- Cosmetic skins.
- Moving items between characters, where they are only applicable to one character at a time.
Alpha-1 account management
Name reservation priority
- Kickstarter backer tiers, highest to lowest.
- Summer crowdfunding backer tiers, highest to lowest.
- Pre-order packs purchased from the web store.
Within each tier, the name reservations are on a first-come-first-served basis.
Name reservation availability
- Basic mounts are obtained through an early quest that is available to all players in starting areas.
- Players assign cosmetic skins to a character on their account from the account management page.
- The skin can then be applied the appearance of the mount that was earned in game.
- This does not remove the skin itself. It can be applied again to any other applicable mount in the future.
- Players may remove the skin from a character and assign it to another character on their account.
- Skins can only ever be active on one character and one mount.
The Dawnbreaker mount skin is used in a similar fashion as described, but is only applicable to a certain class of mounts. Aquatic mount skins, like the Tidesnapper, are also used in a similar fashion, but are only applicable to the aquatic class of mounts.
It will be possible to register with Intrepid, in order to play on NA servers. In which case, your account and billing info would be handled solely by Intrepid. My.com will be responsible, with collaboration from Intrepid, for EU accounts and servers. – Steven Sharif
- Q: Can you inform us about payments done by EU. Will they be to my.com or to IS?
- A: Depends where the player creates their accounts, you will be able to choose Intrepid or my.com. – Steven Sharif
A player may choose to migrate their account of from My.com to Intrepid Studios, should they wish. Additionally, if they own a package from either Kickstarter or from the Summer backers, they can migrate that package over to the My.com registration as well. – Steven Sharif
- Very little gear will be account bound or soulbound in Ashes of Creation.
- Gear is obtained via crafting, gathering and processing along with raid and dungeon bosses.
A lot of what we experienced in games that usually come before us is that many things our account bound and they're soulbound to your character... Instead very little here is character bound. Very very little. The vast majority of gear- yes you will get quest related gear as rewards- but it won't be let's say one set in one dungeon and you must run the dungeon over and over. Instead we want to really emphasize the reliance on the economy and crafters and gatherers and processors to support a majority of the gear structure in-game, combined with that of world raid bosses and dungeon bosses; not a repetitive quest line through a single dungeon. – Steven Sharif