- Different classes excel at different skills.
- All classes will have maneuverability/traversal utility abilities.
- There will be a grappling hook utility skill or item.
- Classes will have utility abilities, such as detecting traps and other hazards. For example: The Mage's detection spell casts light and reveals magical explosive hazards.
- Certain classes are able to climb/parkour in certain areas.
- Certain classes (such as Rogues) will have stealth abilities.
- Rogues may also have a spyglass utility skill.
- Certain objects exist in the world (such as ladders and slides) that aid player mobility.
We don't just have the approach of your class being reflected in your combat abilities but also there are utility abilities that certain classes have that other classes don't have. – Steven Sharif
|Skill||Icon||Rank 1||Rank 2||Rank 3|
|Family summon||Long duration cast (30 seconds to a minute) with an approximate 30 minute cooldown that slowly summons each of your family members to your location (up to eight members). Players cannot be summoned in the following cases:||-||-|
|Pathfinding||Reveals corrupted player locations on the bounty hunter's map. Activating this ability will flag the bounty hunter for combat only to corrupted players for a period of one hour from the time of activation. The pathfinding ability can be toggled on or off.||The accuracy of the pathfinding skill is determined by a player's progression in the bounty hunter system.||The accuracy of the pathfinding skill is determined by a player's progression in the bounty hunter system.|
|Stealth||This does not render a player completely invisible. Instead, there will be indicators that can help players "feel out" where stealthed individuals may be.||-||-|
|Track||Use this skill to show nearby tracks, leading to unknown adventures.||-||-|
- Jumping puzzles are present in early Alpha-1 dungeon gameplay footage.
- Jumping were present in the Alpha-0 Dünheim dungeon.
How deeply we take this though is really going to come down to how much fun it actually is, which we’re still in the process of discovering. As long as we can nail some interesting mechanics, and it’s not more frustrating than fun, make sure you bring your torch.
- Video, 9 May 2017 (0:57).
- Livestream, 25 July 2020 (42:49).
- Livestream, 30 June 2017 (30:34).
- Livestream, 12 May 2017 (33:10).
- Livestream, 12 May 2017 (18:00).
- Livestream, 15 May 2017 (15:10).
- Livestream, 18 January 2018 (34:56).
- Livestream, 28 June 2019 (1:21:46).
- Livestream, 29 October 2021 (1:07:11).
- Livestream, 24 May 2017 (57:41).
- Interview, 19 July 2020 (1:20:58).
- Podcast, 26 July 2020 (1:34:47).
- Podcast, 26 July 2020 (1:32:15).
- Interview, 27 April 2017 (9:28).
- Livestream, 24 May 2017 (48:00).
- Livestream, 3 May 2017 (49:39).
- PAX West 2017 Ranger poster.
- Video, 31 May 2020 (26:42).
- Livestream, 28 July 2017 (39:49).
- Livestream, 9 February 2018 (10:42).
- Livestream, 19 May 2017 (38:46).
- Livestream, 28 July 2017 (50:22).
- Video, 7 February 2017 (0:02s).
- Interview: Ashes of Creation on Building Their Virtual World, 13 April 2017.