We're gonna have a wide array of character customization out of the box.
A character's voice may be able to be selected from preset options.
We want there to be a lot of room for people to manifest their own identity, to role play how they want to from an appearance standpoint. There's going to be parameters within which you will be able to customize a character. We want the culture and the identity of the races to exist in a range that makes them easily identifiable from other players and other cultures. So, because of that, we have to have a spectrum you can exist on. There will be a lot of hair variants you can do, body art tattoos that you can apply. You'll be able to play with the scales of the facial structure, the bones, the height, width, the body fat percentage. You'll be able to add body hair on different parts of the body. If you want to have hair on your feet, you can dial that up. – Steven Sharif
- Character models are focused on realism.
- A player will see a generic character before customization.
- Player can adjust their character to be overweight, skinny, muscular.
- Character designs will have influences from a wide range of cultures, such as European, African and Asian.
- Lolis will not be in the game.
Sliders will offer flexibility in customization.
- Hair variants.
- Can add hair on different parts of the body.
- Body art.
- Facial structure.
- Bone structure.
- You can't have a one inch tall character.
- Body fat percentage.
- Brow height.
- Facial hair.
- Body type.
- There will be "boobie sliders".
- These are relative to the character's race.
- The scale is not going to be ridiculous.
- Eye color.
- Skin color.
- Hair color.
Cosmetic items that produce in-game cosmetic effects will also be available.
- The dyeability of costumes depends on the specific costume.
Outside of wanting to keep maybe some identity from a lore perspective; for example if you have like a white lion's suit of armor, you may not want that white lion suit of armor to be black or blue. So, it's possible. It depends on the costume itself. – Steven Sharif
I would like to have the option for players to go in spend time, create characters save that character and then have it available in their suite their character creation suite as an option to preload at launch that they can take that's those settings and launch the character. I would love for there to be community rewards and competitions for the best made characters that we could do like a monthly kind of thing around and/or additionally I'd like for there to be implementation of housing and a housing suite that you can save your furniture load out as well for building out the interior of housing. I don't know if we'll be able to get to that. It is a cherry on top of the icing. And we'll see how the schedule looks with that regard. – Steven Sharif
- What a character looks like.
- Achievements and server firsts.
- Info on a player's class.
- Character's back story via journal entries (that are shared publicly by the player).
That's part of the character sheet desire for us which hopefully will be accessible in game as well by opening a browser through our UI where you can get back history of a character that that character has input themselves into journal entries that they may choose to share with others... For role play perspective we want people to be in depth with their characters. – Steven Sharif
The player can manage what info is shown on the character page.
- There is a minimum length of three for a character name.
- In-game a character's name is displayed above their head. This can be the first or last name.
- Tulnar race does not have sub-types, instead, players will be able to customize the appearance of Tulnar characters.
- Players will have dials to adjust the reptilian, mammalian, humanoid, and other attributes of their Tulnar character in the Character creator.
- Tulnar do not equal furries.
- There are bestial components that can be scaled up when creating a Tulnar character.
Tulnar do not equal furries, but there are definitely some bestial components that you can scale up when you're creating your Tulnar character, so you could max that setting I guess. Whether or not that would give you what you would think of as a furry, I guess it's going to be up to your interpretation of what a Furry is. – Steven Sharif
- Racial skins can be toggled on and off.
There may be plans to create other racial template skins, such as undead or werewolf skins in future, but there is no commitment to do so.
Costumes were available for purchase during the Kickstarter and Summer crowdfunding campaigns, during PAX West 2017 and PAX East 2018; and are currently available in Pre-order packs on the cosmetic store.
- Cosmetic slots can be toggled on or off.
I'm more of the mind that it wouldn't really serve a purpose to have bikini plate armor, just in like reality, if you're going to have armor, it should be protective. I think from a fashion statement is enjoyable for some people, but it's a kind of an immersive issue. – Steven Sharif
- Livestream, 30 june 2017 (9:28).
- Livestream, 30 June 2017 (09:43).
- Livestream, 8 May 2017 (48:49).
- Livestream, 26 May 2017 (53:40).
- Livestream, 16 October 2017 (15:18).
- Ashes of Creation - The visuals.
- Livestream, 8 April 2018 (PM) (13:39).
- Livestream, 8 may 2017 (47:35).
- Livestream, 15 May 2017 (51:19).
- Livestream, 30 june 2017 (11:21).
- Livestream, 30 june 2017 (10:04).
- Livestream, 30 june 2017 (10:27).
- Livestream, 30 june 2017 (12:39).
- Livestream, 30 june 2017 (13:13).
- Livestream, 24 May 2017 (48:45).
- Livestream, 22 May 2017 (54:32).
- Livestream, 24 May 2017 (28:22).
- Livestream, 26 May 2017 (32:14).
- Livestream, 8 April 2018 (PM) (18:48).
- Livestream, 22 May 2017 (58:51).
- Interview, 8 August 2018 (30:51).
- Livestream, 17 November 2017 (13:59).
- Interview, 8 August 2018 (28:50).
- Livestream, 8 may 2017 (48:39).
- Livestream, 31 oct 2017 (48:39).
- Interview, 11 May 2018 (2:45).
- Livestream, 30 May 2017 (16:51).
- Livestream, 28 July 2017 (20:17).
- Livestream, 30 June 2017 (15:10).
- Livestream, 23 August 2017 (31:29).
- Livestream, 8 April 2018 (AM) (3:12).
- Livestream, 12 May 2017 (1:04:04).
- Kickstarter 12k+ backers.
- Livestream, 8 April 2018 (AM) (4:47).
- Ashes of Creation Store: Vestments of the Runecarvers.
- Livestream, 17 November 2017 (22:33).
- Podcast, 4 August 2018 (53:43).
- Livestream, 9 February 2018 (50:29).
- Livestream, 26 May 2017 (19:51).
- Livestream, 18 July 2017 (54:56).
- Livestream, 28 July 2017 (9:47).
- Livestream, 3 September 2017 (48:56).