|Pre‑alpha||Alpha-0.||December 15, 2017.|
|APOC||Ashes of Creation Apocalypse arena stress test (NDA).||September 7, 2018.|
|Ashes of Creation Apocalypse battle royale (NDA lifted).||October 19, 2018.|
|Ashes of Creation Apocalypse open beta.||December 18, 2018.|
|Ashes of Creation Apocalypse castle siege mode.||To be announced.|
|Ashes of Creation Apocalypse horde mode.||To be announced.|
|Alpha||Alpha-1.||To be announced.|
|Alpha-2 (persistent alpha).||-|
|Beta||Betas won through the weekly drawings ("Beta-0").||After Alphas, but before Betas.|
|Pre‑release||Head start for crowdfunding backers at the Founder level and above.||1-2 days before launch.|
|Release||Launch (live) release.||To be announced.|
|Post‑launch||Major releases (DLC expansions).||Quarterly.|
Quarter two is no longer going to be the proposed date for alpha one delivery. The delay will not be in a number of years it'll be in a number of months. However we are not going to- we give this commitment going forward to the community that when we give you a date we are going to be confident 100% that we can hit that date, which means that those core systems will need to be complete and stood up in a QA format or setting to where we are confident that that date's going to be deliverable. – Steven Sharif
- 1 Early access
- 2 Ashes of Creation Apocalypse
- 3 Alpha-1
- 4 Alpha-2
- 5 Beta testing
- 6 Head start
- 7 NDA
- 8 Participation
- 9 Server wipes
- 10 Milestones
- 11 Accomplishments
- 12 See also
- 13 References
- Alpha-0 and "Beta-0" are the invite-only "raffle" alpha and beta test phases.
- Alpha-1, Alpha-2, Beta-1, and Beta-2 were available for purchase during the Kickstarter and Summer crowdfunding campaigns.
- Alpha-1 was available in the Intrepid pre-order pack from the cosmetic store.
- Alpha-2 and Beta-2 were available during PAX West 2017.
- Alpha-2, Beta-1, and Beta-2 are currently available in Pre-order packs on the cosmetic store.
Ashes of Creation Apocalypse
- Ashes of Creation Apocalypse is a matchmaking-based arena style testing phase with three primary game modes.
- 6.25 km2 map size.
- Possibly a revised Weapon use ability system.
- Ashes of Creation Apocalypse testing modes will be implemented side-by-side with Ashes of Creation.
- Use the Character creator to create and save characters for use in the full game.
- Establish Player housing and save Furniture arrangements for use in the full game.
- Alpha-1 testers will test each arena mode for a month before that mode is granted to all registered users.
- This mode will continue during development and post launch.
In Apocalypse, you land in a world on the brink of destruction. The only way out is to be the last one standing. It is an arena based game which will support a number of different game modes, including battle royale-style gameplay, castle sieges, and gigantic monster hordes! Not only is Ashes of Creation: Apocalypse an exciting standalone experience, but we're also using it to help test new tech and features for Ashes of Creation - the more you play, the closer we'll get to the final launch of our MMO. Not only that, but any rewards you earn in Apocalypse will carry over to the MMO as well! Our high fantasy setting, the vast array of gear and spells, and our massively destructible environments make for an experience unlike anything you’ve played. Hop in, stay alive, and win the glory.
Ashes of Creation Apocalypse testing
Testing of Ashes of Creation Apocalypse arena (battlegrounds/BR mode) will proceed as follows.
- Alpha-1 testers only.
- Alpha-2 testers will be invited starting 19 October 2018 at 6:30PM (PDT).
- Alpha-0, Beta-1 and Beta-2 testers will be invited in the following weeks.
- Finally, testing will be opened to all registered users.
