When a guild reaches a certain level, its guild master is granted a guild freehold certificate to enable placement of a guild hall.
- Some freehold cosmetics may be applicable to guild freeholds.
The term "guild housing" refers to guild buildings and not guild owned player housing.
Guild halls serve as a focal point for a guild, offering a host of benefits and customization options.
- Guild halls may be placed on guild freeholds or within nodes.
- In-node guild halls may only be claimed by patron guilds of that node. These have different perks and benefits to halls placed on freehold plots.
- When a guild reaches a certain level, its guild master is granted a guild freehold certificate to enable placement of a guild hall.
- Guild halls are objectives in guild wars.
- Guild halls can only be destroyed by a successful node siege. This contrasts with guild fortresses, which can be sieged in a guild war.
- A guild hall only houses a single guild.
Guildhalls are the ultimate expression of a guild's power! In Ashes these structures will serve as focal points for a guild, offering any guilds who construct them a whole host of benefits as well as customization options.
Guild hall benefits
Guild halls unlock actions a guild can perform within a node.
- Allow guilds to participate in the shareholder system.
Five guild castles exist in Ashes of Creation.
- Castle sieges occur in the open world but may become instanced based on testing.
- There is one castle located on an island that is able to be affected by naval combat.
- Castles will initially be occupied by an NPC adversary. These are the primary antagonists in the storyline.
- These Castles are occupied when players arrive on Verra, and their current inhabitants will have to be removed before any player can claim them. Castles will be dangerous and high-level raid zones until they can be cleared, and the first group of players to do so will gain the Castle as their reward.
- Guilds have a period of time to level up in order to siege these castles.
- The attacking guilds need to fight the NPCs and kill a raid boss at the center of the castle.
- There will not be a relic to capture, instead whichever guild had highest contributing DPS against the raid boss will capture the castle.
- Castle nodes around NPC run castles will not be present.
Guild castles provide benefits and trophies for guilds that capture and control them.
- These benefits increase the longer a guild holds its castle.
There are levers and dials that are present to both the owners of Castles as well as the elected officials of Nodes that during their administration they have the ability to impact and influence the region around them. – Steven Sharif
Guild castles exert a King or Queen's presence over nodes within their region.
- Levy taxes for the purposes of defense (additional to taxes already imposed by node governments).
- Activate events and abilities that benefit node citizens under their rule.
- Establish special relationships with Mayors to help build up the three dedicated castle nodes.
- Unlock additional types of buildings in nodes.
- Exert control and pressure over one of the five economic regions.
Guild fortresses are siegable guild halls within Ashes of Creation. These are different from nodes and castles.
- Guild fortresses are objectives in guild wars. These are contested on a regular basis.
- The developers will decide if guild fortresses will be implemented in the game or shelved.
The fortress design is also something that might be on the shelf. We haven't decided yet. We're going to look into it, but the idea behind the fortress is that this is a competitive kind of guild hall so to speak where you have to contend for it on a regular basis so to speak; or can be taken from you necessarily. Whereas the guild hall is a structure similar to freehold structure can only be taken through successful sieges against a node per-se are not taken but destroyed. – Steven Sharif
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 Interview, April 21, 2019 (45:45).
- ↑ Livestream, April 30, 2021 (1:14:12).
- ↑ Livestream, July 28, 2017 (18:07).
- ↑ 5.0 5.1
- ↑ Podcast, August 18, 2018 (1:12:34).
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 Livestream, February 28, 2020 (1:06:51).
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 8.2 Podcast, August 4, 2018 (1:54:15).
- ↑ 9.0 9.1
- ↑ Livestream, May 22, 2017 (56:48).
- ↑ 11.0 11.1 Livestream, May 19, 2017 (51:20).
- ↑ 12.0 12.1 12.2 12.3 12.4 12.5 12.6 12.7 12.8 Livestream, August 28, 2020 (1:39:02).
- ↑ 13.0 13.1 13.2 13.3 Blog: 10 facts about castle sieges in the MMORPG.
- ↑ 15.0 15.1 Podcast, April 11, 2021 (49:40).
- ↑ Livestream, April 30, 2021 (41:18).
- ↑ Blog: Creative Director's Letter, April 14 2021
- ↑ Livestream, October 14, 2022 (58:46).
- ↑ 21.0 21.1 21.2 21.3 Podcast, April 23, 2018 (21:55).
- ↑ 22.0 22.1 Livestream, August 28, 2020 (1:31:11).
- ↑ Livestream, November 17, 2017 (49:30).
- ↑ 24.0 24.1 Interview, May 11, 2018 (47:27).
- ↑ 25.0 25.1 25.2 25.3 Podcast, May 5, 2017 (52:32).