Items on back and belt
Items attached to a character's back or belt represent items they are in possession of. Players can set the appearance priority for the items they wish to show. Only one item can show at a time, and that is determined by player choice.
The idea is to kind of move away from the mundane kind of application of belts in previous MMOs where they don't really have a lot of character so to speak. But in reality you know as an adventurer you come with a lot of tools and things that you have to use out in the wild in order to achieve what you're trying to achieve. So we wanted to kind of represent that on your character and give you something that can actually be tangible for your character and see there. I think it adds a lot of character and flavor to your identity. – Steven Sharif
- Characters performing ranged abilities will switch to the ranged weapon, then can switch back to the melee weapon and shield or two-handed melee weapon.
- The weapon held in the main hand slot determines the active weapon ability.
Do I want my main hand to be my ranged weapon or do I want my main hand to be my melee weapon with regards to skill usage. For example, with the Ranger, if you have a range skill it'll automatically swap regardless of what your main weapon hand is, but for the combat ability for the "Auto Attack" feature it would be your chosen weapon. – Steven Sharif
- Shields in the MMORPG grant a static defense/damage mitigation value.
- Shields may also offer additional value/block chances on a directional basis.
- There will be one shoulder capes, full body capes and cloaks. These attach to the player's back slot.
- Players may choose to show or hide items in their back slot.
- There will be capes (cloaks) with hoods.
- The higher level the backpack, the greater the inventory space.
- Different backpack types cater to different activities.
In order to roleplay you need to be able to represent kind of what your character is doing in that world and you know part of what animation is doing is creating these sockets on the let's say the belt or the backpack that you know can plug in certain types of props or items that are created by the character team. – Steven Sharif
- Livestream, 30 January 2020 (25:39).
- Livestream, 28 July 2017 (24:54).
- Livestream, 30 May 2019 (1:09:13).
- Livestream, 4 June 2018 (19:48).
- Livestream, 30 January 2020 (49:08).
- Interview, 11 May 2018 (16:32).
- Livestream, 30 June 2017 (47:14).
- Livestream, 28 July 2017 (31:30).
- Livestream, 30 September 2020 (49:51).
- Livestream, 30 May 2019 (1:09:17).