Player stalls (Kiosks) are located in a marketplace setting within a node. Renting a player stall enables players to sell items as well as provide repair and enchanting services, even when they are not online.
- Players are not be able to be attacked while occupying their player stall.
- NPCs manning player stalls may be an "image" of the player.
- Players are able to input required items for repair and also purchase required materials for that repair.
A marketplace UI lists the current items available for sale in the node like a town center billboard. This will potentially list items in other nodes if they are in the same economic region of a Metropolis.
- A player can't purchase directly from the marketplace UI. Instead it gives the location of player stalls where you may purchase the items.
Economic node benefits
- For example: Potions, Fabric will be visually represented in a stall.
- Renewal is disabled once a Node siege is declared until the siege resolved.
We're going to have a UI... you're gonna put the resources in or they're gonna put the resources in. It'll be like an escrow system and then once [the job] is complete you'll get the item they'll get the money.
Markets in Ashes of Creation are regional, which means that each market has its own character. Because resources will shift locations as they’re exhausted, this will keep people moving about the world, seeking out the best resources for their crafting builds, and the best markets for their goods.
One major feature in our economy that differs from most fantasy style MMOs is that we're not approaching it from a global scale. Rather, we're trying to carve the world up into regions and make each one focus independently, while of course at the same time working together. – Peter Pilone
- Item durability (item decay). Zero percent durability will unequip an item, increasing its repair costs.
- Over-enchanting carries the risk of destroying that item.
- Players gain craftable items and recipes from deconstructing (salvaging) completed items.
An important aspect of a healthy economy is having some item sinks available... There are three kinds of item sinks: You can gain craftable items from deconstructing completed items; You can have decay... and if you want to over-enchant that item there will be a potential to destroy it as well. It's important for an economy to experience those types of emphasis on what can be crafted as well as seeing those items that are crafted be destroyed as well..
There is durability in the game... It's not going to be a trivial durability. There is a potential to destroy gear (weapons and armor), but there is also an ability to reforge that destroyed gear using a portion of the materials necessary as well as finding an item creator who can reforge it.
- Non-crafted items will have default repair skills, costing mats equal to its crafted equivalent.
- 0% durability will unequip items, increasing their repair costs.
- Destroyed gear can be reforged at a player stall using a portion of the materials that were necessary to craft the item.
- Armor smithing.
- Brewer is likely part of the Cooking profession.
- Jewel crafting.
- Scribes (possibly).
- Ship building.
- Siege weapons.
- Weapon smithing.
- Crop rotations.
- Player stalls (Kiosks).
- Mayoral duties.
- Pay taxes.
- Fishing (potentially).
- Parlor games (Tavern games).
- World event notifications.
- Node citizenship notifications.
- Player housing notifications.
Some of it may come post-launch... but we do want people to interact with the game on their phones when they're away from the computer; and we're going to do as much as we can to make that cool. – Jeffrey Bard
- Livestream, 17 August 2018 (16:00).
- Livestream, 5 May 2017 (16:36).
- Livestream, 16 October 2017 (59:39).
- Livestream, 5 May 2017 (35:16).
- Video, 30 April 2017 (6:33).
- Livestream, 19 May 2017 (33:57).
- Livestream, 12 May 2017 (53:08).
- Livestream, 5 May 2017 (16:37).
- Node series part II – the Metropolis.
- Livestream, 5 May 2017 (19:11).
- Livestream, 5 May 2017 (17:47).
- Livestream, 5 May 2017 (32:22).
- Ashes of Creation Press Kit.
- Unreal Engine Interview, 23 May 2017.
- Video, 30 April 2017 (8:02).
- Video, 30 April 2017 (6:54).
- Livestream, 5 May 2017 (10:47).
- Podcast, 13 May 2017 (25:55).
- Livestream, 8 May 2017 (20:41).
- Video, 30 April 2017 (10:07).
- Livestream, 5 May 2017 (4:42).
- Livestream, 17 August 2018 (15:14).
- Livestream, 27 September 2018 (30:56).
- Livestream, 17 August 2018 (10:54).
- Livestream, 28 July 2017 (22:23).
- Livestream, 26 May 2017 (51:37).
- Livestream, 24 May 2017 (17:08).
- Livestream, 18 January 2018 (30:18).
- Livestream, 17 November 2017 (11:00).
- Livestream, 4 May 2018 (54:09).
- Livestream, 9 May 2017 (28:57).
- Livestream, 17 November 2017 (9:49).
- Livestream, 17 November 2017 (11:53).