Players buy the deeds for housing from the node itself. Players can also buy and sell properties from other players.
- Housing will have a base price that scales with the number of citizens in the node.
- In-node housing will be at a premium, and is expected to be hotly contested.
- The more apartments that have been purchased in a node, the higher the price scales.
- The developers are considering an auction-based method for listing new properties that become available for purchase when a node advances.
- Static housing and apartments can be listed and sold to other players.
- There is no cap on the price of player-originated housing sales.
- Player housing that is destroyed during a node siege can no longer be sold.
- Freeholds may not be sold to other players. This is subject to change based on testing.
There's no cap essentially in player originated sales. Those are determined essentially by supply and demand as it is within the game and there's no artificial barrier to how high that demand can go. – Steven Sharif
- Housing ownership can default back to the node if the owner fails to pay their property taxes. A balance and penalties will be charged to the new purchaser of the home in the manner of a "foreclosure process".
- Players will not be able to exceed their allotment of housing in the game.
This will allow players to transfer real property goods. This includes ... static housing, this includes apartments that they may own; and they can sell those because those will have a limited and finite quantity. – Steven Sharif
Rental and leasing concepts are currently under consideration.
Some concepts that we have is going to be rental or leases that could be had allowing players to kind of lease a property for a period of time where they will have control rights over utilizing storage based on the area, controlling the furniture or access point; all that kind of stuff. – Steven Sharif
Player housing designs and decorations are retained and can be placed again later if the housing is destroyed during a node siege.
- Blueprints are mailed to the player to utilize for future placement.
- Destroyed freeholds are subject to material loss.
- Certificates will track major milestones (such as Furnaces and Homesteads, for example).
- A possible design idea is for items such as furnishings to be boxed in crates that are accessible inside the new home.
- ↑ MMOGames interview, January 2017
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Node series part II – the Metropolis.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Livestream, June 26, 2020 (53:41).
- ↑ Livestream, May 12, 2017 (52:01).
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 5.3 Livestream, May 12, 2017 (55:01).
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 Livestream, June 26, 2020 (47:32).
- ↑ Livestream, June 26, 2020 (54:03).
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 Interview, July 8, 2020 (33:34).
- ↑ Livestream, June 26, 2020 (1:02:12).
- ↑ Livestream, June 26, 2020 (56:08).
- ↑ 11.0 11.1 11.2 11.3 Livestream, May 30, 2019 (1:23:41).
- ↑ 12.0 12.1 Livestream, July 18, 2017 (40:14).
- ↑ 13.0 13.1 Livestream, November 17, 2017 (47:10).
- ↑ 14.0 14.1 Blog - Know Your Nodes - Advance and Destroy.
- ↑ Livestream, June 26, 2020 (1:00:57).