- Tax money only goes toward funding node development.
- Taxation rates scale based on when a player joined a node as a citizen. The goal is to exert financial pressure on node populations by making taxes increasingly expensive as nodes advance, rather than putting in place hard population caps.
- This tax doesn't necessarily impact the individual citizen, because citizen's tax levels are determined by their node, but the node's finances are affected by the taxation levied by its parent nodes.
- A player's tax charge will be determined by the number of structures built on their plot.
- Vassal nodes must remain at least one node stage below their parent node.
- Neighboring nodes lower than stage 3 also block the growth of their immediate neighbors. This is intended to be tested in Alpha-1.
- Vassal nodes first apply any experience earned to their own deficit (see Node atrophy). It then applies excess experience earned to its parent node.
- If the parent node advances, the vassal is once again able to advance.
- Vassal nodes give excess experience to their parent node and may have their own vassals; so long as they fall within the parent node’s zone of influence.
- If a node is capped and is both a vassal and has its own vassals, any experience earned from itself or its Vassals is first applied to its own deficit. Experience beyond that is then sent to its parent node.
- Vassals are subject to the government, alliances, wars, taxes, and trade of their parent node, and are able to receive federal aid from them.
- Vassal nodes cannot declare war on their parent node or any of their vassals.
- Citizens of vassals are bound by the diplomatic states of the parent node.
If a Node is a Vassal Node and is capped from advancing further, it first applies any experience earned to its own deficit (see Node Atrophy section), and then applies excess experience earned to its Parent Node. If the Parent Node advances and the Vassal is able to grow, it becomes uncapped. If a Node is capped and is both a Vassal and has its own Vassals, any experience earned from itself or its Vassals is first applied to their own deficit. Any experience beyond that is then sent to its Parent Node. – Margaret Krohn
- Markets in Village level economic nodes have auction houses that allow raw resources and processed goods to be posted.
- Exchanges in Town nodes have expanded auction houses that allow all goods/items to be posted.
- Economic nodes that have reached the metropolis stage unlock the linked economy superpower.
- Up to two economic metropolises may be linked in this manner.
- Metropolis level economic nodes enable worldwide sale prices for auction houses across Verra.
- Items listed in one linked economic node can be bid on from any other linked economic node.
- Linked economies also connect an economic metropolis and its vassal economic nodes.
If a Node is the Vassal Node of an Economic Node, an Auctioneer NPC appears in that Vassal Node. The Auctioneer allows players to list non-resource/processed materials in the Parent Node’s Auction House, but players cannot bid on items from this Auctioneer. These resources and processed materials must be stored within an Economic Node in order to be listed in that Node’s Auction House. In order to bid, they must still travel to the Auction House in the Parent Node.
- A listing fee will be charged to list items in the auction house.
- Vassal nodes of the auction house node will be able to view items that are listed on that auction house, regardless of node type of the vassal node.
- Items listed are also visible in community boards (bulletin boards).
- Integrated auction houses allow players to purchase items directly from remote auction houses.
- Purchases of materials and gatherables will be automatically deposited within the listing node's local warehouse. Players will need to travel to that warehouse to retrieve them. Players wishing to move these items elsewhere will need to utilize the caravan system or other type of transportation.
- Purchases of anything other than materials and gatherables will be mailed to the purchaser.
- A castle's region is 1/5th the game world.
- Castle regions, Economic regions, and Node ZOI (Zones of Influence) can overlap.
- Castle region boundaries are static.
- Castle taxes are carried via NPC generated caravans from the nodes that fall under the castle's purview to one of the castle nodes at the end of each week leading up to a castle siege.
- In addition to taxes, Castles also influence crop yields, resources and events within its region.
- Part of the tax and resources gathered are applied to the castle for improvements.
- The remainder of tax income can be used by the guild for whatever they want.
- When castles change hands (following a siege), some taxes stay with the castle and some stay with the guild.
- Crop rotations.
- Player stalls (Kiosks).
- Mayoral duties.
- Pay taxes.
- Fishing (potentially).
- Parlor games (Tavern games).
- World event notifications.
- Node citizenship notifications.
- Player housing notifications.
- Guild leadership tools such as calendar notifications is a possible feature.
- Specific dates that you can have running as reminders in your guild UI, this will also be something that I would like to be available on the mobile companion app as well. So essentially you can receive notifications via a calendar update on guild events that the leaders or the officers have the ability to pin within the game will also give you notifications on the mobile app as well. That's my intention at least. – Steven Sharif
Some of it may come post-launch... but we do want people to interact with the game on their phones when they're away from the computer; and we're going to do as much as we can to make that cool. – Jeffrey Bard
- Livestream, 12 December 2018 (14:48).
- Livestream, 28 March 2020 (1:03:38).
- Interview, 27 March 2020 (0:30).
- Interview, 11 May 2018 (57:02).
- Blog - Know Your Nodes - The Basics.
- Blog - Know Your Nodes - Advance and Destroy.
- Livestream, 28 March 2020 (1:04:49).
- Ashes of Creation - The visuals.
- Know Your Nodes: Economic Node Type.
- Livestream, 31 July 2020 (1:34:06).
- Livestream, 30 May 2019 (1:26:16).
- Blog: 10 facts about castle sieges in the MMORPG.
- Livestream, 28 August 2020 (1:39:02).
- Livestream, 18 January 2018 (30:18).
- Livestream, 17 November 2017 (11:00).
- Livestream, 4 May 2018 (54:09).
- Livestream, 9 May 2017 (28:57).
- Livestream, 17 November 2017 (9:49).
- Livestream, 17 November 2017 (11:53).
- Podcast, 15 November 2020 (52:50).