- Legendary items.
- Legendary quests.
- Legendary world bosses.
- Legendary tier radiant glint.
There is a small RNG chance of looting rare and legendary items or crafting materials from mobs based on the level, status and type of mob. This also applies to harvesting resources with a gathering profession.
- There is a much higher chance that materials and unique recipes are dropped that can be used to craft items of equitable value.
- Legendary equipment is only dropped by Legendary world bosses.
- Legendary equipment will have a roughly 6-12% improvement in base stats, subject to testing and balancing.
At each stage from Gatherer to Processor to Crafter you are required to have certain prerequisites before those elite types of materials can be essentially gathered, processed, or crafted. – Steven Sharif
- Gatherers must have high quality tools to gather rare resources.
- Processors must have high tier processing buildings on their freehold to produce rare materials.
- Crafters must also satisfy certain prerequisites to craft legendary equipment.
The amount of effort needed and interdependencies across the different types of players – between raiders and PvPers and crafters and even role players and the taverns and businesses: the processors and gatherers – all of those systems will likely have a component that lends toward creating or crafting that legendary item... We want to stay away from the highly RNGd system, and instead take our multiple progression paths that we are offering the players and put the construction components for achieving these legendary items within them so it encourages communities to work together because it's going to be difficult for just one person by themselves to gather everything. Not to say that they couldn't in an economic sense, by buying those components, that's possible. But achieving them from a time investment standpoint we want it to be considerably less RNG focussed. – Steven Sharif
- If the player character leaves the server then the item will become available for acquisition through whatever means it was acquired previously.
There are absolutely legendary items and they're not items that are attained easily nor are they granted out in a volume. There might even be items that are single items that will exist on the server at any given time.
It will be a very ornate and detailed weapon, more so than any other weapon or piece of equipment in the game. It will also include some awesome looking effects that won't too gaudy, they won't be too bright and shiny so that it doesn't look good, but they will be subtle and people will notice it and know wow that guy has this weapon. – Steven Sharif
Legendary items are not intended to be temporary.
The fact there is only one of them... or very very few of them depending on what it is. I think that in and of itself is a balance component right and you need to make sure that the players who are striving for those legendary things and who are devoting the time energy, resources in order to achieve them are accurately rewarded... We do not intend on having legendary items that are temporary. – Steven Sharif
List of legendary items
|This section contains information from Alpha-1 testing. It will be updated when new information is made available.|
|Plate Belt of Dragons Protection||Belt||Dragon's Protection||Legendary||15||Crafted items|
|Plate Boots of Dragons Protection||Boots||Dragon's Protection||Legendary||15||Crafted items|
|Plate Cussies of Dragons Protection||Pants||Dragon's Protection||Legendary||15||Crafted items|
|Plate Gauntlets of Dragons Protection||Gloves||Dragon's Protection||Legendary||15||Crafted items|
|Transcendent Plate Helm||Helmet||Transcendent||Legendary||15||Crafted items|
- Relics are embodiments of certain types of achievements. You may have the scale of a dragon that's been defeated- the all-scale aspect of it- and from that every week a citizen might be able to derive one scale material component that can be used across a plethora of high-end types of crafting. – Steven Sharif
- Relics automatically manifest in the node's reliquary when specific conditions are met by that node. For example, it may require a certain number of citizens to accomplish a particular achievement a number of times before the relic is granted to the node.
- Let's say for example there is a dragon nearby and this dragon is a large raid boss; and the number of citizens that the node has that participates in that raid the first time- if you have 30 citizens present you may not achieve the relic. And it's not a matter of capturing it at that location taking back to the city. It'll automatically manifest within the reliquary if a number of citizens accomplish a particular achievement a number of times necessary to create the relic. So if you only have 30 citizens present at that raid boss you may need to do that raid boss four or five six times in order to unlock the achievement which grants the relic in the reliquary. So it's essentially incentivizing the citizens to participate in the world events around the node. – Steven Sharif
- Relics can also be awarded for accomplishments that span many different progression paths, such the number of citizens achieving advanced stages of their artisan classes.
- The other component of relics that's important to note is that it's not just adventuring relics, these are accomplishments that span a lot of the different progression paths. So you could have accomplishments get unlocked by how many number of citizens achieve the creation of a particular type of item. You may have now an alchemical genius that is a citizen of your node and as a result there is an alchemical relic that's been granted to your reliquary in a similar fashion to the dragon. – Steven Sharif
- Relics stored in a node's reliquary grant passive and active benefits to node citizens and vassal states.
- Limited access to the relics stored in a node's reliquary are granted to players after a node is destroyed by a node siege. Benefits are also conferred to those who capture, steal, or sabotage relics held the reliquary.
- Relics include the four Ancient artifacts of Verra that were originally discovered by King Atrax in his pursuit of the power of The Essence.
- These artifacts were in close alignment to The Essence on Verra due to their proximity to the ley lines of Essence spread across the world.
- These artifacts were originally housed in the vault of Fallow's Hold, which is one of the great dungeons of Ashes of Creation, located near the capital city of the ancient Toren empire, Torall.
The four Ancient artifacts of Verra were originally discovered by King Atrax in his pursuit of the power of The Essence. These artifacts were in close alignment to The Essence on Verra due to their proximity to the ley lines of Essence spread across the world. These artifacts were originally housed in the vault of Fallow's Hold, which is one of the great dungeons of Ashes of Creation, located near the capital city of the ancient Toren empire, Torall. They are now considered relics that can be acquired by nodes and housed in their reliquary.
- The Golden Chalice was believed to bring everlasting life but was actually allowing the corruption of manipulating The Essence to enter the soul through the physical representation of drinking something.
- The Crown represented a direct link The Ancients had into the thought process of King Atrax that the Ancients were able to manipulate.
- The Sword brought unusual power through manipulation of the evil side of the Essence, which is how Atrax maintained his dominance over his people: through physical might, essentially striking down any foe that opposed him among his administration.
- The Staff enabled Atrax to project his magic across great distances, which enabled him to extend his power and manipulation throughout the lands of Verra and allowed him to maintain vigilance over his realm.
- Alpha-1 screenshot.
- Livestream, May 15, 2017 (20:58).
- Livestream, July 25, 2020 (46:08).
- Video, October 31, 2023 (4:45).
- Interview, July 18, 2020 (1:00:15).
- Interview, July 19, 2020 (8:43).
- Interview, July 20, 2020 (21:57).
- Livestream, 2018-04-8 (PM) (55:49).
- Livestream, March 26, 2021 (1:02:06).
- Livestream, March 31, 2022 (1:15:02).
- Livestream, May 15, 2017 (38:08).
- Livestream, July 9, 2018 (25:34).
- Livestream, 2018-04-8 (PM) (51:49).
- Livestream, May 19, 2017 (44:18).
- Interview, July 18, 2020 (56:11).
- Podcast, September 29, 2021 (10:49).
- Livestream, February 9, 2018 (29:26).
- Livestream, April 29, 2022 (27:00).
- Livestream, July 25, 2020 (1:22:40).
- Livestream, June 26, 2020 (1:33:10).
- Livestream, October 14, 2022 (52:31).
- Podcast, September 29, 2021 (14:21).
- Interview, July 8, 2020 (57:46).
- Livestream, April 30, 2020 (1:14:44).
- Livestream, November 8, 2020 (15:01).
- Livestream, November 8, 2020 (00:49).
- Livestream, November 8, 2020 (07:58).
- Video, December 2, 2022 (11:11).
- Livestream, February 24, 2023 (6:51).
- Livestream, November 30, 2020 (52:56).
- Livestream, May 8, 2017 (50:32).