|Pre‑alpha||Alpha-0.||December 15, 2017.|
|APOC||Ashes of Creation Apocalypse arena stress test (NDA).||September 7, 2018.|
|Ashes of Creation Apocalypse battle royale (NDA lifted).||October 19, 2018.|
|Ashes of Creation Apocalypse open beta.||December 18, 2018.|
|Ashes of Creation Apocalypse early access.||September 24, 2019.|
|Ashes of Creation Apocalypse castle siege mode.||To be announced.|
|Ashes of Creation Apocalypse horde mode.||To be announced.|
|Alpha||Alpha-1.||To be announced.|
|Alpha-2 (persistent alpha).||-|
|Beta||Betas won through the weekly drawings ("Beta-0").||After Alphas, but before Betas.|
|Pre‑release||Head start for crowdfunding backers at the Founder level and above.||1-2 days before launch.|
|Release||Launch (live) release.||To be announced.|
|Post‑launch||Major releases (DLC expansions).||Quarterly.|
Quarter two is no longer going to be the proposed date for alpha one delivery. The delay will not be in a number of years it'll be in a number of months. However we are not going to- we give this commitment going forward to the community that when we give you a date we are going to be confident 100% that we can hit that date, which means that those core systems will need to be complete and stood up in a QA format or setting to where we are confident that that date's going to be deliverable. – Steven Sharif
- Alpha-0 and "Beta-0" are the invite-only "raffle" alpha and beta test phases.
- Alpha-1, Alpha-2, Beta-1, and Beta-2 were available for purchase during the Kickstarter and Summer crowdfunding campaigns.
- Alpha-1 was available in the Intrepid pre-order pack from the cosmetic store.
- Alpha-2 and Beta-2 were available during PAX West 2017.
- Alpha-2, Beta-1, and Beta-2 are currently available in Pre-order packs on the cosmetic store.
Ashes of Creation
Ashes of Creation is a unique take on the MMO experience. Our world structure is dynamic and built to react to the actions of our players. Cities will rise and fall, their populations based on the history of the world as the players create it. Quests will unlock as these populations gather, their needs grow, and secrets are unlocked. As the world’s NPC structure is established in real time, players will have the ability to destroy what they’ve created, paving the way for new development, new populations, and real change. Political strife and intrigue will play a very real role in the structure of your world. Gone are the days of static worlds, change is here to stay.
- Progression to level 20.
- 4 playable races.
- Character creator.
- 8 base archetypes.
- Portions of player housing.
- Portions of crafting/artisan classes.
- Nodes will be fully featured.
- 120 km2 of world map.
- This is 25% of the total world space.
- Social organizations.
- Name reservations.
- Merchant systems.
- Player trading.
- Two to three servers.
- 1,500 concurrent server population.
- Tulnar race.
- Secondary classes.
- Emblem, logo and symbol editor (tentatively).
The game should be pretty much done (at beta stage) and final polish and stuff like that being put in. We don't want people to get totally burnt out on the game before we actually release. So once we get to the beta phases it should be short and sweet. – Jeffrey Bard
The point of head start is twofold: One for testing, making sure that the live launch servers pre-wipe are good; and then Two, it's a way to stagger the population move into the game. Because if you have servers with 10,000 concurrent player capability and you have everyone logging in at the exact same time, that is a problem I've never seen an MMO tackle successfully, ever. – Steven Sharif
- During the head start, the node system will be deactivated.
- Head start specific servers are also planned.
- It will not be possible to secure player housing during the headstart period due to the deactivation of the node system.
Stress testers may discuss their experience. However visuals, including streams, video recording and screenshots for the stress test are under NDA. Unlike other studios, our community quite literally is first in, to Verra. And the stress test might be messy... Only visuals are under NDA. – Steven Sharif
Ashes of Creation Apocalypse
- Ashes of Creation Apocalypse is a matchmaking-based arena style testing phase with three primary game modes.
- 6.25 km2 map size.
- Possibly a revised Weapon use ability system.
- Ashes of Creation Apocalypse testing modes will be implemented side-by-side with Ashes of Creation.
- Use the Character creator to create and save characters for use in the full game.
- Establish Player housing and save Furniture arrangements for use in the full game.
- Alpha-1 testers will test each arena mode for a month before that mode is granted to all registered users.
- This mode will continue during development and post launch.
Steam really provides a great platform that reaches a lot of different users all of which you know exists in different demographics and interests; and it makes sense from a matchmaking game standpoint for a game like APOC to really funnel as many players as possible, because it gives us the most amount of data. It allows us to kickoff matches very regularly and it also introduces people who might not normally be introduced this early on to what Ashes of Creation is as a IP. As a MMORPG development it gives us access to those people. So that was really kind of what led us to you know change our minds with regards to our approach to steam with Apocalypse. With regards to the MMORPG, there are currently still no plans for the MMORPG to be on steam. – Steven Sharif
- First team members were hired in December 2015.
