- Emblems can be applied to guild armor that can be purchased from the node.
- Participation in the node's stock market.
- Ability to participate in specific guild-based missions that will progress the guild's leveling and development.
- Allocation of guild points to unlock specific node abilities for guild members.
- Ability to claim an in-node guild hall. These have different perks and benefits to halls placed on freehold plots.
- Villages and lower do not have patron guilds.
- Towns can have up to 1 patron guild.
- Cities can have up to 2 patron guilds.
- Metropolises can have up to 3 patron guilds.
- Gear enhancements.
- Guild halls.
- Guild castles.
- Guild activities.
- Name of guild displayed next to character name.
- Guild tabards.
- Guild mounts.
- Guild coats.
- Guild barding.
- Guild halls may be placed on guild freeholds or within nodes.
- Guild halls are objectives in guild wars.
- A guild hall only houses a single guild.
Guildhalls are the ultimate expression of a guild's power! In Ashes these structures will serve as focal points for a guild, offering any guilds who construct them a whole host of benefits as well as customization options.
- Passive abilities increase certain stats relating to a guild member's ability to perform in combat or in other aspects of the guild, such as the economy.
- Augments may apply at the upper tiers of guild progression.
- Guild members do not need to be citizens of the same node in order to benefit from passive skills and augments.
- Guild size can be traded off for guild progression.
- Guild halls can be unlocked at a certain stage of guild advancement.
As you're leveling up the guild and you're getting these points to either allocate towards expanding the guilds member count or allocate towards adding certain passive abilities that your guild members can gain by being guild members. You're also going to see as you're leveling up the guild through different type of quest-based, participation-based, node-based, organization-based systems and ways that those quests hook into the world. You're also going to see perhaps some augment abilities at the upper tiers of the guild levels become unlocked for certain members that have a classification of officer or knight, will have access to those different types of augment abilities that might get unlocked should you go down the non expansive member lane; and the idea there is to offer these benefits to smaller groups. – Steven Sharif
It's not always going to be combat. You could have an economic focus guild. You could have a trade oriented guild; and there's all sorts of things that you can kind of put together and kind of give your guild its own identity. – Jeffrey Bard
- Guild size can be traded off for guild progression.
- Guild alliances may be a key part in creating a larger "guild".
- Q: What’s the minimum guild size to really have a meaningful impact on the realm?
- A: This is a tough question to answer. Single individuals can have a large impact on the realm without guild support, in the form of mayorships, Artisanship, economic opportunities, etc. We’re also balancing guilds through guild levels, where guilds must choose between size and effectiveness - smaller guilds will have an opportunity to get a leg up through abilities that larger guilds can’t afford to take. At the end of the day, having clear goals and organizational structure will likely matter more than raw numbers. – Sarah Flanagan
There are mechanics that are geared towards larger and smaller guilds.
- Larger guilds can siege fortresses.
- Larger guilds won’t have access to power boosting guild ability slots.
- Small groups can do some things better than larger groups.
- Sieges will have things that smaller groups have an advantage in.
It's important to note that the 300 is the maximum cap that is attained by leveling the guild and selecting the path of size as opposed to the path of guild skills. So the larger you choose to allow for members to join your guild, increasing that member cap, the less focused and honed the available skill options will be from a guild level up perspective for guild members. So the way that kind of works is it plays as a balance/counterbalance to larger guilds versus smaller more honed and focused guilds. It kind of gives them an equitable edge of participation. – Steven Sharif
If you have more objective based combat that revolves around high mobility and agility strong focus, organization I would expect the smaller guild to outperform the larger guild with regards to that. If you're speaking purely a numbers game and they're meeting on the field then I would expect the larger guild to perform in that. The balance comes in our play scenarios. Do we offer solely a field based combat system where you show up with the numbers you have in which case you lean heavily towards zergs or do you implement designs that feature both components of objective based combat that involves organizational rule as opposed to just having that field presence; and we intend to offer both. – Steven Sharif
There are absolutely guilds out there that have a large following and good organizational leadership and can structure their raids well; and I think those will be the most performing in the game obviously; and that's where then guild sizes come to play you know creating the opportunity for division in the game to allow for you know this subterfuge to play a role and politics and stuff like that. But our focus is making a place for smaller guilds to be competitive with larger guilds as well. – Steven Sharif
- An active GM staff will be monitoring user-created content. Users who upload inappropriate content will place their accounts in jeopardy.
I know previously we had spoken about not allowing custom user images in the game, however I think we're leaning more now in the direction of allowing for custom user images. Absolutely well what it will be is the fact that we're a subscription game and if you want to jeopardize your account by doing the wrong thing with regards to custom users [images] then by all means you may do so and we'll have stringent practices in place to prevent that from actually being an issue. – Steven Sharif
With regards to this UCC question, I think when you have an active an active GM team that you know you are you have directed to care take the product you're going to mitigate a lot of that functionality you don't want to see out of this custom image system. People who look to let's say meme the system are going to be met with the type of enforcement that they don't want to have on their account; and being a subscription-based product and being a risk versus reward and maybe a more old-school approach to character development and progression I think they're gonna take a significant risk in doing things that we don't want them to do, which will result in the jeopardy of their account. So I think that is not going to deter a hundred percent of things- I don't think you ever can deter a hundred percent of things unless we go away from custom images- but I think that we can achieve some parity of essentially enforcement versus infraction ratio that's going to be liveable for everybody. – Steven Sharif
- Guild emblems.
- Armor attachments.
- The value of stocks is influenced by world events and the performance of nodes, Social organizations or guilds.
- There is no regulatory commission to restrict the purchase and sale of stocks.
- Podcast, 23 April 2018 (24:47).
- Livestream, 28 February 2020 (1:06:51).
- Livestream, 28 June 2019 (1:27:23).
- Livestream, 5 May 2017 (31:08).
- Interview, 18 July 2020 (14:22).
- Livestream, 22 May 2017 (51:00).
- Interview, 21 April 2019 (45:45).
- Podcast, 18 August 2018 (1:12:34).
- Podcast, 4 August 2018 (1:54:15).
- Livestream, 22 May 2017 (56:48).
- Livestream, 27 September 2018 (55:39).
- Livestream, 19 May 2017 (22:10).
- Interview, 19 July 2020 (36:07).
- Livestream, 26 June 2020 (1:31:53).
- Livestream, 5 May 2017 (23:26).
- Interview, 8 August 2018 (9:36).
- Livestream, 28 June 2019 (1:25:24).
- February 8, 2019 - Questions and Answers.
- Interview, 8 August 2018 (11:52).
- Blog: 10 facts about castle sieges in the MMORPG.
- Livestream, 26 July 2019 (1:05:28).
- Livestream, 17 May 2017 (55:40).
- Interview, 8 July 2020 (48:30).
- Livestream, 31 October 2018 (47:44).
- Interview, 20 October 2018 (3:35:54).
- Livestream, 17 May 2017 (11:27).
- Interview, 20 October 2018 (5:51).