The Underrealm is a rich environment where bio-luminescence abounds in the fauna and flora that exist here. These deep caverns and underground valleys provide new destinations for civilization to develop. Bringing the node system into the depths of the world may awaken darker creatures than the surface.
The expansiveness of the Underrealm itself is quite large. It does persist across across a lot of the playable game area that's above ground. So there are alternatives in the Underrealm for passages and traversal throughout the world. – Steven Sharif
One of the aspects of the Lore behind the Tulnar was that in the pantheon of gods that exist- having foretold the future through the Goddess of Fate to the Goddess of Creation- these areas in the Underrealm were created in to allow for refuge for which the gods knew would be left behind that couldn't make it to Sanctus. So that was a pre-thought there in the creation of the Underrealm to facilitate that realm where refugees could seek. – Steven Sharif
We plan to have the Underrealm really pervasive throughout the game itself, a part of the open world. It will introduce some unique elements such as the type of monsters you see, the type of crops you can grow and houses you can have. – Steven Sharif
- Caravans should be able to operate as they do above ground.
- If there's insufficient room for Dragons, another mount type may be utilized.
- Burrowing mounts are being considered as an alternative to flying mounts in the Underrealm.
One of the important aspects of color play is going to be the distinguishing factor between different Underrealms and the regions that exist in the world: Their color influences set them apart from different regions. – Steven Sharif
- This will not be a one-to-one correlation: for example, it won't snow in the Underrealm.
- Tunnel flooding and other effects will be related to the weather above ground.
The seasons above ground will kind of inform what happens underneath. I mean, it's not going to be a direct one-to-one correlation right, not like it's going to be raining in the underworld, but you will see the effects from above happen down below: You might find tunnels being flooded. – Jeffrey Bard
- This will affect Farming and Animal husbandry professions.
- Since players may only have one Freehold, they must choose their Artisan specializations accordingly if they wish to place it in the Underrealm.
- Caravan routes will go underground.
- Node sieges occur in the usual manner.
- There will be underrealm Metropolises.
- The Tulnar is a combination of four different races that were left behind on Verra.
- This was previously stated to be three different races.
- Tulnar stands for "the forgotten".
- Tulnar are not restricted to the Underrealm (there are no factions).
The Tulnar society has more of a caste like system, where based on what physical features you show, based on where your ancestry and lineage lie between the races that came together to make the Tulnar, kind of determines your order in that caste system to a degree. So when players get to create their characters and determine whether they are going to have heavy influences of reptilian, mammalian, humanoid; that's going to kind of determine their reception from NPCs as well when they interact with those Tulnar PCs. – Steven Sharif
Long ago, the world of Verra was besieged by a great calamity. A corruption befell the land, twisting and perverting every facet of nature, spawning hideous beings of every description; from troll-like creatures to towering behemoths. Nothing escaped its touch.
Soon after the exodus, the gateways dimmed and became dormant. Centuries turned to millennia, burying them beneath myriad calamities. Over eons, history became legend, then even the great legends were at last forgotten.
480 square kilometers; which is which is pretty large comparatively to other MMORPGs out there. Now that does not include the lapped spaces: So that is the Underrealm and the portion of the world that it encompasses, which could probably easily take up an additional hundredish square kilometers I would imagine. – Steven Sharif
- The Alpha-0 map is a 4km x 4km area (16 km2).
- The Ashes of Creation Apocalypse battlegrounds map is 2.5km x 2.5km2 (6.25 km2).
- The Alpha-1 map is 120 km2.
- Ashes of Creation - The visuals.
- Kickstarter $1,750,000 Stretch Goal Unlocked, 13 May 2017.
- Interview, 31 October 2018 (5:43).
- Interview, 31 October 2018 (6:00).
- A chat with Ashes of Creation's Steven Sharif, 7 June 2017.
- Livestream, 1 June 2017 (24:30).
- Interview, 17 August 2018 (8:57).
- Livestream, 18 January 2018 (14:00).
- Livestream, 5 May 2017 (37:52).
- Livestream, 26 May 2017 (31:44).
- Livestream, 26 May 2017 (42:45).
- Livestream, 24 May 2017 (31:39).
- Livestream, 30 May 2017 (16:51).
- Kickstarter $2,500,000 New Player Race Achieved.
- Livestream, 17 May 2017 (5:49).
- Livestream, 8 April 2018 (23:04).
- Livestream, 28 July 2017 (20:17).
- Livestream, 26 May 2017 (39:34).
- Interview, 31 October 2018 (5:03).
- Livestream, 8 April 2018 (AM) (2:17).
- Unreal Engine Interview, 23 May 2017.
- Ashes of Creation - A world with consequences.
- Interview, 20 April 2018 (5:46).
- Livestream, 27 September 2018 (6:22).
- Kickstarter packages.
- Interview, 17 August 2018 (10:43).
- Livestream, 31 October 2017 (24:00).
- Livestream, 27 September 2018 (9:08).