- 1 Ashes of Creation Apocalypse
- 2 Group sizes
- 3 Arena ladder
- 4 Metrics
- 5 Military node arena
- 6 Server vs server
- 7 Esports
- 8 Artwork
- 9 See also
- 10 References
Ashes of Creation Apocalypse
- Ashes of Creation Apocalypse is a matchmaking-based arena style testing phase with three primary game modes.
- 6.25 km2 map size.
- Possibly a revised Weapon use ability system.
- Ashes of Creation Apocalypse testing modes will be implemented side-by-side with Ashes of Creation.
- Use the Character creator to create and save characters for use in the full game.
- Establish Player housing and save Furniture arrangements for use in the full game.
- Alpha-1 testers will test each arena mode for a month before that mode is granted to all registered users.
- This mode will continue during development and post launch.
In Apocalypse, you land in a world on the brink of destruction. The only way out is to be the last one standing. It is an arena based game which will support a number of different game modes, including battle royale-style gameplay, castle sieges, and gigantic monster hordes! Not only is Ashes of Creation: Apocalypse an exciting standalone experience, but we're also using it to help test new tech and features for Ashes of Creation - the more you play, the closer we'll get to the final launch of our MMO. Not only that, but any rewards you earn in Apocalypse will carry over to the MMO as well! Our high fantasy setting, the vast array of gear and spells, and our massively destructible environments make for an experience unlike anything you’ve played. Hop in, stay alive, and win the glory.
Ashes of Creation Apocalypse battle royale
- This is a last man standing PvP combat mode.
- Weapons and armor found in the world have unique skills associated with them. These interact with the terrain from defensive, offensive and utility standpoints.
- Players can build buildings and structures such as watchtowers, defensive pillboxes and arcane structures.
- Everything in the world apart from rocks and trees is destructible.
It's going to have a lot of high octane energy and activity. It's going to be very streamable. It's going to be no NDA. There's going to be a lot of different weapons and skills that were going to be testing. Each of the weapons and armor that you can find in the world are going to have unique spells and skills associated with them that interact with the terrain from a defensive standpoint, from a utility standpoint, from an offensive standpoint. It's going to be able for you to build buildings, complete structures, watchtowers and defensive pillboxes type structures: Arcane structures. You're going to have a lot of fun activity there. – Steven Sharif
Why did we go with Battle Royale as the first testable arena mode? And the answer for that is honestly, as we're testing and getting people into matches on our servers and testing the replication among players in a battlefield; and making sure that tech is present and capable for hundreds of players on the battlefield: We wanted to have a game mode that was still fun for players to test in: An environment that was fun to test in. – Steven Sharif
Ashes of Creation Apocalypse castle sieges
- Takes place in and around large destructible castles.
- Matches are expected to last thirty to thirty-five minutes. This duration can be modified by control points captured during the match.
- There will be 200 players in a match (100 v 100).
- Class kits come into play during the testing of Ashes of Creation Apocalypse castle sieges.
- The ability to host a session and challenge an opponent or guild may be present post-launch of castle siege mode.
The Castle Siege mode is another example of a playable slice of the MMORPG that Apocalypse is providing early testing for. While it’s a somewhat smaller scale experience than the one you’ll have in the MMO, the overall flow of taking and defending a castle will remain similar. There’s some additional systems you’ll see in the final product, like the influence of Nodes over the available defensive emplacements, the crafting and deploying of custom siege weapons, and the summoning of siege monsters. These are all things that we’ll be adding on top of this mode upon our release of Ashes of Creation. – Margaret Krohn
Ashes of Creation Apocalypse horde mode
- Each wave is more difficult than the last.
- Between waves, players collect experience, money and weapons to take back to their hold to defend against the next wave.
- Monster coins enable players to join the game as part of the horde.
Horde mode will absolutely include boss mechanics, so some of the ideas behind that is going to have a wave mode of a variety of NPCs will likely include some achievable cosmetics as well in that mode depending on how far you can get and those cosmetics will include pets of the NPCs that you face, so like a little miniature version of the NPC's and we'll update those as well, that you'll have in the MMO. – Steven Sharif
- Testing the blackboard for the AI.
