- Other elemental influences may include Darkness, Light and Planar.
- Elements may have more influence in certain seasons and climates. For example, frost abilities may be stronger in winter. This affects both PvE and PvP.
- There may be ley lines and strong magical places in the world that change or alter the way spells work.
We've discussed a little bit about how the seasons and biomes will react with different types of skills. Like if you have a fireball and it's summer it might be a little bit different. If it's winter and you have a frost ability it might be different. – Steven Sharif
The idea behind magic is you're manipulating the elements. They don't just have to be fire, ice, water and air. They can be darkness, they can be light, they can be planar; a lot of different types of "elemental influences". – Steven Sharif
|Skill||Icon||Rank 1||Rank 2||Rank 3|
|Fireball||Throws a fireball at your target. Deals instant damage.||Becomes a burn (damage over time).||Area of effect around the target.|
|Flame line||Shoot an arrow that leaves behind a trail of flames.||Arrow explodes upon reaching the end of its distance.||Enemies take burning damage for entering the flames.|
|Lava Storm||Creates a field of lava at the selected location. Deals additional damage in the center of the ability. Deals area damage around the caster upon cast.||Increased damage. Increased duration.||Increased damage. Increased duration.|
|Lightning Bolt||Shoots forward a beam of lightning that damages enemies in a line in front of you.||Adds damage over time to targets hit.||Chains to nearby enemies that are not hit. Anyone who is outside the line has a chance to get a bolt jump to them.|
|Meteor Storm||Summons forth a Meteor Storm, dropping 3 meteors in the target location. Each meteor deals large area damage upon impact.||Increase damage and number of impacts. Stun enemies as they are hit.||Increase damage and number of impacts. Stun enemies as they are hit.|
Say for instance, I am a Ranger that has a Charge bolt ability as my primary active skill and I've chosen Mage as my secondary and applied the elemental to it. I now have a Frost charge bolt, and if I fire that frostbolt and hit a target, they may be freezing for a period of time as a debuff and that might slow their speed. If a wizard applies a nuke on a target and that nuke is a frost-based nuke, those two stacking elements might then either further snare (slow the target) or paralyze and freeze the target. So, there are combination out effects that build up: A primary, secondary and some ancillary effect occurs when those are combined. – Steven Sharif
There's going to be four schools of augmentation for each archetype. One of the schools for the mage is the teleport school. You can take that teleport augment, apply it to your charge skill: now instead of charging x distance over time you're going to immediately teleport to the target dealing x damage and a condition modifier. If you were to apply the elemental school to your class ability you would then instead you would charge x distance; upon reaching target you would set the target ablaze if it's fire or you would electrocute them and deal with damage over time. – Steven Sharif
- Interview, 18 July 2020 (1:05:04).
- Livestream, 24 May 2017 (27:47).
- Livestream, 8 April 2018 (PM) (26:19).
- Livestream, 30 September 2020 (1:04:56).
- Livestream, 1 June 2017 (20:23).
- Livestream, 26 June 2020 (1:32:16).
- Video, 23 December 2020 (0:31).
- Blog: Blazing the way - Mage Alpha One Preview.
- Livestream, 16 October 2017 (38:35).
- PAX West 2017 Mage poster.
- Livestream, 16 October 2017 (46:52).
- Video, 22 December 2020 (7:36).
- Video, 23 December 2020 (1:29).
- Video, 23 December 2020 (0:40).
- Livestream, 16 October 2017 (39:15).
- Video, 23 December 2020 (1:46).
- Interview, 19 July 2020 (58:18).