- Freeholds are limited to one per account.
- Freeholds are approximately half an acre in size. Expansions and upgrades are available as node progression allows.
- 1 Freehold placement
- 2 Freehold buildings
- 3 Freehold professions
- 4 List of freehold skins
- 5 Freehold benefits
- 6 Freehold security
- 7 Freehold destructibility
- 8 Housing types
- 9 Real estate
- 10 See also
- 11 References
- Pathing routes (Roadways).
- Spawn areas.
- Other freehold plots.
- Hard terrain features, such as mountainsides or cliffs.
- Animal husbandry.
- Crafting stations can be located on freeholds or within nodes.
- Freehold progression unlocks new bonuses, abilities and capabilities.
We want there to be progression in many systems and part of the freehold progression is that when you establish these base buildings the longer and more productive you are and exist with that freehold, the more opportunity those buildings will have to both level up: offering new bonuses, new abilities, new capabilities; and just surviving in this world is a feat in and of itself, so it's rewarded by allowing progression with those things. – Steven Sharif
- Quests that might only be gathered from the player-owned taverns.
- Meals that grant buffs for a period of time after a player leaves.
- Recipes that could potentially be sold to cooking professions, that may only be obtained from a player-owned business in a certain area.
List of freehold skins
Freehold benefits include:
- Because freeholds are built within a Node’s ZOI, they grant citizenship.
- Freeholds allow the owner to sell consumables that are only purchasable for specific buildings.
- A player may store items in their freehold.
- Freeholds will have access lists.
- Co-ownership is planned but may not initially be in the game.
Players cannot steal from a Freehold under normal circumstances.
- NPC guards that permanently exist on a freehold are not a planned feature.
- Guards may be available for hire to defend freeholds after a successful node siege.
- Players and their allies may defend their freehold for this period of time.
- Structures and guards may be obtained to defend freeholds during this period.
Artisan freehold features are also affected by adjacent terrain features. For example: building next to a river provides a nearby source of clean freshwater, and will have a positive effect on your crops.
|Apartments||Instanced.||Town stage and higher.||One per server.|
|Freeholds||Open world.||Village stage and higher.||One per account.|
|Static housing||In-node.||Village stage and higher.||One per server.|
- In-node housing will be at a premium, and is expected to be hotly contested.
- Video, 25 May 2017 (0:02).
- Livestream, 5 May 2017 (31:51).
- Node series part II – the Metropolis.
- Interview, 11 May 2018 (50:47).
- Livestream, 16 October 2017 (56:42).
- Livestream, 16 October 2017 (56:38).
- Livestream, 19 May 2017 (32:23).
- Livestream, 26 May 2017 (34:21).
- Ashes of Creation Store: Velkor's Eye.
- Livestream, 24 May 2017 (9:58).
- Livestream, 26 May 2017 (44:11).
- Livestream, 1 June 2017 (24:30).
- Livestream, 12 May 2017 (1:00:18).
- Podcast, 11 May 2018 (48:29).
- Livestream, 26 May 2017 (50:00).
- Podcast, 23 April 2018 (29:56).
- Livestream, 19 May 2017 (54:01).
- Livestream, 19 May 2017 (26:40).
- Livestream, 9 February 2018 (51:57).
- Livestream, 17 May 2017 (1:03:23).
- Livestream, 18 January 2018 (31:05).
- Livestream, 19 May 2017 (28:04).
- Livestream, 19 May 2017 (29:34).
- Livestream, 18 July 2017 (40:14).
- Livestream, 17 November 2017 (47:10).
- Interview, 11 May 2018 (28:21).
- Livestream, 5 May 2017 (32:44).
- Livestream, 5 May 2017 (15:47).
- MMOGames interview, January 2017
- Livestream, 12 May 2017 (52:01).