- Animal husbandry will be an exploritative profession.
Tamable creatures may fit creature templates with pre-defined behaviors.
- For example: A wolf or a dog may look different but may be balanced to the same templated behavior.
- Rare creatures can be captured and tamed to breed animals with specific traits.
- Special mounts such as Dragons are not breedable.
- Breeding will change the stats of the mount that is being bred.
- There is a form of genetics, but it won't be complex. Genetic lines react to the type of mount or creature that has been captured or tamed.
Animal husbandry involves a tree of its own that players get to discover via what pairings they choose... That's going to be a pretty fun aspect of creating rare mounts that haven't been seen in the world. – Steven Sharif
There are stages of development within breeding.
- Youngling stage: For mammals this relates to baby animals. For lizards (reptiles) this is an egg stage.
- Changes at the Youngling stage affect the appearance of the animal at adulthood.
- During the Youngling stage there may also be quests for specific types of cosmetic features.
There is a compendium of acceptable parameters for breeding, which isn't going to be known until players discover it.
- This discovery may be different for different players.
- Trial and error and exploration and discovery of certain breeding habits and different quests may grant access to slots in the compendium.
- Combat pets will incorporate some of their owner's power in a way that keeps the power progression horizontal.
- There will be smaller mules.
Since ancient times, the hippogryph has been a symbol of noble and majestic strength for numerous cultures. They are cunning and fiercely independent creatures. A rarity it is, for one to have the opportunity to get close enough without being torn apart by their piercing beaks and talons. However, those fortunate enough to form a bond with a hippogryph will find them to be loyal beings, almost to a fault. It is a sight to see a hippogryph and its rider leading the vanguard of a prestigious army. Such is the inspiration they bring.
- This will affect Farming and Animal husbandry professions.
- Since players may only have one Freehold, they must choose their Artisan specializations accordingly if they wish to place it in the Underrealm.
- Livestream, 18 January 2018 (33:07).
- Livestream, 16 June 2017 (28:07).
- Livestream, 1 June 2017 (28:42).
- Livestream, 17 August 2018 (12:27).
- Livestream, 17 May 2017 (1:04:12).
- Livestream, 26 May 2017 (46:43).
- Livestream, 9 February 2018 (39:42).
- Livestream, 22 May 2017 (53:39).
- Livestream, 8 April 2018 (AM) (12:34).
- Podcast, 4 August 2018 (1:22:24).
- Podcast, 11 May 2018 (1:02:02).
- Livestream, 28 June 2019 (1:24:27).
- Lore of the Hippogryph.
- Livestream, 1 June 2017 (24:30).