- North America (NA).
- Europe (EU).
- Asia/Pacific (SEA).
- Oceania (OCE) (Australia).
At this stage we do not have numbers on how many different servers will exist for different regions. We've said in the past 8-10,000 concurrent users per server is what we'd like to aim for. Obviously, the number of servers that exist in a region are going to be dependent on the population that's playing. – Steven Sharif
- South America is under consideration due to traffic from that region.
Once we get closer to launch we'll update this information, which may include additional regions.
- Players will be able to make characters on any server they wish. There will be no region locking (outside of harmonized regions).
- Servers will be named after the champions of the great battles that led up to the fall of Verra.
- Post launch, users will be able to select their server by the ping or the region that's notated next to the server.
- Ashes of Creation Apocalypse server selection is driven by the party leader. Whatever region they have selected will apply to their friends and squad.
We'll have a multitude of servers located throughout to the various regions of the world; and those servers will be good connection points for- and will be driven by- I mean there's two types of servers I'm sorry: For the alpha-1 arena those will be driven by the party leader right; and wherever whatever region they have selected if they invite friends to their squad or whatever, they'll be able to play on that region. With regards to live launch when the server's go live, you'll be selecting a server to play on; and that will be your character's home; and that server you'll be aware of where that server is located usually by either a ping or a region that's notated on next to the server. – Steven Sharif
This would likely be utilized more so by guilds than that would be solo or unaffiliated players; and I believe that the solo player they may have friends that they want to play with. That's fine, they can also still with those friends do the reservation system, but the player who is just joining the game fresh and doesn't have a community that they're part of, I don't think they really mind in that regard and will not utilize that system. – Steven Sharif
- US East.
- US West.
- EU East.
- EU West.
- Previously it was stated that English, French, German, and Russian will be supported then Italian, Polish and Spanish be added later.
- Other languages are being considered based on interest.
- User interface localization tools are available in the chat window.
Ashes of Creation is aiming to be available in the following languages: English, French, German, Russian, Italian, Polish, and Spanish. Although this may not be the final list of languages we support, as we are still looking into which other languages the game may be translated into.
- There will be no region locking, but certain regions will have "harmonized" subscription prices that better reflect their local economies. Harmonized regions will be segregated from other regions.
- Lifetime subscriptions were granted to crowdfunding backers at the Braver of worlds level or higher. These will never be available again.
I think a sub cost provides both the barrier of entry to prevent, some not all, but mitigate some gold selling bots and whatnot because there's a cost associated with playing the game, but it's also not too high that it gets on the greedy side or prevents a lot of players from participating and trying the game; and then if the game is good then people will continue to subscribe and that subscription provides funding and revenue for the developers to continue a significant content creation and expansion rollout for the game. – Steven Sharif
- Subscriptions will begin at launch or, subject to change, a user may be able to choose to activate their subscription to start at a particular point in time.
There is no P2W in Apocalypse or the MMORPG!
- Intrepid Studios will be opening offices in Amsterdam to help support their publishing operations in the EU (European Union) and CIS regions.
We have learned a lot from our partnership with MY.GAMES, and we wish our friends there all the best as we have mutually decided to part ways. Looking ahead, we’re excited to announce that Intrepid Studios will be opening European offices in Amsterdam to help support our publishing operations in the EU/CIS regions. We have recently posted open positions for our new EU offices, and look forward to hiring the best and brightest in true Intrepid fashion. – Steven Sharif
- Ashes of Creation Apocalypse battle royale early access testing ended on March 10, 2020. It was previously available for download on the official website and on Steam.
- Interview, May 8, 2017 (22:06).
- Livestream, May 24, 2017 (40:50).
- Ashes of Creation FAQ: Where will your servers be?
- Reddit Q&A, 2019-01-8.
- Livestream, 2018-04-8 (AM) (26:41).
- Livestream, July 9, 2018 (47:54).
- Livestream, July 25, 2020 (1:21:03).
- Livestream, May 19, 2017 (37:03).
- Official Livestream - May 4th @ 3 PM PST - Q&A
- Livestream, September 27, 2018 (48:13).
- Livestream, November 19, 2021 (52:35).
- February 8, 2019 - Questions and Answers.
- Livestream, July 25, 2020 (1:06:43).
- Alpha-1 screenshot.
- Alpha-1 screenshot.
- Interview, July 19, 2020 (1:21:49).
- What languages will Ashes of Creation be in?
- Interview, August 24, 2018 (2:35).
- Livestream, May 17, 2017 (1:09:22).
- Livestream, May 24, 2017 (45:49).
- Interview, August 24, 2018 (3:19).
- Pre-order packs
- Livestream, May 4, 2018 (53:34).
- Livestream, July 25, 2020 (1:53:46).
- Livestream, February 26, 2021 (1:08:47).
- Livestream, October 31, 2018 (38:47).
- Blog: Steam Announce And Play Test FAQ For Ashes of Creation Apocalypse
- Livestream, September 1, 2018 (1:05:10).
- Interview, August 21, 2018 (11:20).
- Blog: New Adventure Awaits.