- The Tulnar is a combination of four different races that were left behind on Verra.
- This was previously stated to be three different races.
- Tulnar stands for "the forgotten".
- Tulnar are not restricted to the Underrealm (there are no factions).
- Tulnar eat many things!
- Tulnar are not a result of corruption.
Were the Tulnar a result of corruption in their creation, or was it purely a kind of you know crossbreeding between the multiple minor and major races that existed in the Underrealm during the after the apocalypse? They are not a result of corruption. So there is no corruption that was that was taken into account during their creation. – Steven Sharif
- Tulnar race does not have sub-types, instead, players will be able to customize the appearance of Tulnar characters.
- Players will have dials to adjust the reptilian, mammalian, humanoid, and other attributes of their Tulnar character in the Character creator.
- Tulnar do not equal furries.
- There are bestial components that can be scaled up when creating a Tulnar character.
Tulnar do not equal furries, but there are definitely some bestial components that you can scale up when you're creating your Tulnar character, so you could max that setting I guess. Whether or not that would give you what you would think of as a furry, I guess it's going to be up to your interpretation of what a Furry is. – Steven Sharif
Tulnar starting area
The Underrealm is a rich environment where bio-luminescence abounds in the fauna and flora that exist here. These deep caverns and underground valleys provide new destinations for civilization to develop. Bringing the node system into the depths of the world may awaken darker creatures than the surface.
The expansiveness of the Underrealm itself is quite large. It does persist across across a lot of the playable game area that's above ground. So there are alternatives in the Underrealm for passages and traversal throughout the world. – Steven Sharif
One of the aspects of the Lore behind the Tulnar was that in the pantheon of gods that exist- having foretold the future through the Goddess of Fate to the Goddess of Creation- these areas in the Underrealm were created in to allow for refuge for which the gods knew would be left behind that couldn't make it to Sanctus. So that was a pre-thought there in the creation of the Underrealm to facilitate that realm where refugees could seek. – Steven Sharif
We plan to have the Underrealm really pervasive throughout the game itself, a part of the open world. It will introduce some unique elements such as the type of monsters you see, the type of crops you can grow and houses you can have. – Steven Sharif
Long ago, the world of Verra was besieged by a great calamity. A corruption befell the land, twisting and perverting every facet of nature, spawning hideous beings of every description; from troll-like creatures to towering behemoths. Nothing escaped its touch.
Soon after the exodus, the gateways dimmed and became dormant. Centuries turned to millennia, burying them beneath myriad calamities. Over eons, history became legend, then even the great legends were at last forgotten.
- Kickstarter $1,750,000 Stretch Goal Unlocked, 13 May 2017.
- Interview, 31 October 2018 (5:03).
- Livestream, 30 May 2017 (16:51).
- Kickstarter $2,500,000 New Player Race Achieved.
- Livestream, 17 May 2017 (5:49).
- Livestream, 8 April 2018 (23:04).
- Livestream, 28 July 2017 (20:17).
- Livestream, 26 May 2017 (39:34).
- Livestream, November 22 2019 (24:33).
- Livestream, 8 April 2018 (AM) (2:17).
- Livestream, 30 June 2017 (15:10).
- Livestream, 23 August 2017 (31:29).
- Interview, 15 April 2019 (20:15).
- Livestream, 8 April 2018 (AM) (3:12).
- Livestream, 16 October 2017 (53:58).
- Ashes of Creation - The visuals.
- Interview, 31 October 2018 (5:43).
- Interview, 31 October 2018 (6:00).
- A chat with Ashes of Creation's Steven Sharif, 7 June 2017.
- Unreal Engine Interview, 23 May 2017.
- Ashes of Creation - A world with consequences.
- Interview, 20 April 2018 (5:46).
- Livestream, 27 September 2018 (6:22).