Add the Ashes of Creation Wiki Bot to your Discord server.
- There will likely be a cooldown for reassigning cosmetics between characters.
- The account management page is used to assign or reassign crowdfunding skins and items that are only applicable to one character at a time.
- Allow testing of different builds as needed.
- Provide equipment needed to test various scenarios.
There will be a "comfortable" number of character slots on launch.
- Accounts will have name reservation tokens, that entitle its holder to reserve a name on a specific server when the reservation time comes.
The current policy on multi-boxing (multi client) is that players are allowed to own multiple accounts, but may not launch multiple game clients from the same computer. Players may not use any software to automate character actions or mimic keystrokes.
- This was previously stated to be: If a user has a legitimate account and is not botting or using complex scripting then multi-boxing will be permitted.
Multiple accounts and multi-boxing, that's a little bit difficult for me because it could be conceived as pay-to-win, because you can progress on a second character and you can then gift that progression to your primary character. In that scenario yes I can see the argument. However if the character progresses with the same amount of effort and time needed by the person who's playing and they maintain that progression on that character, then I don't consider it pay-to-win. I consider it a second account. So initially what I'm going to say is having multi-boxing capability will be allowed within Ashes of Creation. There are a few safety nets that I put in place that kind of restrict the ability for abuses that we've seen in other games. – Steven Sharif
- Basic mounts are obtained through an early quest that is available to all players in starting areas.
- Players assign cosmetic skins to a character on their account from the account management page.
- The skin can then be applied to change the appearance of the mount that was earned in game.
- This does not remove the skin itself. It can be applied again to any other applicable mount in the future.
- Players may remove the skin from a character and assign it to another character on their account.
- Skins can only ever be active on one character and one mount.
The Dawnbreaker mount skin is used in a similar fashion as described, but is only applicable to a certain class of mounts. Aquatic mount skins, like the Tidesnapper, are also used in a similar fashion, but are only applicable to the aquatic class of mounts.
- Very little gear will be account bound or soulbound in Ashes of Creation.
- Gear is obtained via crafting, gathering and processing along with raid and dungeon bosses.
A lot of what we experienced in games that usually come before us is that many things are account bound and they're soulbound to your character... Instead very little here is character bound. Very very little. The vast majority of gear- yes you will get quest related gear as rewards- but it won't be let's say one set in one dungeon and you must run the dungeon over and over. Instead we want to really emphasize the reliance on the economy and crafters and gatherers and processors to support a majority of the gear structure in-game, combined with that of world raid bosses and dungeon bosses; not a repetitive quest line through a single dungeon. – Steven Sharif
- Ashes of Creation Forums - Poll + Bonus Dev Discussion - Multiboxing.
- Livestream, 29 January 2021 (46:48).
- Livestream, 26 May 2017 (18:10).
- Blog: New Adventure Awaits.
- Livestream, 24 May 2017 (57:00).
- Podcast, 4 May 2017 (51:52).
- Voyager plus pre-order pack
- Adventurer pre-order pack
- February 8, 2019 - Questions and Answers.
- Livestream, 25 July 2020 (48:28).
- Livestream, 5 May 2017 (22:39).
- Livestream, 15 May 2017 (13:06).
- Interview, 18 July 2020 (52:57).
- Interview, 24 August 2018 (4:15).