- Ashes of Creation development began in February 2016.
- Official website was launched and project announced, December 10, 2016.
- Official discord was launched, January 18, 2017.
- Kickstarter crowdfunding campaign launched with $750,000 funding goal, May 2, 2017.
- Kickstarter crowdfunding campaign completed with 19,576 backers raising $3,271,809, June 3, 2017.
- Summer crowdfunding campaign launched, June 21, 2017.
- Summer crowdfunding campaign completed with 2,485 backers, July 22, 2017.
- Raised $16,500 for Extra Life children's hospitals, November 4, 2017.
- PAX West 2017, September 1-4, 2017.
- Alpha-0 released on schedule, December 15, 2017.
- Game Developers Conference (GDC) 2018, March 19-23, 2018.
- PAX East 2018, April 5-8, 2018.
- Last day for purchases of Alpha-1 through Intrepid pre-order packs, August 15, 2018.
- At Gamescom with My.com, August 20, 2018.
- 100 developers working on Ashes of Creation, August 27, 2018.
- PAX West 2018 panel, September 1, 2018.
- Ashes of Creation Apocalypse battle royale (previously called Alpha-1 phase 1 battlegrounds), October 19, 2018.
- Raised $20,518 for Rady Children's hospital with Extra Life, November 4, 2018.
- Kickstarter's most funded MMORPG.
- Kickstarter's #7 most funded video game.
- Most anticipated MMO – MMORPG.com's Best of 2017 Awards.
- Most anticipated early access hands-on MMORPG – MMOs World.
- Gamescom 2018: Best Independent game.
- Gamescom 2018: Best Online game.
- Blog: Creative Director's Letter.
- Livestream, 18 January 2018 (2:48).
- Livestream, 1 September 2018 (54:06).
- Press release - Ashes of Creation Apocalypse Launches December 18.
- [Blog: Ashes of Creation Apocalypse heads into early access Blog: Ashes of Creation Apocalypse heads into early access.]
- Livestream, 8 March 2019 (1:02:45).
- Livestream, 4 May 2018 (47:57).
- Blog: Creative Director's Letter.
- Livestream, 8 March 2019 (38:30).
- Livestream, 18 January 2018 (25:22).
- Livestream, 8 March 2019 (57:26).
- Livestream, 8 May 2017 (11:14).
- Kickstarter packages.
- MMOGAMES Interview, 8 September 2017.
- Intrepid pre-order pack.
- PAX West 2017 Alpha package.
- PAX West 2017 Beta package.
- Ashes of Creation cosmetic store.
- A reactive world - Nodes.
- Ashes of Creation MMO.
- Video, 20 August 2019 (0:0).
- Livestream, 31 October 2018 (22:46).
- Livestream, 31 October 2018 (24:37).
- Video, 5 April 2018 (1:01:40).
- Livestream, 26 July 2019 (1:10:44).
- Livestream, 1 September 2018 (1:02:99).
- Interview, 8 August 2018 (18:55).
- Interview, 8 August 2018 (19:02).
- Livestream, 8 April 2018 (AM) (2:17).
- Livestream, 27 September 2018 (54:02).
- Interview, 20 October 2018 (0:00).
- Interview, 20 October 2018 (12:38).
- Livestream, 31 October 2018 (47:44).
- Livestream, 31 October 2018 (57:22).
- Livestream, 8 April 2018 (AM) (6:39).
- Podcast, 4 August 2018 (2:00:05).
- Interview, 8 August 2018 (25:53).
- Livestream, 18 January 2018 (49:26).
- Interview, 24 August 2018 (12:18).
- Livestream, 17 November 2017 (28:50).
- Ashes of Creation Apocalypse Open Beta on Steam.
- Ashes of Creation Apocalypse registration.
- 2018-12-08 Newsletter.
- Livestream, 31 October 2018 (35:00).
- Podcast, 4 August 2018 (1:07:59).
- Interview, 24 August 2018 (13:17).
- Livestream, 17 August 2018 (30:29).
- Livestream, 27 September 2018 (9:08).
- Podcast, 11 May 2018 (57:42).
- Livestream, 1 September 2018 (1:05:10).
- Livestream, 31 October 2018 (38:47).
- Blog: Steam Announce And Play Test FAQ For Ashes of Creation Apocalypse
- Interview, 18 August 2019 (8:23).
- MASSIVELY OP interview: Ashes of Creation on a new way to MMO.
- Ashes of Creation Kickstarter campaign
- Ashes of Creation Kickstarter.
- Intrepid Studios Dev Team.
- PAX West 2017 Schedule.
- PAX West 2017 Map.
- Ashes of Creation Gamescom 2018 Interview: Responding to Criticism.
- Intrepid Studios Extra Life 2018 (@MediaAoC).
- MMORPG.com's Best of 2017 Awards.
- Most Anticipated MMORPGs For 2018.
- DualShockers’ Gamescom 2018 Awards