- Combat pets will not increase a player's power and will require a sacrifice from the player.
- Combat pets will have a horizontal progression, not a vertical one.
- Combat pets will incorporate some of their owner's power in a way that keeps the power progression horizontal.
- Pets, Mounts, Costumes, Armor, Buildings and Accessories sold in the cosmetic store are skins.
- Cosmetic skins are only be able to be applied to things that have already been earned, crafted or found within Ashes of Creation.
- Nothing in the cosmetic store will be pay to win.
- Different variants of store purchased cosmetic creatures may exist in the wild.
We plan to include a shop for micro transactions. The shop will only include cosmetic items. Nothing in our shop will ever be pay to win as we believe this practice greatly hurts the MMORPG genre.
The cosmetic store will offer limited time, limited quantity items to help sustain game development.
- Equitable cosmetics, both from a quantity and quality standpoint, are achievable through in-game means.
I want to incentivize purchase in the cosmetic shop for sustainability of what expansions we have intended, since we are not a box cost. I want to incentivize purchase by offering limited items: limited time, limited quantity, so you have confidence that when you purchase them, they won't be offered later on in some other way. – Steven Sharif
List of pets
- Blog: A Fell Venture.
- Livestream, 18 January 2018 (25:58).
- Livestream, 16 June 2017 (40:45).
- Livestream, 18 January 2018 (33:09).
- Livestream, 28 June 2019 (1:24:27).
- Ashes of Creation cosmetic store.
- Livestream, 6 December 2018 (41:43).
- Livestream, 28 June 2019 (1:25:55).
- Interview, 11 May 2018 (32:36).
- Livestream, 8 April 2018 (PM) (58:29).