Vaelune (pronounced Vay-lune) are a playable Aela Human race in Ashes of Creation.
- Trade. Law. Hardship. The Vaelune were forged in the heat of the desert, and through the ages became a blade that bends, but does not break. Through the development of a complex web of relationships and savvy negotiation, the Vaelune grew into one of the wealthiest empires in Sanctus, despite having few natural resources to exploit themselves. Their environment has taught them what it means to kill or be killed, whether through the beasts of the desert or the snakes in the market square.
Vaelune have Jinn influence in their lineage, which manifests as an essence-like rupture in their skin after stepping through the divine gateways.
The Vaelune have a Middle Eastern racial influence.
Aelan Humans are split into two races: Kaelar and Vaelune.
The Aelan empire is the most recent successor of the once great house of Lyneth. For over one thousand years the house of Lyneth ruled over the Aela. A golden age endured for most of their reign. It was only during the dawn of [the last century before the fall], during the Great War of the Undying that the house fell. With no suitable heir to the Lyneth throne the country fell into chaos. What arose is the fragile republic we see today. Overseen by the Emperor elected through the Council of Five: The five who govern the greatest cities on the Empire. The Aelan empire is by far the largest nation in all of Verra, with over eight million souls among its inhabitants. Aelans also represent the single largest population on Verra. Their borders touch upon every other nation; and with their interests of expansion on the seas of Verra, they are able to deploy their widely feared armies to any shore. The Empire uses this fear to bully many city states, bending them to their will. Those who deny the will of the Empire often find themselves at the end of a sword. – Steven Sharif
The Riverlands biome was the ancestral home of the Aelan and is the present day home of the Kaelar.
The Toren half-elves were the predecessor of both the Aelan and Pyrian races.
Aelan artistic influence
Aelean architecture has a French medieval influence.
2022-09-27 2022-04-21 2022-01-30 2021-03-28 2020-10-30 2020-10-09 2018-06-07 2018-04-01 2017-10-21 2017-10-13
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Livestream, August 26, 2022 (41:37).
- ↑ Livestream, January 30, 2020 (1:07:50).
- ↑ Livestream, March 31, 2022 (1:06:54).
- ↑ 5.0 5.1
- ↑ Podcast, May 11, 2018 (31:35).
- ↑ Transcript, November 5, 2022 (42:16).
- ↑ 9.0 9.1 Twitter - Capital city of the Aelan empire.
- ↑ Livestream, May 27, 2022 (1:04:29).
- ↑ Livestream, November 3, 2018 (0:05:24).
- ↑ Livestream, February 25, 2022 (41:00).
- ↑ Livestream, November 8, 2020 (00:49).
- ↑ Interview, October 20, 2018 (3:47:17).