- Characters performing ranged abilities will switch to the ranged weapon, then can switch back to the melee weapon and shield or two-handed melee weapon.
- The weapon held in the main hand slot determines the active weapon ability.
Do I want my main hand to be my ranged weapon or do I want my main hand to be my melee weapon with regards to skill usage. For example, with the Ranger, if you have a range skill it'll automatically swap regardless of what your main weapon hand is, but for the combat ability for the "Auto Attack" feature it would be your chosen weapon. – Steven Sharif
List of ranged weapons
- Longbow of Miasma
- Potion launchers
- The Drifter
- Wand of Light
|Skill||Icon||Rank 1||Rank 2||Rank 3|
|Bow's combo||Target an enemy and use your bow to strike with two arrows. Dealing damage and powering up your focus with this weapon attack.||Prepares four arrows.||Prepared shot works on all arrow attacks.|
|Flame line||Shoot an arrow that leaves behind a trail of flames.||Arrow explodes upon reaching the end of its distance.||Enemies take burning damage for entering the flames.|
|Fleeting shot||Retreating shot rolls backward and does damage.||Increases max range.||Breaks crowd control.|
|Hail of arrows||If your focus is at 80%, use this skill to summon a template and launch multiple arrows within the template.||Adds movement slow.||Adds damage over time to targets in the area.|
|Impale||Target an enemy and lauch a spear to damage and pull the enemy into melee range. Lasso effect pulls the target to the tank and does damage.||Adds a stun.||Adds damage over time.|
|Knockback shot||Knocks a target back X distance.||Adds damage.||Add knockdown.|
|Marked arrow||Target an enemy to use this skill, causing that enemy to take additional physical damage.||Enemy takes additional magical damage.||Increases the duration of this debuff.|
|Power shot||Use this skill to charge up a shot that fires forward in a line, damaging all enemies it touches.||Chance to cause bleed damage over time.||Splits into a fan of arrows in a cone. Radius increases based on hold duration.|
Items on back and belt
Items attached to a character's back or belt represent items they are in possession of. Players can set the appearance priority for the items they wish to show. Only one item can show at a time, and that is determined by player choice.
The idea is to kind of move away from the mundane kind of application of belts in previous MMOs where they don't really have a lot of character so to speak. But in reality you know as an adventurer you come with a lot of tools and things that you have to use out in the wild in order to achieve what you're trying to achieve. So we wanted to kind of represent that on your character and give you something that can actually be tangible for your character and see there. I think it adds a lot of character and flavor to your identity. – Steven Sharif
- Interview, 11 May 2018 (16:32).
- Livestream, 30 June 2017 (47:14).
- PAX West 2017 Ranger poster.
- Livestream, 16 October 2017 (45:21).
- Livestream, 16 October 2017 (46:52).
- Livestream, 16 October 2017 (45:09).
- Livestream, 16 October 2017 (45:37).
- PAX West 2017 Tank poster.
- Livestream, 16 October 2017 (23:02).
- Livestream, 16 October 2017 (46:43).
- Livestream, 16 October 2017 (44:49).
- Livestream, 16 October 2017 (44:06).
- Livestream, 30 January 2020 (25:39).
- Livestream, 28 July 2017 (24:54).
- Livestream, 30 May 2019 (1:09:13).
- Video, 7 February 2017 (0:22).
- Livestream, 4 June 2018 (19:48).
- Livestream, 30 January 2020 (49:08).