Pre-order pack addons
Purchasers of pre-order packs have the ability to purchase future individual pre-order pack cosmetics (at the same or lower level as their pack purchase) as add-ons in the month that they are on sale. 
- Kickstarter and Summer crowdfunding backers can also purchase pre-order pack cosmetics as add-ons. This only applies to the current month's cosmetics and beyond.
- In the month a pack is purchased, only the upgrade tiers will be shown on the shop. Individual items will be visible in future months.
Pre-order pack upgrades
- Cosmetics in the new package tiers in the month of the upgrade are gained.
- Upgrades won't unlock cosmetic items in tiers that were already granted by a previous package.
- The upgrade price is the difference between the new and old pre-order pack prices.
Pre-order pack cosmetic skins cycle monthly and are never available again for purchase. Apart from the cosmetic skins, the packages can also include subscription time, embers (virtual currency for future cosmetics when the game is live), access to alphas and betas, and other perks such as name reservation.
Pre-order pack upgrades are possible for current pack holders for the difference in price. Upgrades to Kickstarter and Summer crowdfunding packs are also available in the store for the difference in package price.
- August 15, 2018 was the last day for purchases of Alpha-1 through Intrepid pre-order packs (History).
- August 13, 2021 was the last day for purchases of Alpha-1 through the Adventurer pre-order pack (History).
Adventurer pre-order pack FAQ
- How long will the Adventurer pre-order pack be available?
- The Adventurer pre-order pack was available for purchase from May 5, 2021 at 11:00 a.m. Pacific until August 13, 2021 at 11:00 a.m. Pacific.
- The Adventurer pre-order pack includes access to both NDA and non-NDA Alpha-1 testing. Testing periods may be delayed or suspended, and do not represent the final game. Do not purchase Alpha-1 access if you are looking to play a finished game - testing will require your feedback and patience. Testers with the Adventurer pre-order pack can join in our NDA spot testing, as well as our non-NDA Alpha-1 preview and testing. As Adventurer pre-order pack owners will have access to Alpha-1, Alpha-2, Beta-1, and Beta-2, stay tuned to our helpful knowledge base article here for more details on future test dates!
- Will there be a limited number of Adventurer pre-order packs available?
- We have not announced any plans to limit the quantity of available Adventurer Pre-order Packages. However, keep in mind that the Adventurer Pre-order Package will only be available for purchase until August 13, 2021 at 11:00 a.m. Pacific..
- If you already own a Wayfarer pre-order pack, Expeditionary pre-order pack, Voyager pre-order pack, or Voyager plus pre-order pack, you will see upgrade options in the shop when you are logged in. This will allow you to purchase the Adventurer pre-order pack (which includes Alpha-1 access) for the difference in price.
- If you are a Braver of worlds, Leader of men, Royalty, Hero of the people, or Avatar of the phoenix backer, you already have access to participate in Alpha-1 testing. Please check your email for further information. If you did not receive an email, please reach out to our Support team directly here.
- If you are an Explorer, Settler, Pioneer, Founder, or Warrior of old backer, you will see upgrade options in the shop when you are logged in. This will allow you to purchase the Braver of worlds package (which includes Alpha-1 access) or higher for the difference in price.
- Who is eligible to participate in Alpha-1 testing?
- Anyone who won and claimed an Alpha One Key through a giveaway.
- Adventurer pre-order pack and Intrepid pre-order pack owners.
- Braver of worlds, Leader of men, Royalty, Hero of the people, and Avatar of the phoenix Kickstarter backers and summer campaign backers.
- Official content creators.
- Where can I get more info on Alpha-1 testing if I’m participating?
- Keep an eye out for emails from our team with more details on how to download and play! We'll also email you more info on how to get the latest testing updates on our Discord and forums. If you don’t receive any emails and you believe you should, please reach out to our Support team directly here.
- All skin cosmetic items are cosmetic items only and do not grant the user any other benefit. The lore text is flavor text, and background of the creatures and items in the world of Verra.
- Equitable cosmetics, both from a quantity and quality standpoint, are achievable through in-game means. Cosmetics achievable in-game will be on-par, and in the case of legendary skins, even more elaborate than shop items.
