Siege weapons are able to be crafted or purchased from NPCs.
- Siege equipment will require materials, recipes and craftsmanship.
- Part of this endeavor of sieging a player-held location (or non-player-held location) is time to prepare; and that includes gathering and crafting these mega weapons or collecting the resources: Whether it be gold or specific quest items to purchase from NPCs. – Steven Sharif
- There will be ways to repair destructible structures (such as walls and gates) and also repair (or re-craft) siege weapons that were damaged during sieges.
- Anything that you want to bring into existence in the world is going to be built by players: Whether that is Ships, Siege engines, Weapons, Armor, etc. – Jeffrey Bard
List of siege weapons
Summoning siege equipment
Siege weapons and vehicles can be summoned by registered participants of the castle or node siege who have the particular item in their inventory.
A summoning sheet is used to summon siege equipment to the player's position.
- Siege vehicles that can be player driven.
- Hand held weapons.
- Multiple people may need to equip some items of siege equipment for it to function.
Guns and gunpowder
Gunpowder (black powder) weapons will not be present in Ashes of Creation.
- Ships will utilize a larger form of potion launcher in place of canons. These canons will be able to be equipped with different potions that have different effects.
- I previously said there was not going to be gunpowder in Ashes. What there will be is something very similar to gunpowder but has a more arcane nature to it. It's not necessarily going to be explainable through the conventional means of chemistry, metallurgy, and physics and what not, but rather the Essence is the core component of many types of magic, one of which is obviously going to be evocation type magic; and that evocation can have some explosive tendencies. – Steven Sharif
Weaponry such as Potion launchers, Siege weapons and weapons used in Naval combat are based on the arcane arts.
As we said in the past, were not really about that black powder life. Instead it's really going to be focused on the arcane arts: The elements; the use of radiance and darkness; and then those being employed in larger weaponry, such as the type of siege weaponry between ship battles as well as those and sieges. A potion launcher is an example of the arcane energies that can be mastered in order to facilitate these highly destructive alchemical blends that can be created. – Steven Sharif
Non-registered combatants are not permitted on the siege field in castle or node sieges.
- Alpha-1 castle sieges are located in a separate zone that is accessible via a NPC teleporter.
- Castle sieges (in the final game) may or may not be instanced.
- Players may choose to respawn at their HQ as long as they are registered.
- Players could potentially intercept stragglers with the guild war or flagging system en route to the siege field.
Lower level characters will have usefulness in mass combat that does not depend on their level, such as manning siege weapons, helping repair fortifications, bringing proximity-based buffs to key positions, using stealth or scaling walls. These types of things are relevant to the tide of battle and do not require the player to be max-level or have high combat stats.
A siege occurs over several phases.
- Certain siege mechanics may be gated for specific size groups during sieges.
- There will not be a deserter debuff for leaving a siege before it is complete.
- More will be revealed in an upcoming blog entry.
Summoners can collaborate together during sieges to summon larger creatures, such as Golems.
- We do have the concept of siege summons being a thing with multiple summoners being required in order to create that siege summon. In those situations your character becomes the summon. So you don't have an AI that takes over your previous character but instead the recipient of those additional spell effects becomes the actual summon itself. – Steven Sharif
- The target of the group summon becomes the summon itself.
- Previously it was stated that the party-leader becomes the summon.
- A siege summon will have an incremental size based on the number of summoners participating in that summon activity, with a maximum of eight.
- The number of summoners participating in the summon will determine its overall size.
- All summoners must be in the same party and the party leader must be a summoner.
Ashes of Creation Apocalypse siege equipment
Ashes of Creation Apocalypse siege equipment includes ballistas, trebuchets, battering rams and potentially traps and "powder keg" type weapons.
- Siege weapons available to the attacking side include Trebuchets and Battering Rams.
- Siege weapons available to the defending side include Ballistas and Traps.
- Siege weapons are deployable and piloted by players.
With regards to alpha one phase one however in the castle siege system... what will happen is static siege equipment that's placed in the map for the attackers to utilize that will present at focal points of PvP in the match where defenders will know where to target a specific area on the field in order to attack.  – Steven Sharif
2021-05-29 2021-05-29 2019-01-12
- ↑ Video, May 28, 2021 (25:44).
- ↑ Blog: 10 facts about castle sieges in the MMORPG.
- ↑ Video, May 28, 2021 (11:55).
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Livestream, January 18, 2018 (37:05).
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 5.3 5.4 5.5 Interview, August 8, 2018 (20:49).
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 Livestream, May 28, 2021 (1:04:29).
- ↑ Livestream, May 24, 2017 (17:08).
- ↑ Livestream, January 27, 2023 (1:32:33).
- ↑ Ashes of Creation Store: The Gilded Galleon.
- ↑ 10.0 10.1 10.2 Podcast, September 29, 2021 (56:50).
- ↑ 11.0 11.1 11.2 11.3 Podcast, November 15, 2020 (22:22).
- ↑ Livestream, June 16, 2017 (43:01).
- ↑ 13.0 13.1 13.2 13.3 Interview, August 17, 2018 (17:57).
- ↑ Livestream, April 30, 2021 (41:18).
- ↑ 17.0 17.1 17.2 17.3 Podcast, April 11, 2021 (49:40).
- ↑ Blog: Creative Director's Letter, April 14 2021
- ↑ Interview, July 8, 2020 (1:12:51).
- ↑ 23.0 23.1
- ↑ Livestream, May 24, 2017 (37:05).
- ↑ 26.0 26.1 26.2 Livestream, March 31, 2023 (1:22:21).
- ↑ 27.0 27.1 27.2 27.3 27.4 27.5 27.6 Interview, August 17, 2018 (14:59).
- ↑ 28.0 28.1 Livestream, May 19, 2017 (10:06).
- ↑ 29.0 29.1 Livestream, 2018-04-8 (AM) (28:01).
- ↑ Video, July 17, 2019 (0:00).
- ↑ Livestream, January 11, 2019 (35:44).
- ↑ 33.0 33.1 Castle Siege Overview.
- ↑ Livestream, September 1, 2018 (54:06).