|Apartments||Instanced.||Town stage and higher.||One per server.|
|Freeholds||Open world.||Village stage and higher.||One per account.|
|Static housing||In-node.||Village stage and higher.||One per server.|
- Q: If I put an alt on a different server I could have like in node housing or like at least an instanced house?
- A: Correct, yes. – Steven Sharif
- 1 Benefits
- 2 Apartments
- 3 Freeholds
- 4 Static housing
- 5 Housing destructibility
- 6 Real estate
- 7 Taxes
- 8 Housing decoration
- 9 Tavern rooms
- 10 Player housing grace period
- 11 Mobile/web interface
- 12 Artwork
- 13 See also
- 14 References
- Ability to claim citizenship to a Node.
- Prized items can be displayed within a house.
- Houses can be used to carry out crafting.
- Social activities.
- Houses provide an amount of storage.
- Achievements and trophies may be displayed.
- May provide proximity based bonuses.
- Citizenship tickets may also grant citizenship to certain node stages. This mechanic will be decided based on testing.
We want these places to be populated and people to be attracted to them and so right now we think housing is enough for that. But we don't want to design ourselves into a corner where we don't have any other options, so the hope is that yes citizenship will be only gained through housing; with our caveat that if that doesn't work well we'll change it. – Jeffrey Bard
- A player can only claim citizenship to one node at a time.
- Only one citizenship may be declared per account, per server.
- This may have changed to one citizenship per account.
Your account is bound to one declared citizenship per server, which means that if you have two alts and your main character on one server you may only be a citizen of one node between those three... If you have an alt on a different server, it could be a citizen of a node as well. – Steven Sharif
Changing citizenship has a cooldown of two weeks.
You can declare citizenship to only one node and when you declare that citizenship. Let's say for example, one guild perhaps wanting to kind of take all their members and have them all declare the same citizenship to a location. The longer a node exists the higher the prize it is to take and some systems with regards to crafting progression and/or rewards and bonuses or the reliquary that we haven't really touched on a lot, those systems are going to be so enticing that from an incentive standpoint it will compel other groups to either potentially break alliances or siege the city in order to take the goods that are potentially in it. So, from an incentive standpoint we have that at play. Additionally, we don't have a cap per-se that we've announced yet on the citizenship aspect of being in a node, but we do have soft caps. It becomes costlier the higher number of citizens each time one new person wants to join to be part of a node. So, there is sort of a soft cap on how many citizens one node can have and it might be that not all in the guild can participate in that area. So, there's kind of a natural divide: A pseudo faction, so to speak between who is a part of that node and who is not. – Steven Sharif
- Apartment rentals offer node citizenship.
- Different price points offer different sized apartments.
- Prices for apartments will fluctuate depending on the number of units already sold in the node.
- Apartments are instanced and only limited in number by the increasing price.
- Apartments can be decorated as required.
- Freeholds are limited to one per account.
- Freeholds are approximately half an acre in size. Expansions and upgrades are available as node progression allows.
- Pathing routes (Roadways).
- Dungeons and other points of interest.
- Spawn areas.
- Other freehold plots.
- Hard terrain features, such as mountainsides or cliffs.
Depending on where your place you're freehold, you're gonna have different environmental tiles available to you and those will kind of enable or buff existing structures that you place in your Freehold... I don't know that we would put like fish farming just for a freehold that's on a river. What we would probably do is give you a buff to fishing in that area. That kind of a thing. So there'll be more buffs for existing things rather than necessarily a special buildings just for that area. But again we're not fully baked in on that system yet, so it's very possible though we end up going down that direction. – Jeffrey Bard
Freehold benefits include:
- Because freeholds are built within a Node’s ZOI, they grant citizenship.
- Freeholds allow the owner to sell consumables that are only purchasable for specific buildings.
- A player may store items in their freehold.
- Freeholds will have access lists.
- Co-ownership is planned but may not initially be in the game.
Players cannot steal from a Freehold under normal circumstances.
- NPC guards that permanently exist on a freehold are not a planned feature.
- Guards may be available for hire to defend freeholds after a successful node siege.
- Q: We were discussing in chat earlier about freeholds and whether or not a person would be safe in their home or within the entirety of their freehold from getting player killed?
- A: I think our initial testing is going to revolve around the footprint of their freehold and then we'll take into consideration the metrics gleaned from that testing. – Steven Sharif
Static housing development
- The architecture of static housing is predetermined by the racial influence of the Node development.
