Pantheon of gods
- It is possible for some storylines to relate to a darker/evil path, if a character should choose to.
The beginning of the creation of the universe that exists within Ashes of Creation was a result of a group of god beings. There were ten of them and there was a celestial struggle in this universe that resulted in a fraction of those of those gods. And there exists within this story two components of good and evil. – Steven Sharif
Early in the creation of the Universe the pantheon of gods was split. Some gods influence the corrupt side of beings that exist in the Universe. It is possible through questing and player decision to join or worship those gods.
You're going to have advancement within the religion and within the church that you're a part of. And those advancements are going to be both reflective of the community's development of that religion out in the world: Building temples, building infrastructure for that, completing certain quests for it; and then you will benefit from the community's development of that specific religion via having certain augment abilities that you'll gain access to be able to apply on top of your secondary class augments to skills; and it's going to reflect what the nature of that religion is. – Steven Sharif
- Players may follow only one religion at a time.
- Religions will have a ranking system.
- Changing religion will cause loss of progress in a player's previous religion.
It depends on their dedication to the religion itself; their performance when it comes to certain religion's religious objectives; their contribution to the development of that religion within the world. There's a lot of different markers that we use at each stage to determine how they progress within the religion. – Steven Sharif
If you want to abstain from the religion progression path you may do so... It's not gonna hurt you I guess, because a lot of these augments are kind of "sidegrades". But I think you'd be missing out on a lot of what the game has to offer.. – Jeffrey Bard
An "affiliation tree" is still under development that determines which entities can participate in attacks against other entities within its heirerchy.
There is guild affiliation, there's party affiliation, there's a raid affiliation, alliance affiliation, there's a citizenship affiliation, there's society affiliation, there's religious affiliation. All of these things have some hierarchy; and within that hierarchy there's the ability to participate within certain systems. So for example, if you have a node that has fallen under your vassal state and you're a citizen of the parent node, then you could participate in a siege against the vassal node but if you're a citizen of the vassal node you could not participate as an attacker against the parent node; so there's a hierarchy, unless you were to renounce your citizenship. – Steven Sharif
- Shrines may grant access to certain tithes that can be made to your deity.
- These could be a stepping-stone to unlock deeper progression within a religion.
- Shrines will not provide the same benefits as Temples but they are the "next best thing".
- Players may be able to pay to use other player's freehold shrines.
Removing player corruption
- An alternate way to remove corruption is through religious quests. These quests are considered time sinks.
Extension:DynamicPageList (DPL), version 3.2.1: Warning: No results.
- Node series part II – the Metropolis.
- Livestream, 26 May 2017 (15:37).
- Livestream, 8 April 2018 (AM) (10:02).
- May newsletter.
- Livestream, 26 May 2017 (10:58).
- Livestream, 8 April 2018 (AM) (16:50).
- Livestream, 16 October 2017 (13:54).
- Livestream, 12 May 2017 (54:35).
- Livestream, 8 May 2017 (44:51).
- Livestream, 1 June 2017 (31:47).
- Livestream, 1 June 2017 (33:40).
- Livestream, 1 June 2017 (34:12).
- Interview, 11 May 2018 (58:07).
- Livestream, 24 May 2017 (9:58).
- Interview, 27 April 2017 (0:17).
- Livestream, 4 June 2018 (2:18).