Ranger is an archetype in Ashes of Creation.
Death from afar is the ranger's raison d'etre. A master of the bow and ranged combat, the Ranger is more than happy to let others get their hands dirty. No one else has such a keen eye in natural environments.
|This section contains information from early testing phases. It will be updated as soon as new information is made available.|
||Leap forward in the direction the character is facing, raining down three projectiles that deal AoE damage and roots enemies in its path. The root effect is nature based.
||Grants stealth at a distance. At mid and short range the Ranger is revealed.
||Retreating shot rolls backward and does damage.
||Increases max range.
||Breaks crowd control.
||A powerful charged attack.
||Increases movement speed. Using an ability ends sprint.
||Increased resistance to disable abilities.
||Clears crowd control when sprint starts and removes silence.
||Use this skill to show nearby tracks, leading to unknown adventures.
|This section will be updated as soon as information is made available by the developers.|
|Some of the following information has not been recently confirmed by the developers and may not be on the current development roadmap.|
A character may equip up to two hand weapons and also wear a ranged weapon on their back.
- Characters performing ranged abilities will switch to the ranged weapon, then can switch back to the melee weapon and shield or two-handed melee weapon.
- There will be a setting to determine if the ranged weapon or main/offhand selection is your primary weapon to use for Q or left-mouse-button basic attacks.
Let's say you use Power shot: You click Power shot, you quickly switch over to the ranged weapon, execute the skill, and you're back to your primary focus, which is the the sword and shield; and then for weapon attacks like your Q or your left mouse button, you would have the option to to set which is your focus, the ranged weapon, or the main offhand selection and you can swap back and forth between that as you want. – Steven Sharif
Rangers are going to have a minimum distance requirement where they are eligible to use their ranged weapons.
While melee characters have a max distance proximity where they're eligible to use their sword and melee weapons, Rangers are going to have a minimum distance requirement. – Steven Sharif
- Q: Will we get any a longer range free aim weapons like we had in APOC, able to snipe players from long distances?
- A: It's probably unlikely that you're going to see in a similar way to what we had in APOC with a long bow or the short bow, that type of distance traveled. I think in APOC we had a 250 meter cut off for the long bows. – Steven Sharif
List of ranged weapons
The Ranger archetype is scheduled for release in Alpha-2.
- This was previously targeted for Alpha-1.
- Ranger kit reveal is tentatively planned for September 2022.
- ↑ Video, September 30, 2022 (10:44).
- ↑ Archetype breakdown.
- ↑ Video, September 30, 2022 (15:28).
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 6.2 Livestream, October 16, 2017 (45:09).
- ↑ Video, September 30, 2022 (14:27).
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 8.2 Livestream, October 16, 2017 (46:22).
- ↑ PAX West 2017 Ranger poster.
- ↑ 10.0 10.1 10.2 10.3 Podcast, September 29, 2021 (40:50).
- ↑ 11.0 11.1 11.2 Interview, May 11, 2018 (16:32).
- ↑ 13.0 13.1 Livestream, June 30, 2017 (47:14).
- ↑ Podcast, September 29, 2021 (46:20).
- ↑ Podcast, September 29, 2021 (43:02).
- ↑ Podcast, September 29, 2021 (23:00).
- ↑ Newsletter, 2018-08-7
- ↑ Interview, July 29, 2020 (49:53).
- ↑ Group dynamics blog.