- As the node advances, so does the housing.
- New property becomes available at each stage of advancement, but it will be more akin to what was available at the previous stage.
- Only the houses that existed at the Village stage will become main street mansions at the Metropolis stage.
Static housing destructibility
- If the housing was purchased at a higher advancement than the node currently is then it will be destroyed, otherwise the housing will be scaled back.
- If their building was destroyed during a node siege, even if the siege was not successful.
- If the siege delevels the node below stage 4 (Town).
- Players and their allies may defend their freehold for this period of time.
- Structures and guards may be obtained to defend freeholds during this period.
- In-node housing will be at a premium, and is expected to be hotly contested.
- A player's tax charge will be determined by the number of structures built on their plot.
- Furniture and artwork may be freely placed within player housing.
- Prized items such as achievements and trophies may be displayed.
- Characters will be able to interact with furniture items such as sit in chairs and lay in beds.
Your ability to craft more luxurious furniture comes with how much of a master craftsman you've become in the furnishing profession... This isn't like you know, I want my house to look good, I got to fork over 50 bucks in cosmetics... Players can craft in-game based on their dedication and focus in that aspect the artisan tree. – Steven Sharif
Ashes of Creation Apocalypse player housing
Housing decoration cosmetics
Player housing grace period
- Crop rotations.
- Player stalls (Kiosks).
- Mayoral duties.
- Pay taxes.
- Fishing (potentially).
- Parlor games (Tavern games).
- World event notifications.
- Node citizenship notifications.
- Player housing notifications.
Some of it may come post-launch... but we do want people to interact with the game on their phones when they're away from the computer; and we're going to do as much as we can to make that cool. – Jeffrey Bard
- Video, 25 May 2017 (1:07).
- Livestream, 4 May 2018 (32:46).
- Node series part II – the Metropolis.
- Interview, 11 May 2018 (50:47).
- Livestream, 5 May 2017 (30:53).
- Livestream, 9 July 2018 (27:12).
- MMOGames interview, January 2017
- Livestream, 19 May 2017 (53:24).
- Interview, 11 May 2018 (50:05).
- Interview, 20 October 2018 (2:36).
- Video, 5 April 2018 (41:48).
- Livestream, 26 May 2017 (44:52).
- Livestream, 12 May 2017 (52:01).
- Video, 25 May 2017 (0:02).
- Livestream, 5 May 2017 (31:51).
- Livestream, 16 October 2017 (56:42).
- Livestream, 16 October 2017 (56:38).
- Livestream, 19 May 2017 (32:23).
- Livestream, 9 May 2018 (40:24).
- Livestream, 26 May 2017 (34:21).
- Ashes of Creation Store: Velkor's Eye.
- Livestream, 24 May 2017 (9:58).
- Livestream, 26 May 2017 (44:11).
- Livestream, 6 December 2018 (44:14).
- Livestream, 19 May 2017 (54:01).
- Livestream, 19 May 2017 (26:40).
- Livestream, 9 February 2018 (51:57).
- Livestream, 17 May 2017 (1:03:23).
- Interview, 8 August 2018 (6:44).
- Livestream, 18 January 2018 (31:05).
- Livestream, 19 May 2017 (28:04).
- Blog - Know Your Nodes - The Basics.
- Livestream, 12 May 2017 (51:12).
- Livestream, 16 October 2017 (13:25).
- Livestream, 19 May 2017 (33:57).
- Livestream, 18 July 2017 (40:14).
- Livestream, 17 November 2017 (47:10).
- Livestream, 19 May 2017 (29:34).
- Ashes of Creation Store: Gateway mantle.
- Livestream, 17 November 2017 (26:22).
- Livestream, 24 May 2017 (29:54).
- Livestream, 22 May 2017 (56:31).
- Livestream, 17 August 2018 (10:54).
- Livestream, 1 September 2018 (1:05:10).
- Livestream, 31 October 2018 (38:47).
- The mighty beard!
- Livestream, 24 May 2017 (42:22).
- Livestream, 18 January 2018 (30:18).
- Livestream, 17 November 2017 (11:00).
- Livestream, 4 May 2018 (54:09).
- Livestream, 9 May 2017 (28:57).
- Livestream, 17 November 2017 (9:49).
- Livestream, 17 November 2017 (11:53).