- Players that are not in the same party or raid will not be able to see other player's health percentages or exact health bar values.
- A player's name plate will deteriorate to give an indication of how much damage they have taken.
With regards to seeing another player's health: As you know their name plate will deteriorate or give you an indication of like hey they've taken damage they're significantly injured, but you're not going to get a percentage. You're not gonna get an exact bar value, unless you're in their party or in their raid. – Steven Sharif
- Physical attack.
- Magical attack.
- Block chance/percentage.
- Critical hit.
Most stats are contested, which means you're kind of testing your rating versus other people's ratings. So you kind of figure out what the end result is... but we're not going to go for like hard caps for sure. – Jeffrey Bard
|Skill||Icon||Rank 1||Rank 2||Rank 3|
|Benediction||Chain heal that heals up to 3 targets.|
|Devotion||A swift act that heals your target. It's a quick hot.|
|Divine Censure||Throws a radiant spear at the target, dealing damage. Any time the target is attacked, the attacker has a chance to get healed.|
|Hallowed Ground||Fills the surrounding area with radiant energy, damaging enemies and healing allies.|
Ashes of Creation Apocalypse healing
- Healing skills are proximity based: Centered on self or centered on projectile impact.
- There will be healing potion bursts (healing grenades) that will grant life to allies.
- Healing is part of Class kits that come into play during the testing of Ashes of Creation Apocalypse castle sieges.
We have a few design theories on action combat and healing to began with phase one. Part of that will be the implementation of a class system into the castle siege and horde mode of phase one. Those will be kits that play out as skills available from an action perspective. You'll be able to target in proximity, basically so positioning is going to matter. Importantly, for healers being close to the individual party members you wish to heal. Additionally, you'll have reticle based healing methods. This would be a template that could be launched in that direction as a pulse of heels or augments. So there's a lot of different systems are playing with that you'll see more of when we get to those when we get to the castle siege system and the Ashes of Creation Apocalypse horde mode. – Steven Sharif
Ashes of Creation Apocalypse healing potions
Ashes of Creation Apocalypse class kits
- Skills/abilities are not tied specifically to weapons in castle siege mode.
- Base class skills may be able to be selected from a host of available skills for that class based on a player's progression within that season.
We had a little bit of an idea that we're going to explore with regards to each of the classes having a range of skills and abilities that players can customize that skill kit based on their progression within a season, let's say; and that progression can be gained from any of the modes and it would grant you the ability to kind of customize that skill kit for the before the siege mode or the horde mode. But that's something that might come at a later date. – Steven Sharif
- Although traditional roles are present, players should not feel branded by their primary archetype.
- Skill augments available through the class system allow characters to be personalized outside of their primary role.
- Players can also double down on their archetype choice to strengthen their primary role.
We have our eight base archetypes; and the trinity is a pretty strong influence with regards to the eight base classes. However the area in which we actually begin to play with that line between the trinity is in the secondary classes that you can pick. That's where we begin to blend those spaces and allow people a little bit of influence over their role and whether or not they fit perfectly within a particular category within the trinity. – Steven Sharif
- Each secondary archetype offers four different schools of augmentation. Each augment school affects a primary archetype's skills in different ways.
- For example: A Mage offers Teleportation and elemental schools of augments. These augments will affect a Fighter's primary skills differently than a Cleric's.
- Each augmentation has a level requirement and number of skill points required to activate it.
- There's going to be a certain threshold at which you can no longer augment your active abilities based on the decisions you've augmented previous abilities, so you'll have to pick and choose which ones you want to apply the augments towards; and certain augments will have more expense required on the skill point side. – Steven Sharif
- Augments to primary skills will fundamentally change the way the ability works: Adapting what the ability once did to incorporate the identity of the secondary archetype.
- Changing the augmentations on your skills will require you to go to a NPC in a Village node or higher.
- Some spell colors and general FX change based on augments.
- Active skills could look totally different after an augment gets applied.
- It will not be possible to max all skills in a skill tree.
- In terms of skill progression, players can choose to go "wide" and get a number of different abilities, or go "deep" into a few specific abilities.
- Players are able to reset and reallocate their skill points.
Making active skills capable of receiving additional skill point allocations and unlocking additional features so that from a player agency standpoint it's going to be up to you whether or not you want to be more diverse but less depth- wider and not taller, in some of these skill choices. Or if you want to be very very tall, that's going to be something that is up to the player in that regard. – Steven Sharif
- Livestream, 25 July 2020 (1:33:37).
- Livestream, 30 January 2020 (1:40:48).
- Livestream, 28 August 2020 (1:15:02).
- Livestream, 30 January 2020 (25:39).
- Livestream, 9 February 2018 (7:31).
- Livestream, 28 August 2020 (15:21).
- Livestream, 30 May 2017 (16:25).
- Livestream, 26 March 2021 (1:02:08).
- Video, 1 November 2020 (0:36).
- Video, 1 November 2020 (1:09).
- Video, 1 November 2020 (0:51).
- Video, 1 November 2020 (0:45).
- Livestream, 28 March 2020 (1:22:45).
- Interview, 8 August 2018 (19:40).
- Interview, 17 August 2018 (12:05).
- Interview, 6 December 2018 (2:04).
- Interview, 17 August 2018 (8:16).
- Livestream, 11 January 2019 (41:20).
- Interview, 20 October 2018 (11:38).
- Livestream, November 22 2019 (59:37).
- Livestream, 11 January 2019 (58:40).
- Reddit Q&A, 8 January 2019.
- Podcast, 11 April 2021 (13:30).
- Group dynamics blog.
- Livestream, 22 May 2017 (46:04).
- Interview, 20 October 2018 (2:40:16).
- Livestream, 31 July 2020 (1:14:26).
- Livestream, 16 October 2017 (1:00:44).
- Interview, 8 August 2018 (22:27).
- Interview, 18 July 2020 (1:05:04).
- Livestream, 25 July 2020 (1:47:55).
- Livestream, 9 February 2018 (41:56).
- Livestream, 17 December 2019 (1:13:14).
- Interview, 18 July 2020 (1:07:06).
- February 8, 2019 - Questions and Answers.
- Livestream, 26 July 2019 (1:09:22).
- Livestream, 8 April 2018 (PM) (20:45).
- Interview, 11 May 2018 (53:15).
- Livestream, 28 August 2020 (1:12:50).
- Interview, 29 July 2020 (55:44).
- Interview, 19 July 2020 (53:59).
- Interview, 18 July 2020 (1:07:51).
- Livestream, 28 July 2017 (19:05).
- Livestream, 16 November 2017 (30:02).
- Interview, 29 July 2020 (54:44).
- Livestream, 28 August 2020 (1:19:24).