Mules are mounts that assist in the transport of goods, resources, and gatherables to increase a player's carrying capacity. Mules transport goods on a much smaller scale than the caravan system.
- There will be smaller mules.
- Mules can carry roughly 10 times more than backpacks. Caravans can carry roughly 10 times more than mules.
- Caravans will have carrying capacity limits and customizable stats, such as defensive points, speed and number of hired NPC guards.
Items dropped on player death
We don't have deleveling, instead what we have is experience debt. Now the more experience debt you accrue, the greater the detriment to your character; not to the point where you can not get out of the debt. There will always be a way forward to remove your debt. – Steven Sharif
- A non-combatant (green player) who dies suffers normal penalties, which include:
- A combatant (purple player) who dies suffers these same penalties, but at half the rate of a non-combatant.
- A corrupt (red player) suffers penalties at three or four times the rate of a non-combatant, and has a chance to drop any carried/equipped items based on their current corruption score. This includes:
- Death penalties do not differ between PvP and PvE, but this is subject to change.
- Death by drowning is possible.
List of mules
- Ashes of Creation Kickstarter - Mounts, Tigers and Bears!
- Livestream, 18 July 2017 (44:57).
- Livestream, 22 May 2017 (40:41).
- Interview, 6 December 2018 (20:30).
- Livestream, 9 July 2018 (20:41).
- Podcast, 23 April 2018 (49:21).
- Podcast, 5 May 2017 (43:05).
- Livestream, 19 May 2017 (13:37).
- Livestream, 27 September 2018 (47:46).
- Livestream, 17 November 2017 (35:20).
- Interview, 11 May 2018 (15:41).
- Interview, 27 April 2017 (9:28).
- Interview, 11 May 2018 (3:43).
- Livestream, 15 May 2017 (36:23).
- Livestream, 28 July 2017 (50:22).