Ship building is a crafting profession that is able to construct ship components based on blueprints that unlock capabilities that scale with their progression within the ship building profession.
- Movement, Durability, Speed, Turn rate, Hit points, Defensive and Damage abilities.
- Aesthetic customization.
- Ship components can be sold to other players.
- Ships may only be crafted or upgraded in harbor crafting stations that are unlocked by the advancement of coastal nodes.
You will not need to be a ship builder profession to construct ships. The shipbuilder profession particularly they have the ability to craft components of the ships which increases the ship's capabilities, defenses, speeds, turn rate, offense and defense, you know all those types of things and then they can sell those to other players. – Steven Sharif
- Once repaired, ships can only be launched from land.
- Harbors will likely grant quests that are related to naval content.
- Harbors will provide a number of services including upgrades to ships.
There will be harbors that boats can go inside of those will be present along the coast. Harbors can pop up as a result of a node being developed nearby, if it's near the coast or if a node itself is on the coast it can have a harbor component to it. There will likely be quests that are granted from this harbor, specifically with regards to the sea and sea content; and what you can do in this harbor will be a lot of different things including upgrades to the boats. – Steven Sharif
- An active GM staff will be monitoring user-created content. Users who upload inappropriate content will place their accounts in jeopardy.
I know previously we had spoken about not allowing custom user images in the game, however I think we're leaning more now in the direction of allowing for custom user images. Absolutely well what it will be is the fact that we're a subscription game and if you want to jeopardize your account by doing the wrong thing with regards to custom users [images] then by all means you may do so and we'll have stringent practices in place to prevent that from actually being an issue. – Steven Sharif
With regards to this UCC question, I think when you have an active an active GM team that you know you are you have directed to care take the product you're going to mitigate a lot of that functionality you don't want to see out of this custom image system. People who look to let's say meme the system are going to be met with the type of enforcement that they don't want to have on their account; and being a subscription-based product and being a risk versus reward and maybe a more old-school approach to character development and progression I think they're gonna take a significant risk in doing things that we don't want them to do, which will result in the jeopardy of their account. So I think that is not going to deter a hundred percent of things- I don't think you ever can deter a hundred percent of things unless we go away from custom images- but I think that we can achieve some parity of essentially enforcement versus infraction ratio that's going to be liveable for everybody. – Steven Sharif
- Guild emblems.
- Armor attachments.
Mariner classes (also referred to as boatsmanship classes, boatsman skills or seamanship) contain different skill trees arranged in a similar manner to Artisan classes. As a player gains experience in these different skills they become more adept at using them.
- Boat repair.
- Ship components.
- Defensive skills.
- Utility based skills.
You can spec into and kind of create your own class based on what things you're doing on the boat... It's gonna be very similar to in structure to like the artisanship trees, so you'll you'll have your mariner class: You'll have different trees in that class. – Jeffrey Bard
- Livestream, 25 July 2020 (1:59:09).
- Interview, 19 July 2020 (48:05).
- Livestream, 19 May 2017 (50:45).
- Livestream, 9 July 2018 (30:35).
- Interview, 17 August 2018 (36:29).
- Livestream, 26 July 2019 (1:13:00).
- Livestream, 17 August 2018 (58:53).
- Livestream, 31 October 2018 (46:18).
- Blog: 10 facts about castle sieges in the MMORPG.
- Livestream, 26 July 2019 (1:05:28).
- Livestream, 17 May 2017 (55:40).
- Interview, 8 July 2020 (48:30).
- Livestream, 31 October 2018 (47:44).
- Interview, 20 October 2018 (3:35:54).
- Livestream, 30 September 2020 (41:13).
- Livestream, 9 July 2018 (36:05).