Alpha-1 testing modes
Battlegrounds is going to be first introduction that starts next month; and then some short time after that we will be introducing the castle siege mode... And after that we are going to be doing our horde mode. – Steven Sharif
Alpha-1 battleground mode
- This is a last man standing PvP combat mode.
- Weapons and armor found in the world have unique skills associated with them. These interact with the terrain from defensive, offensive and utility standpoints.
- Players can build buildings and structures such as watchtowers, defensive pillboxes and arcane structures.
It's going to have a lot of high octane energy and activity. It's going to be very streamable. It's going to be no NDA. There's going to be a lot of different weapons and skills that were going to be testing. Each of the weapons and armor that you can find in the world are going to have unique spells and skills associated with them that interact with the terrain from a defensive standpoint, from a utility standpoint, from an offensive standpoint. It's going to be able for you to build buildings, complete structures, watchtowers and defensive pillboxes type structures: Arcane structures. You're going to have a lot of fun activity there. – Steven Sharif
Why did we go with Battle Royale as the first testable arena mode? And the answer for that is honestly, as we're testing and getting people into matches on our servers and testing the replication among players in a battlefield; and making sure that tech is present and capable for hundreds of players on the battlefield: We wanted to have a game mode that was still fun for players to test in: An environment that was fun to test in. – Steven Sharif
Alpha-1 castle siege mode
- There will be 200 players in a match (100 v 100).
- Takes place in and around a large destructible castle.
- There will be objectives within the castle, such as killing guard captains.
- Class kits come into play during the testing of Alpha-1 castle sieges.
Alpha-1 horde mode
- Each wave is more difficult than the last.
- Between waves, players collect experience, money and weapons to take back to their hold to defend against the next wave.
- Monster coins enable players to join the game as part of the horde.
Horde mode will absolutely include boss mechanics, so some of the ideas behind that is going to have a wave mode of a variety of NPCs will likely include some achievable cosmetics as well in that mode depending on how far you can get and those cosmetics will include pets of the NPCs that you face, so like a little miniature version of the NPC's and we'll update those as well, that you'll have in the MMO. – Steven Sharif
- Testing the blackboard for the AI.
- NPCs with different different adaptive AI focuses:
It's a way that we thought it would be kind of fun to implement AI mechanics that we're looking to implement. Testing the you know the blackboard for the AI. Being able to have variable types of NPCs that have roles whether it be like a sniper, ranged, melee, boss, heroic you know kind of different AI focuses for those monsters during interesting situations. – Steven Sharif
- The party size is eight (8) players for a single group.
- Raids will have 40 man groups.
- Arenas will have 1 man, 3 man, 5 man and possibly 20 man Free-For-All (Deathmatch) group sizes.
- Mechanics exist within larger conflicts for small groups and even solo players to impact the battle.
- This includes systems that will likely focus on single group sized participants while the larger battle is occurring.
Alpha-1 group sizes
- Alpha-1 battlegrounds will have party sizes of up to 5.
- Guild mode will have parties of raids of up to 20.
- Alpha-1 castle sieges will have parties of 5 within a raid, with 5 raids for each of the two teams.
- Horde mode will have a party size of 5 with a total of ten groups, making for 50 players.
- Rewards for arena ladders will be revealed at a later time.
- Titles can be received from arena play.
- Arena points that can be used to buy gear are not currently in the design.
- Number of successful siege defenses.
- Number of successful siege assaults.
- Number of PvP kills.
- Raid participation points.
- Number of firsts.
Visibility of those types of things on the server help to promote a competitive atmosphere. If there is an attainable impression that you can work towards, so that others know your success, you have more drive to succeed. – Steven Sharif
Military node arena
Server vs server
- There may be monthly competitions where the winning server and winning team receive beneficial buffs for the month.
When you're talking about Arena play especially, one server might not be able to support that depending on what's going on with it, but across all the servers then we've got a really great pool for matchmaking. – Jeffrey Bard
- Livestream, 23 August 2017 (16:44).
- Livestream, 5 May 2017 (16:53).
- Interview, 24 August 2018 (13:17).
- Livestream, 17 August 2018 (30:29).
- Livestream, 27 September 2018 (8:17).
- Livestream, 27 September 2018 (28:22).
- Livestream, 27 September 2018 (27:04).
- Livestream, 1 September 2018 (56:11).
- Livestream, 27 September 2018 (11:03).
- Video, 1 September 2018 (0:01).
- Livestream, 1 September 2018 (54:06).
- Interview, 17 August 2018 (8:16).
- Interview, 8 August 2018 (4:00).
- Group dynamics blog.
- Livestream, 9 May 2017 (34:38).
- Livestream, 26 May 2017 (48:12).
- Livestream, 8 May 2017 (28:48).
- Interview, 17 August 2018 (18:53).
- Podcast, 11 May 2018 (52:20).
- Podcast, 4 August 2018 (1:47:21).
- Livestream, 18 July 2017 (58:50).
- Livestream, 15 May 2017 (44:10).
- Livestream, 26 May 2017 (29:13).
- Livestream, 8 April 2018 (PM) (36:21).
- Livestream, 26 May 2017 (29:05).
- Livestream, 8 April 2018 (PM) (39:48).