There will be counter-stealth mechanics for sure. That's just a natural balancing act of stealth. But additionally with regards to you know secondary classes, one of those aspects is augments represent the secondary class and some of the- one of the most fundamental aspects of a rogue is stealth whether it be actual invisibility or the ability to sneak around in the shadows or something. So you can almost certainly count on the fact that should you go a secondary class of rogue that there will be the ability to influence your action items from your primary class with the stealth modifier. – Steven Sharif
- Rank 1
- This does not render a player completely invisible. Instead, there will be indicators that can help players "feel out" where stealthed individuals may be.
- Rank 2
- Rank 3
- Prone and crouch will likely not be in the game.
- Moving backward will likely not affect block and parry.
I think that that generally we want to tend to be more mobile in our classes. I think that it's a fundamentally old-school philosophy to have a lot of stuck in place type skills. That isn't to say we won't have skills that have mobility restriction on them- that require you to channel or require a casting time where you can't move; but I think it's a blend between the two. It's neither extreme. – Steven Sharif
It'll be something that you can spec around to. Again it's gonna be a risk/reward thing. We put a lot of thought into what skills are overpowered or have kind of this overpowering nature to them and those are the kinds of skills that will generally find that will be like in-place type of skills; where you are now at risk if you are going to cast this spell, but there's a big reward if you do manage to get it off. – Jeffrey Bard
|Skill||Icon||Rank 1||Rank 2||Rank 3|
|Blink||Blinks forward in the direction you are traveling.||Now deals damage to enemies surrounding your departure location.||Reduced cooldown.|
|Jump||Dash with cooldown.||Cooldown is replaced by charges with individual cooldown.||Drops a bear trap at the location the ranger dashed from.|
|Rush||Rush toward a target; and upon reaching the target, deal an amount damage with a chance to knock the target down.||-||-|
|Sprint||Increases movement speed. Using an ability ends sprint.||Increased resistance to disable abilities.||Clears crowd control when sprint starts and removes silence.|
The best was Final Fantasy 11 back in the day where you had scent, you had sight, you had magic. Like there's all sorts of different things that you had to like protect yourself against so that certain mobs couldn't see you; and you could maintain that ability to like kind of sneak past easily... It made those monsters unique and gave them character outside of just how much damage they did to me. – Jeffrey Bard
- Different classes excel at different skills.
- All classes will have maneuverability/traversal utility abilities.
- There will be a grappling hook utility skill or item.
- Classes will have utility abilities, such as detecting traps and other hazards. For example: The Mage's detection spell casts light and reveals magical explosive hazards.
- Certain classes are able to climb/parkour in certain areas.
- Certain classes (such as Rogues) will have stealth abilities.
- Rogues may also have a spyglass utility skill.
We don't just have the approach of your class being reflected in your combat abilities but also there are utility abilities that certain classes have that other classes don't have. – Steven Sharif
|Skill||Icon||Rank 1||Rank 2||Rank 3|
|Family summon||Long duration cast (30 seconds to a minute) with an approximate 30 minute cooldown that slowly summons each of your family members to your location (up to eight members). Players cannot be summoned in the following cases:||-||-|
|Pathfinding||Reveals corrupted player locations on the bounty hunter's map. Activating this ability will flag the bounty hunter for combat only to corrupted players for a period of one hour from the time of activation. The pathfinding ability can be toggled on or off.||The accuracy of the pathfinding skill is determined by a player's progression in the bounty hunter system.||The accuracy of the pathfinding skill is determined by a player's progression in the bounty hunter system.|
|Track||Use this skill to show nearby tracks, leading to unknown adventures.||-||-|
- Livestream, 26 July 2019 (1:08:16).
- Livestream, 3 May 2017 (49:39).
- Livestream, 9 February 2018 (18:45).
- Livestream, 26 February 2021 (27:41).
- Video, 26 February 2021 (6:17).
- Livestream, 30 April 2020 (1:17:13).
- Livestream, 8 May 2017 (43:30).
- Livestream, 26 June 2020 (1:30:40).
- Livestream, 30 July 2021 (31:22).
- Interview, 13 June 2021 (4:12).
- Livestream, 28 May 2021 (1:13:05).
- Video, 23 December 2020 (1:17).
- Livestream, 31 July 2020 (57:33).
- Video, 22 December 2020 (7:35).
- Livestream, 16 October 2017 (45:52).
- Livestream, 16 October 2017 (46:22).
- Livestream, 26 March 2021 (54:26).
- Livestream, 4 June 2018 (29:28).
- Video, 9 May 2017 (0:57).
- Livestream, 25 July 2020 (42:49).
- Livestream, 30 June 2017 (30:34).
- Livestream, 12 May 2017 (33:10).
- Livestream, 12 May 2017 (18:00).
- Livestream, 15 May 2017 (15:10).
- Livestream, 18 January 2018 (34:56).
- Livestream, 28 June 2019 (1:21:46).
- Livestream, 24 May 2017 (57:41).
- Interview, 19 July 2020 (1:20:58).
- Podcast, 26 July 2020 (1:34:47).
- Podcast, 26 July 2020 (1:32:15).
- Interview, 27 April 2017 (9:28).
- Livestream, 24 May 2017 (48:00).
- PAX West 2017 Ranger poster.