- Combat pets will not increase a player's power and will require a sacrifice from the player.
- Combat pets will have a horizontal progression, not a vertical one.
- Combat pets will incorporate some of their owner's power in a way that keeps the power progression horizontal.
- Rare creatures can be captured and tamed to breed animals with specific traits.
- Special mounts such as Dragons are not breedable.
- Mounts that are bred through animal husbandry may be sold at auction.
- Animals have a unique ID that is tied to the husbandry chat (compendium) that takes into account possible combinations between animals. There will be odd combinations, but there will be limits to what is possible.
- Discovery of certain breeding habits and different quests may grant access to slots in the compendium.
Animal husbandry involves a tree of its own that players get to discover via what pairings they choose... That's going to be a pretty fun aspect of creating rare mounts that haven't been seen in the world. – Steven Sharif
- The genetic system will involve trial and error to determine what yields or combinations are possible. This will incorporate an element of RNG.
- This may grant access to specific types of mounts.
- A dominant genetic trait might be discovered with a pairing or there may be a much smaller chance to unlock a specific breed of species.
- These chances are improved based on the player's advancement within the Animal husbandry profession.
Each of these animals have a unique ID. There's going to be essentially this husbandry chart that takes into account potential combinations between animals that you have. So there's gonna be a little bit of obviously trial and error as players begin to explore this genetic system to determine what yields are possible; and those yields are obviously going to have an element of RNG to them as well. So you know you may pick up on a more dominant genetic trait within the pairing, or you may have a much smaller chance to unlock a specific breed of species; and then those chances obviously get augmented by your advancement within the Animal Husbandry profession. So a person who's more experienced in pairing of certain animals, and even the specific types of pairings, will increase their likelihood- their RNG chances of essentially birthing a unique mount; and being able then to sell those on an open auction. They can also be applied as certificates toward the construction of particular caravans as well. – Steven Sharif
There are stages of development within breeding.
- Youngling stage: For mammals this relates to baby animals. For lizards (reptiles) this is an egg stage.
- Changes at the Youngling stage affect the appearance of the animal at adulthood.
- During the Youngling stage there may also be quests for specific types of cosmetic features.
- Abilities from the summon appear on the summoner's hotbar.
- Summoner has control over their summon.
- Summoners will likely not be able to fuse with their summons (eidolons).
- Summons can be leveled through the application of skill points to their active skill.
- Summons will be able to use crowd control (CC).
- Zombies, skeletons and other undead creatures.
- Corpses (potentially).
- Some summoners may summon multiple things.
- Other summoners may only summon one powerful thing.
- Certain summoners may only be able to summon effects and/or temporary energies.
For example: If your summon had a sweeping attack with a claw, or had the ability to bite an opponent, or rush an opponent; and you took teleportation, you could rush them similar to how I've given an example with the tank: Teleporting to a target instead. Or, its claws could combust on impact on a target dealing some burn damage that persists. Or... let's say your summon traditionally was some type of bear or bear cat, you could apply an elemental augment and now it could be a transparent flaming bioluminescent cat; and its damage would be fire based. So, that's how we want to influence the active skills with how augments apply; and that's how it would apply with Summoners. – Steven Sharif
- Class specific appearance.
- Race specific appearance.
- Through in-game items.
- Through cosmetics that will be offered.
- Potentially through a summon creation suite, based on the Animal husbandry system.
The other cool thing about the you know summoner that we want to implement is kind of a summon creation suite where you can customize the appearance potentially based on what you found in the world. Something that's already going to be implemented with the animal husbandry system; and there's no reason why we can't take that technology- that you know system and apply it elsewhere such as with the Summoner. – Steven Sharif
- Equitable cosmetics, both from a quantity and quality standpoint, are achievable through in-game means.
- Nothing in the cosmetic store will be pay to win.
I want to incentivize purchase in the cosmetic shop for sustainability of what expansions we have intended, since we are not a box cost. I want to incentivize purchase by offering limited items: limited time, limited quantity, so you have confidence that when you purchase them, they won't be offered later on in some other way. – Steven Sharif
- Skins are cosmetic items that do not grant the user any benefit.
- Skins are only be able to be applied to things that have already been earned, crafted or found within Ashes of Creation.
- Different variants of store purchased cosmetic creatures may exist in the wild.
- Flavor text relates to the lore and background of creatures and items in the world of Verra.
- Costumes and mounts may also be accessible in Ashes of Creation Apocalypse.
We plan to include a shop for micro transactions. The shop will only include cosmetic items. Nothing in our shop will ever be pay to win as we believe this practice greatly hurts the MMORPG genre.
List of pets
- Blog: A Fell Venture.
- Livestream, 18 January 2018 (25:58).
- Livestream, 16 June 2017 (40:45).
- Blog: Rocky Beginnings
- Livestream, 18 January 2018 (33:09).
- Livestream, 28 June 2019 (1:24:27).
- Livestream, 17 August 2018 (12:27).
- Livestream, 17 May 2017 (1:04:12).
- Livestream, 26 May 2017 (46:43).
- Livestream, 29 May 2020 (43:19).
- Livestream, 8 April 2018 (AM) (12:34).
- Livestream, 9 February 2018 (39:42).
- Podcast, 11 May 2018 (1:02:02).
- Livestream, 22 May 2017 (53:39).
- Livestream, 1 June 2017 (28:42).
- Podcast, 4 August 2018 (1:22:24).
- Livestream, 19 May 2017 (10:06).
- Livestream, 26 May 2017 (43:20).
- Interview, 8 August 2018 (22:27).
- Livestream, 8 April 2018 (AM) (0:58).
- Livestream, 8 April 2018 (PM) (11:27).
- Livestream, 8 April 2018 (PM) (24:11).
- Livestream, 17 May 2017 (1:07:55).
- Livestream, 30 January 2020 (1:26:09).
- Ashes of Creation cosmetic store.
- Livestream, 8 April 2018 (PM) (58:29).
- Rime and Regal
- Livestream, 6 December 2018 (41:43).
- Livestream, 28 June 2019 (1:25:55).
- Interview, 11 May 2018 (32:36).