Glorious Ashes Community, we are expanding our testing group this weekend to include all Alpha 2 backers. We will also be lifting the NDA for the Phase 1 Arena testing going forward. Testing tonight will be starting at around 6:30pm and will be running till Sunday evening. With intermittent maintenances during the tests. We are happy to announce the testing is going very well and we are collecting a lot of useful data. In the weeks moving forward we will begin to announce invites to all beta backers and all A0 testers, before eventually inviting all registered users. – Steven Sharif
- Alpha-1 testers will test for the first month.
- Alpha-2 testers will be invited following that.
- All other backers will be invited afterwards.
- Finally, testing will be opened to all registered users.
A2 will be invited for the br mode, then we will invite all backers, then all registered users. When the castle siege mode is implemented a1 will test alone for the first month, then we will follow the same invite schedule as the br. Same for horde. – Steven Sharif
Ashes of Creation Apocalypse releases
- 24/7 hour testing of Ashes of Creation Apocalypse is scheduled to start between mid November and mid to late December 2018.
- This mode will not be in the full Ashes of Creation MMORPG.
- It may be implemented as a side mode dependent on feedback from testers.
You'll be able to share everything you earn there in the MMORPG when it launches; and the arena system will persist post-launch as well. So this will be an all-action based arena that exists side-by-side with Ashes of Creation as a mode that players will get to plan and earn unique cosmetics in. – Steven Sharif
Alpha 1 testers will test each arena mode a full month before that mode is granted to registered users. This phase is a bonus phase of development and we will run the arena during development and post launch as a matchmaking mode of Ashes. – Steven Sharif
- Q: There are a lot of concerns about deadlines and expectations not being met when it comes to times that are continually pushed back. Will this be resolved?
- A: We are in active development, and understanding that for the betterment of our game, we may sometimes have to delay previously provided times and dates in order to make sure that you, as the player, have the best experience. That being said, we strive to meet our windows of time that we provide and will be transparent if these times change. – Margaret Krohn
- Progression to level 20.
- 4 playable races.
- Character creator.
- 8 base archetypes.
- Portions of player housing.
- Portions of crafting/artisan classes.
- Nodes will be fully featured.
- 120 km2 of world map.
- This is 25% of the total world space.
- Social organizations.
- Name reservations.
- Merchant systems.
- Player trading.
- Two to three servers.
- 1,500 concurrent server population.
- Tulnar race.
- Secondary classes.
- Emblem, logo and symbol editor (tentatively).
The game should be pretty much done (at beta stage) and final polish and stuff like that being put in. We don't want people to get totally burnt out on the game before we actually release. So once we get to the beta phases it should be short and sweet. – Jeffrey Bard
The point of head start is twofold: One for testing, making sure that the live launch servers pre-wipe are good; and then Two, it's a way to stagger the population move into the game. Because if you have servers with 10,000 concurrent player capability and you have everyone logging in at the exact same time, that is a problem I've never seen an MMO tackle successfully, ever. – Steven Sharif
- During the head start, the node system will be deactivated.
- Head start specific servers are also planned.
- It will not be possible to secure player housing during the headstart period due to the deactivation of the node system.
- The Alpha-0 NDA restricts the sharing of visual elements from Alpha-0 testing.
- Alpha-1, Alpha-2, Beta-1, Beta-2 are not covered by NDA.
Stress testers may discuss their experience. However visuals, including streams, video recording and screenshots for the stress test are under NDA. Unlike other studios, our community quite literally is first in, to Verra. And the stress test might be messy... Only visuals are under NDA. – Steven Sharif
- First team members were hired in December 2015.
- Ashes of Creation development began in February 2016.
- Official website was launched and project announced, December 10, 2016.
- Official discord was launched, January 18, 2017.
- Kickstarter crowdfunding campaign launched with $750,000 funding goal, May 2, 2017.
- Kickstarter crowdfunding campaign completed with 19,576 backers raising $3,271,809, June 3, 2017.
- Summer crowdfunding campaign launched, June 21, 2017.
- Summer crowdfunding campaign completed with 2,485 backers, July 22, 2017.
- Raised $16,500 for Extra Life children's hospitals, November 4, 2017.
- PAX West 2017, September 1-4, 2017.
