- Location of the node.
- Node type.
- Race that contributed most to the node's advancement.
- The rest is determined by the node's mayor.
Some parts are determined by the area it's in. Some parts are determined by the type it is. Some parts are determined by the race it is; and then the rest of it is determined by the mayor. – Jeffrey Bard
All nodes whether they're associated with a castle or associated with normal node structure has cultural influences that replicate over to the buildings that are produced and the NPCs that are present. – Steven Sharif
There is an attrition and that attrition on experience and influence is heightened based on the performance of the race in the world. So if all these nodes are Orc nodes then their attrition rate is very high to compete with the cultural establishment of new nodes because they have more influence in the world and a popular opinion is against them in their outlying regions that they do not have influence in. – Steven Sharif
- Guild halls
- Royal stables
- Scholar's academy
- Static housing
- Thieves' guild
- Trader's company
And there could be regime change... If somebody doesn't like the fact that a market was built and they want to re-elect a new government next cycle, they can do so... and that market could be destroyed and a new building take its place.
- Aelean architecture has a French medieval influence.
- Pyrian architecture has a Greco-Roman influence.
- Empyreans have a Greco-Roman imperialistic feeling.
- The Py'Rai have a Navajo Native American influence. Py'Rai architecture has a woodland inspiration.
- The Vek have a Mesoamerican racial influence.
- The Niküa have a Polynesian influence.
You will see in the different races that are available from a player character standpoint a lot of different influences that reflect many cultures in the world: Not just European, not just Africa, not Mesoamerican. These cultures are going to be present in many of the races. – Steven Sharif
- Livestream, 9 February 2018 (33:50).
- Livestream, 27 September 2018 (53:06).
- Interview, 11 May 2018 (54:34).
- Livestream, 26 May 2017 (21:23).
- Interview, 11 May 2018 (47:27).
- Interview, 11 May 2018 (1:00:19).
- Livestream, 1 September 2018 (36:28).
- Livestream, 19 May 2017 (33:57).
- Livestream, 20 January 2018 (38:17).
- Livestream, 8 April 2018 (PM) (51:49).
- Interview, 20 October 2018 (3:47:17).
- Livestream, 16 October 2017 (15:58).
- Interview, 11 May 2018 (1:03:21).
- Podcast, 11 May 2018 (31:35).
- Interview, 11 May 2018 (1:04:27).