- I want to make sure that equitable cosmetics both from a quantity and quality standpoint are achievable through in-game achievements. Time, effort should let you be happy with what you can accomplish. – Steven Sharif
- In my opinion quality of cash shop cosmetics should be equal to in game achievable cosmetics, but offer a diverse selection of unique looks. – Steven Sharif
- There will be legendary cosmetics that are only achievable in-game that will never be offered in the cosmetic shop.
- There will not be recolors or material swaps on the monthly cosmetics as a means to populate in-game achievements.
- From an armor standpoint, we cut armor sets up into many different pieces. These pieces can sometimes be used as part of other sets, that may include helmets, wrists, gloves etc. So while you will not see an achievable white version of the corvid castigator set in the game for example, you may see its shoulder piece used in another set, or its leggings, or wrist piece used in another set (not every piece as to form the whole set, but perhaps a couple pieces). This would be difficult to notice at first glance, due to the material, texture and color variation used, but this modular approach to content creation makes achieving a wide variety of looks achievable for an MMORPG of our size. – Steven Sharif
- Different variants of store purchased cosmetic creatures (Pets and Mounts) may exist in the wild.
- Cosmetics can be used by all races but there may be slight variations to make them work with the body builds of each race.
- There will not be mascot looking/furry cosmetics.
- It's important to remember, Ashes is a NO-BOX COST subscription only game, with an optional cosmetic marketplace. This achieves a few things from a monetization model. Having a lower barrier to entry for players to try the game when they don't have to fork out $60 for the box price is good, our box price is 0$. This also places an emphasis on the game's retention and our continual updates and content creation to keep players playing and staying subscribed (a put your money where your mouth is sort of philosophy for us as a company). It also means players don't have to spend $60 every time there is an expansion. – Steven Sharif
- Costume and pet cosmetics don't have a level restriction. Building, ship, caravan and mount cosmetics require an in-game item to be obtained first to apply the cosmetic.
- I know there have been quite a few questions regarding cosmetics over the years. As we get further along in development, we'll be providing more specific information regarding what specific buildings, items, etc., you can place each cosmetic on. We'll update this for all past items. – Margaret Krohn
- Cosmetics are not tradeable with other players but can be reassigned to other characters (alts) within the same account.
- Equitable cosmetics, both from a quantity and quality standpoint, are achievable through in-game means.
- Nothing in the cosmetic store will be pay to win.
Nothing in our shop will ever be pay to win as we believe this practice greatly hurts the MMORPG genre.
- Cash shop cosmetics will offer a diverse selection of unique looks.
I want to incentivize purchase in the cosmetic shop for sustainability of what expansions we have intended, since we are not a box cost. I want to incentivize purchase by offering limited items: limited time, limited quantity, so you have confidence that when you purchase them, they won't be offered later on in some other way. – Steven Sharif
- All cosmetic store items will be non-tradeable. There will be no gifting mechanism for cosmetic items.
- Skins are cosmetic items that do not grant the user any benefit.
- Skins are only be able to be applied to things that have already been earned, crafted or found within Ashes of Creation.
- Flavor text relates to the lore and background of creatures and items in the world of Verra.
- Costumes do not include any weapons pictured.
- Caravan skins change the appearance of an in-game mount and in-game caravan that are hooked up to each other.
- The best skins will be in-game achievable.
- What is included with my Pre-Order package?
- Ashes of Creation Reddit - Heat and Harmony.
- Livestream, 30 April 2021 (4:02).
- Ashes of Creation Store: May cosmetics.
- Blog: Creative Director's Letter, April 14 2021
- Rime and Regal.
- Livestream, 8 May 2017 (48:52).
- Livestream, 8 April 2018 (PM) (58:29).
- Livestream, 25 July 2020 (1:53:46).
- Livestream, 28 June 2019 (1:25:55).
- Livestream, 26 June 2020 (1:42:55).
- Podcast, 15 November 2020 (49:02).
- Livestream, 30 November 2020 (57:50).
- Ashes of Creation cosmetic store.
- Interview, 11 May 2018 (32:36).
- Ashes of Creation Store: Pre-order pack addons.
- Livestream, 30 November 2020 (56:02).
- Livestream, 6 December 2018 (41:43).
- Livestream, 30 November 2020 (58:24).