Jump to navigation Jump to search
Death from afar is the ranger's raison d'etre. A master of the bow and ranged combat, the Ranger is more than happy to let others get their hands dirty. No one else has such a keen eye in natural environments.
|Skill||Icon||Rank 1||Rank 2||Rank 3|
|Air Strike||Leap a great distance forward and into the air while firing three projectiles in a line along the path, each dealing area damage and inflicting snare to targets hit. Enemies already snared will become briefly rooted. The root effect is nature based.|
|Barrage||Fires a continual barrage of arrows at your target for 1.5 seconds, dealing 15% physical damage per arrow.|
|Camouflage||Grants stealth at a distance. At mid and short range the Ranger is revealed.||-||-|
|Headshot||Deals 200% physical damage to target enemy. Deals 50% bonus physical damage if the target is below 50% Health. Cooldown is halved if it connects with a marked target.|
|Imbue Ammo: Barbed||Imbues your ammunition with barbed thorns. Enemies hit by your bow attacks suffer the Bleeding status effect, dealing damage over time. Each application applies 3 seconds of duration to the target, up to a maximum of 30 seconds.|
|Imbue Ammo: Concussive||Imbues your ammunition with concussive force. Enemies hit by your bow attacks suffer ten stacks of the Staggered status effect, increasing Tripped duration when applied and lowering their accuracy and evasion stats per stack.|
|Piercing Shot||Fire a projectile that travels in a straight line, piercing through and damaging all enemies in its path.|
|Quick Shot||Ranged attack that applies a debuff to the target. Each additional quickshot against the same target does increasing damage but consumes one of three charges that regenerate over time.|
|Raining Death||Fires a dense rain of arrows 20 meters ahead, dealing high damage. Deals more damage to more distant targets.|
|Snipe||A powerful charged attack.|
|Vine Field||Summons 3 fields of grabbing vines, one at the target location every .5s for 1.5s. Targets hit are damaged for 10% physical damage and snared for 3s, reducing their movement speed by 40%. Targets that have more than lOs of snare duration are rooted. This effect can only trigger once per target.|
- Hunts will be discussed in a future update. They are a Ranger specific mechanic, and also a school of the Ranger’s augments. They confer a number of different types of effects to your target, but the fx are particularly fun. – Steven Sharif
- Characters performing ranged abilities will switch to the ranged weapon, then can switch back to the melee weapon and shield or two-handed melee weapon.
- There will be a setting to determine if the ranged weapon or main/offhand is the primary weapon to use for Q or left-mouse-button basic attacks.
- Rangers do not have a minimum distance requirement for using their ranged weapons. Previously rangers were intended to have a minimum distance requirement.
List of ranged weapons
2022-10-20 2022-10-02 2022-10-02 2022-10-01 2022-10-01 2022-10-01 2022-09-29 2022-09-29 2022-08-11
- X.com - This Kaelar Ranger is ready to explore Verra!
- Twitter - Better luck next time.
- Archetype breakdown.
- Livestream, May 31, 2023 (1:10:42).
- Video, September 30, 2022 (15:28).
- Video, September 30, 2022 (16:19).
- Video, September 30, 2022 (14:27).
- Podcast, September 29, 2021 (40:50).
- Interview, May 11, 2018 (16:32).
- Livestream, June 30, 2017 (47:14).
- Interview, July 9, 2023 (1:11:29).
- Podcast, September 29, 2021 (23:00).
- Video, September 30, 2022 (0:00).
- Interview, July 29, 2020 (49:53).
- Group dynamics blog.