The rogue is more physical disable oriented: Applying bleeds or snares or having precision damage that's situational. Being stealthy. That's kind of how I view the rogue role... The rogue's like you don't see me, I'm coming in and boom I stab you in the back and I do extra damage because of it. Now you're bleeding and you're trying to snare away and walking away, and that's kind of a rogue in my opinion. – Steven Sharif
- Rogues will have utility skills that enable them to discover hidden doors, traps and additional treasures.
- These will be randomly spawned throughout different times of the day to ensure that encounters are not the same each time.
If you're in a party and you have a Rogue that's available, they'll be able to use that utility skill to discover these random doors that might exist in a dungeon. Now the way we make it so that it's not essentially the same door every time and it's just a first time thing and every time thereafter you know where that door's at, is these locations are randomly spawned throughout different times of the day so they'll change essentially as you go into a dungeon at different times. So it'll be important and relevant for parties to make sure that they have a diversity of archetypes available to them. And in particular for the rogues case because they can find those hidden type doors and then have access to different types of loot tables based off of that. – Steven Sharif
|Skill||Icon||Rank 1||Rank 2||Rank 3|
|Stealth||This does not render a player completely invisible. Instead, there will be indicators that can help players "feel out" where stealthed individuals may be.||-||-|
- There may be quest related actions that involve some form of stealing, but not of actual items from a player's inventory, where the player is identified as the quest's target via a title or some other means.
That kind of emergent gameplay is obviously the objective behind how can we accommodate a non-static quest-line; and the way you do that is you can apply a flag to a title and whoever holds that title becomes the target of that quest segment. And this can change too because that title can change- you know different people might rise up in the ranks of different societies and organizations. – Steven Sharif
- Players are not able to be robbed while occupying their player stall inside the limits of a node.
- Livestream, 17 May 2017 (40:07).
- Archetype breakdown.
- Podcast, 29 September 2021 (28:30).
- Livestream, 25 July 2020 (42:49).
- Livestream, 28 January 2022 (1:12:27).
- Livestream, 3 May 2017 (49:39).
- Interview, 7 February 2021 (16:05).
- Podcast, 5 May 2017 (43:05).
- Interview, 7 February 2021 (19:00).
- Livestream, 16 October 2017 (59:39).
- Interview, 17 October 2020 (53:50).
- Interview, 29 July 2020 (49:53).
- Group dynamics blog.