- NPCs with different adaptive AI focuses:
It's a way that we thought it would be kind of fun to implement AI mechanics that we're looking to implement. Testing the you know the blackboard for the AI. Being able to have variable types of NPCs that have roles whether it be like a sniper, ranged, melee, boss, heroic you know kind of different AI focuses for those monsters during interesting situations. – Steven Sharif
- The party size is eight (8) players for a single group.
- Raids will have 40 man groups.
- Content will be tailored for 40, 16 and 8 person group sizes.
- Arenas will have 1 man, 3 man, 5 man and possibly 20 man Free-For-All (Deathmatch) group sizes.
- Mechanics exist within larger conflicts for small groups and even solo players to impact the battle.
- This includes systems that will likely focus on single group sized participants while the larger battle is occurring.
Ashes of Creation Apocalypse group sizes
- Ashes of Creation Apocalypse battle royale will have party sizes of up to 5.
- Guild mode will have parties of raids of up to 20.
- Ashes of Creation Apocalypse castle sieges will have parties of 5 within a raid, with 5 raids for each of the two teams.
- Ashes of Creation Apocalypse horde mode will have a party size of 5 with a total of ten groups, making for 50 players.
- Rewards for arena ladders will be revealed at a later time.
- Titles can be received from arena play.
- Arena points that can be used to buy gear are not currently in the design.
- Number of successful siege defenses.
- Number of successful siege assaults.
- Number of PvP kills.
- Raid participation points.
- Number of firsts.
Visibility of those types of things on the server help to promote a competitive atmosphere. If there is an attainable impression that you can work towards, so that others know your success, you have more drive to succeed. – Steven Sharif
Military node arena
Server vs server
- There may be monthly competitions where the winning server and winning team receive beneficial buffs for the month.
When you're talking about Arena play especially, one server might not be able to support that depending on what's going on with it, but across all the servers then we've got a really great pool for matchmaking. – Jeffrey Bard
- Livestream, 23 August 2017 (16:44).
- Livestream, 5 May 2017 (16:53).
- 2018-12-08 Newsletter.
- Livestream, 31 October 2018 (35:00).
- Podcast, 4 August 2018 (1:07:59).
- Interview, 24 August 2018 (13:17).
- Livestream, 17 August 2018 (30:29).
- Livestream, 27 September 2018 (9:08).
- Podcast, 11 May 2018 (57:42).
- Livestream, 1 September 2018 (1:05:10).
- Livestream, 31 October 2018 (38:47).
- Ashes of Creation Apocalypse registration.
- Livestream, 27 September 2018 (28:22).
- Livestream, 31 October 2018 (40:44).
- Livestream, 27 September 2018 (27:04).
- Livestream, 1 September 2018 (56:11).
- Interview, 20 October 2018 (3:19:04).
- Livestream, 27 September 2018 (11:03).
- Video, 6 December 2018 (0:00).
- Video, 1 September 2018 (0:01).
- Livestream, 1 September 2018 (54:06).
- Castle Siege Overview.
- Interview, 17 August 2018 (8:16).
- Interview, 6 December 2018 (38:10).
- Interview, 8 August 2018 (4:00).
- Group dynamics blog.
- Livestream, 9 May 2017 (34:38).
- February 8, 2019 - Questions and Answers.
- Livestream, 26 May 2017 (48:12).
- Livestream, 8 May 2017 (28:48).
- Interview, 17 August 2018 (18:53).
- Podcast, 11 May 2018 (52:20).
- Podcast, 4 August 2018 (1:47:21).
- Livestream, 18 July 2017 (58:50).
- Livestream, 15 May 2017 (44:10).
- Livestream, 26 May 2017 (29:13).
- Livestream, 8 April 2018 (PM) (36:21).
- Livestream, 26 May 2017 (29:05).
- Livestream, 8 April 2018 (PM) (39:48).