- Alpha-0 released on schedule, December 15, 2017.
- Game Developers Conference (GDC) 2018, March 19-23, 2018.
- PAX East 2018, April 5-8, 2018.
- Last day for purchases of Alpha-1 through Intrepid pre-order packs, August 15, 2018.
- At Gamescom with My.com, August 20, 2018.
- 100 developers working on Ashes of Creation, August 27, 2018.
- PAX West 2018 panel, September 1, 2018.
- Ashes of Creation Apocalypse battle royale (previously called Alpha-1 phase 1 battlegrounds), October 19, 2018.
- Raised $20,518 for Rady Children's hospital with Extra Life, November 4, 2018.
- Kickstarter's most funded MMORPG.
- Kickstarter's #7 most funded video game.
- Most anticipated MMO – MMORPG.com's Best of 2017 Awards.
- Most anticipated early access hands-on MMORPG – MMOs World.
- Gamescom 2018: Best Independent game.
- Gamescom 2018: Best Online game.
- Blog: Creative Director's Letter.
- Livestream, 18 January 2018 (2:48).
- Livestream, 1 September 2018 (54:06).
- Press release - Ashes of Creation Apocalypse Launches December 18.
- Livestream, 8 March 2019 (1:02:45).
- Livestream, 4 May 2018 (47:57).
- Livestream, 8 March 2019 (38:30).
- Livestream, 18 January 2018 (25:22).
- Livestream, 8 March 2019 (57:26).
- Livestream, 8 May 2017 (11:14).
- Kickstarter packages.
- MMOGAMES Interview, 8 September 2017.
- Intrepid pre-order pack.
- PAX West 2017 Alpha package.
- PAX West 2017 Beta package.
- Ashes of Creation cosmetic store.
- 2018-12-08 Newsletter.
- Livestream, 31 October 2018 (35:00).
- Podcast, 4 August 2018 (1:07:59).
- Interview, 24 August 2018 (13:17).
- Livestream, 17 August 2018 (30:29).
- Livestream, 27 September 2018 (9:08).
- Podcast, 11 May 2018 (57:42).
- Livestream, 1 September 2018 (1:05:10).
- Livestream, 31 October 2018 (38:47).
- Ashes of Creation Apocalypse registration.
- Livestream, 27 September 2018 (9:50).
- Livestream, 31 October 2018 (41:17).
- Interview, 20 October 2018 (2:29:14).
- Reddit Q&A, 8 January 2019.
- Livestream, 31 October 2018 (22:46).
- Livestream, 31 October 2018 (24:37).
- Video, 5 April 2018 (1:01:40).
- Livestream, 1 September 2018 (1:02:99).
- Interview, 8 August 2018 (18:55).
- Interview, 8 August 2018 (19:02).
- Livestream, 8 April 2018 (AM) (2:17).
- Livestream, 27 September 2018 (54:02).
- Interview, 20 October 2018 (0:00).
- Interview, 20 October 2018 (12:38).
- Livestream, 31 October 2018 (47:44).
- Livestream, 31 October 2018 (57:22).
- Livestream, 8 April 2018 (AM) (6:39).
- Podcast, 4 August 2018 (2:00:05).
- Interview, 8 August 2018 (25:53).
- Livestream, 18 January 2018 (49:26).
- Interview, 24 August 2018 (12:18).
- Livestream, 17 November 2017 (28:50).
- MASSIVELY OP interview: Ashes of Creation on a new way to MMO.
- Ashes of Creation Kickstarter campaign
- Ashes of Creation Kickstarter.
- Intrepid Studios Dev Team.
- PAX West 2017 Schedule.
- PAX West 2017 Map.
- Ashes of Creation Gamescom 2018 Interview: Responding to Criticism.
- Intrepid Studios Extra Life 2018 (@MediaAoC).
- MMORPG.com's Best of 2017 Awards.
- Most Anticipated MMORPGs For 2018.
- DualShockers’ Gamescom 2018 Awards