Add the Ashes of Creation Wiki Bot to your Discord server.
- North America (NA).
- Europe (EU).
- Asia/Pacific (SEA).
- Oceania (OCE) (Australia).
At this stage we do not have numbers on how many different servers will exist for different regions. We've said in the past 8-10,000 concurrent users per server is what we'd like to aim for. Obviously, the number of servers that exist in a region are going to be dependent on the population that's playing. – Steven Sharif
- South America is under consideration due to traffic from that region.
Once we get closer to launch we'll update this information, which may include additional regions.
- Players will be able to make characters on any server they wish. There will be no region locking (outside of harmonized regions).
- Servers will be named after the champions of the great battles that led up to the fall of Verra.
- Post launch, users will be able to select their server by the ping or the region that's notated next to the server.
- Ashes of Creation Apocalypse server selection is driven by the party leader. Whatever region they have selected will apply to their friends and squad.
We'll have a multitude of servers located throughout to the various regions of the world; and those servers will be good connection points for- and will be driven by- I mean there's two types of servers I'm sorry: For the alpha-1 arena those will be driven by the party leader right; and wherever whatever region they have selected if they invite friends to their squad or whatever, they'll be able to play on that region. With regards to live launch when the server's go live, you'll be selecting a server to play on; and that will be your character's home; and that server you'll be aware of where that server is located usually by either a ping or a region that's notated on next to the server. – Steven Sharif
This would likely be utilized more so by guilds than that would be solo or unaffiliated players; and I believe that the solo player they may have friends that they want to play with. That's fine, they can also still with those friends do the reservation system, but the player who is just joining the game fresh and doesn't have a community that they're part of, I don't think they really mind in that regard and will not utilize that system. – Steven Sharif
- EU (Frankfurt).
- OCE servers were not included in the latest announcement.
- Italian, Polish and Spanish localization will then be added.
- Spanish will be added in the near future.
- Other languages are being considered.
There's localization that will be present in the German and French Russian languages to start; and then we intend to also localize in Italian, Polish and Spanish. So servers will be allocated within the region as being one of those language type servers. So it's not going to be per country per se as it might be per language. – Steven Sharif
- Translation will be done in the game client based on interest.
- User interface localization tools are available in the chat window.
- The monthly subscription fee is USD $14.99.
- Lifetime subscriptions were granted to crowdfunding backers at the Braver of worlds level or higher.
I think a sub cost provides both the barrier of entry to prevent, some not all, but mitigate some gold selling bots and whatnot because there's a cost associated with playing the game, but it's also not too high that it gets on the greedy side or prevents a lot of players from participating and trying the game; and then if the game is good then people will continue to subscribe and that subscription provides funding and revenue for the developers to continue a significant content creation and expansion rollout for the game. – Steven Sharif
- Subscriptions will begin at launch or, subject to change, a user may be able to choose to activate their subscription to start at a particular point in time.
There is no P2W in Apocalypse or the MMORPG!
- Intrepid Studios will be opening offices in Amsterdam to help support their publishing operations in the EU (European Union) and CIS regions.
We have learned a lot from our partnership with MY.GAMES, and we wish our friends there all the best as we have mutually decided to part ways. Looking ahead, we’re excited to announce that Intrepid Studios will be opening European offices in Amsterdam to help support our publishing operations in the EU/CIS regions. We have recently posted open positions for our new EU offices, and look forward to hiring the best and brightest in true Intrepid fashion. – Steven Sharif
- Ashes of Creation Apocalypse battle royale early access testing ended on March 10, 2020. It was previously available for download on the official website and on Steam.
- Interview, 8 May 2017 (22:06).
- Livestream, 24 May 2017 (40:50).
- Ashes of Creation FAQ: Where will your servers be?
- Reddit Q&A, 8 January 2019.
- Livestream, 8 April 2018 (AM) (26:41).
- Livestream, 9 July 2018 (47:54).
- Livestream, 25 July 2020 (1:21:03).
- Livestream, 19 May 2017 (37:03).
- Official Livestream - May 4th @ 3 PM PST - Q&A
- Livestream, 27 September 2018 (48:13).
- February 8, 2019 - Questions and Answers.
- Livestream, 25 July 2020 (1:06:43).
- Interview, 19 July 2020 (1:21:49).
- Livestream, 31 October 2018 (35:53).
- What languages will Ashes of Creation be in?
- Interview, 24 August 2018 (2:35).
- Livestream, 17 May 2017 (1:09:22).
- Livestream, 24 May 2017 (45:49).
- Interview, 24 August 2018 (3:19).
- Pre-order packs
- Livestream, 4 May 2018 (53:34).
- Livestream, 25 July 2020 (1:53:46).
- Livestream, 26 February 2021 (1:08:47).
- Livestream, 31 October 2018 (38:47).
- Blog: Steam Announce And Play Test FAQ For Ashes of Creation Apocalypse
- Livestream, 1 September 2018 (1:05:10).
- Interview, 21 August 2018 (11:20).
- Blog: New Adventure Awaits.