43).
- Livestream, August 26, 2022 (53:26).
- Livestream, October 30, 2020 (1:19:13).
- Interview, October 31, 2018 (5:43).
- Twitter - Will this picture of a turtle tide you over for a while?
- Livestream, January 29, 2021 (1:00:57).
- Ashes of Creation Kickstarter - Over 9,500 Backers and Counting!!
- Types of Events on Verra.
- Livestream, May 17, 2017 (7:27).
- Know Your Nodes: 2 developer post
- Podcast, April 23, 2018 (24:47).
- Livestream, May 26, 2017 (49:05).
- Livestream, July 9, 2018 (38:28).
- Livestream, June 30, 2022 (1:06:02).
- Livestream, October 30, 2020 (1:14:34).
- Livestream, May 26, 2017 (3:04).
- Livestream, July 29, 2022 (59:00).
- Interview, October 31, 2018 (5:03).
- Livestream, March 31, 2022 (1:06:54).
- Livestream, May 30, 2017 (16:51).
- Kickstarter $2,500,000 New Player Race Achieved.
- Livestream, May 17, 2017 (5:49).
- Podcast, September 29, 2021 (16:51).
- Interview, July 20, 2020 (15:18).
- Livestream, April 8, 2018 (23:04).
- Livestream, May 26, 2017 (39:34).
- Podcast, November 15, 2020 (31:13).
- Livestream, November 22, 2019 (24:33).
- Podcast, November 15, 2020 (40:24).
- Livestream, 2018-04-8 (AM) (2:17).
- Leader of Men
- Livestream, May 29, 2020 (58:31).
- Livestream, September 30, 2020 (45:37).
- Livestream, September 30, 2020 (45:26).
- New Backer Goal!! + Monster Coins (>'.')>
- Livestream, May 17, 2017 (11:27).
- Interview, October 20, 2018 (5:51).