Ashes of Creation Wiki
Ashes of Creation Wiki aims to capture accurate confirmed knowledge about Ashes of Creation. The 2,567 articles in this wiki are kept up-to-date with the latest info from Intrepid Studios. Everyone can contribute to this wiki.
|We are translating Ashes of Creation Wiki into multiple languages. |
Find out more.
Table of contents
Ashes of Creation
Information relevant to the ongoing development of Ashes of Creation.
- Ashes of Creation (overview) | Inspiration | Design pillars | User interface
- Intrepid Studios | Release schedule | Alpha-1 | Alpha-2 | Milestones
- Media | Livestreams | Videos | Concept art | 3D renders | Wallpapers
- Pre-order packs | Cosmetic store | Kickstarter | Summer crowdfunding
- Gameplay | Unreal Engine 5 | Performance | System requirements
Engaging and immersive story
Topics that reflect the past and the present of Verra.
- Classes | Archetypes | Roles
- Races | Religions
- Skills | Augments
- Lore | Story arcs
- Roleplaying | Social animations
- World map | Points of interest | Climate
- Environments | Underrealm | Undersea
Topics that describe how the world of Verra evolves based on player activity.
- Nodes | Node types | Node stages | Zone of influence
- Economy | Player businesses | Auction houses
- Artisan classes | Gathering | Processing | Crafting
- Quests | Events | Tasks
- Naval | Naval combat | Ships
- World bosses | Monster coins
- Destructible environments
Ashes of Creation will be a living, breathing, reactive world. Your actions will shape the Zones of Influence, leveling Nodes to form massive Cities, and create the story of the world that everyone experiences. – Margaret Krohn
Game systems and mechanics that foster player interaction.
- Dungeons | Raids | Combat
- Guilds | Guild halls | Guild fortresses | Guild castles
- Group dynamics | Looting
- Social organizations
- Parlor games
We decided to focus on mechanics that bring the idea of community to the forefront. To get people to interact with each other meaningfully – not just to conquer a raid boss, or to get some coin from a faceless auction house, but to maybe save a city. A city that all the local residents had a stake in. A city that the players had spent weeks or months developing; the defense of that city, the attack on that city! Or building a world together as a community choosing our own fate with our friends. We believe that’s going to be a story far more memorable and far more meaningful to players than just about anything we can come up with.
Systems that grow and shape player experiences in the game.
- Weapons | Armor
- Progression | Leveling
- Housing | Node housing | Apartments | Freeholds
- Mounts | Mules | Dragons
- Character creator | Gear appearance
- Cosmetics | Skins | Costumes | Accessories
- Inventory | Consumables
We will have a lot of content that is available, but those will be behind doors that are accessible through agency on behalf of the community. In a traditional sense, no we are not a theme-park, however we will probably have more content than a theme-park does, traditionally. Just because, in order for those choices to be meaningful, there must be meaningful content behind the door you choose. – Steven Sharif
Risk vs. reward
Activities that reward daring adventurers and foster meaningful conflict.
- World PvP | Caravans | Guild wars
- Node sieges | Castle sieges
- Player corruption | Bounty hunters
- Achievements | Leader boards | Trophy park
- Exploration | Treasure hunting
- Stock exchange (sharemarket)
The risk versus reward relationship, when, say for instance, you've dedicated time towards building a node and other players have dedicated that equivalent time towards sieging the node, there's going to be a pitched battle between those players... They spend that time doing this because they care passionately about having access to that content. – Steven Sharif
If you wish to become an editor or translator, please drop by our Discord and introduce yourself.
- We do ask that contributors please read and adhere to the Style guidelines when editing or adding new articles.
- Starting a new page
- Editing pages
- Creating and editing translations
- Uploading media
- Embedding images and videos
- Creating and editing transcripts
- Using templates
- Formatting content
- Ashes of Creation Wiki's TODO list
- ↑ A reactive world - Nodes.
- ↑ Livestream, May 28, 2021 (1:05:29).
- ↑ Dillias diary.
- ↑ Livestream, February 9, 2018 (33:50).
- ↑ Blog - Know Your Nodes - The Basics.
- ↑ Livestream, January 28, 2022 (0:00).
- ↑ Ashes of Creation - A new Beginning.
- ↑ Livestream, September 27, 2019 (50:01).
- ↑ Livestream, 2018-04-8 (AM) (27:26).
- ↑ Video, July 16, 2017 (0:01).
- ↑ Livestream, October 28, 2022 (13:53).
- ↑ Livestream, May 22, 2017 (38:44).
- ↑ Video, April 12, 2019 (0:00).