- Intrepid Studios will be opening offices in Amsterdam to help support their publishing operations in the EU (European Union) and CIS regions.
We have learned a lot from our partnership with MY.GAMES, and we wish our friends there all the best as we have mutually decided to part ways. Looking ahead, we’re excited to announce that Intrepid Studios will be opening European offices in Amsterdam to help support our publishing operations in the EU/CIS regions. We have recently posted open positions for our new EU offices, and look forward to hiring the best and brightest in true Intrepid fashion. – Steven Sharif
- Ashes of Creation Apocalypse battle royale early access testing ended on March 10, 2020. It was previously available for download on the official website and on Steam.
- The monthly subscription fee is USD $14.99.
- Lifetime subscriptions were granted to crowdfunding backers at the Braver of worlds level or higher.
I think a sub cost provides both the barrier of entry to prevent, some not all, but mitigate some gold selling bots and whatnot because there's a cost associated with playing the game, but it's also not too high that it gets on the greedy side or prevents a lot of players from participating and trying the game; and then if the game is good then people will continue to subscribe and that subscription provides funding and revenue for the developers to continue a significant content creation and expansion rollout for the game. – Steven Sharif
There is no P2W in Apocalypse or the MMORPG!
- Q: What does this mean for my Ashes of Creation account with MY.GAMES moving forward?
- A: In the coming weeks, we will announce the migration steps for moving your account to Intrepid Studios, rest assured all purchases and achievements will remain with your account.
- Q: What happens to my purchases on my MY.GAMES account moving forward?
- A: The purchases and achievements you have on your MY.GAMES account will be migrated to the Intrepid Studios account management system.
- Q: What happens if I already have both a MY.GAMES account and an Ashes of Creation account?
- A: If you currently own both an Intrepid Account and MY.GAMES account that you intend to migrate, you will be able to submit a support ticket and we will help to consolidate your accounts into one, if you so desire.
- Q: If I was a MY.GAMES customer, how can I purchase the individual monthly cosmetics that were not available through their website?
- A: If you owned a pre-order package during the time of a desired individual monthly cosmetic, you will be able to submit a ticket through our customer support system, where we will then verify your eligibility to purchase the cosmetics and help to facilitate that purchase.
- Q: What will I need to do to play on European or Russian servers in the future?
- A: You will need to ensure your migration in the coming weeks, and use your Intrepid account to access the game.
- Q: What does this mean for your regional and language support moving forward?
- A: Intrepid Studios will be working to ensure proper localization in our supported languages as we build out our publishing operations in the EU.
- Q: If I don't want to transfer or migrate my MY.GAMES account, can I get a refund?
- A: Any players who previously purchased their pre-order through MY.GAMES can submit a support request through MY.GAMES for a full refund.
- Q: What happens to my personal information associated with my MY.GAMES account?
- A: When you migrate your account to Intrepid Studios, you will also be migrating the personal information associated with your account. If you would like to request that MY.GAMES removes your personal information, please reach out to their support team directly here.
Pay to win
Ashes of Creation will not be pay to win, that is our pledge to the community. One of the core principles we set forth with Ashes of Creation is a very strong desire to maintain the game's even playing field.
A lot of developers and companies have come along in the past- and I've been hit by this too- and they've said we're not going to have pay-to-win and then boom they roll out some pay-to-win. We have consistently said we won't be pay-to-win and in the pre-orders that we provide and even in the Kickstarter there were absolutely zero pay-to-win components whatsoever. So not only will we talk the talk but we will walk the walk as well. – Steven Sharif
- Multiple accounts and multi-boxing on separate computers is not currently considered pay-to-win.
My definition of pay-to-win is really anything that affects the in-game economy, the in-game action pool, your abilities and/or skills... In my opinion the inventory slots and the XP potions would be considered pay-to-win. – Steven Sharif
- Q: Will there be RNG boxes?
- A: I dislike RNG. Archeage made me loath rng monetization gimmicks. – Steven Sharif
- Power, gear, ability levels and level cap will increase and new content will be added with expansions.
Because of the modularity of a lot of the systems that we're working on, it's not too hard to iterate and implement new things... We're planning on going on a quarterly/ monthly cycle to continue to push out new content. – Jeffrey Bard
The quarterly cycle for the big content is good for us and then, as you said, those modular components to our mechanisms in the game allow for us to introduce smaller content patches that can be seen in real time in the world. – Steven Sharif
We don't intend to a wordsmith around future charge for DLC content. As a subscription model, that's part of the agreement between us as a Studio and you guys: That there will be regularly scheduled updates and chapters; and that subscription is what allows you to access that content. – Steven Sharif
Cosmetic store (micro transactions)
- Equitable cosmetics, both from a quantity and quality standpoint, are achievable through in-game means.
- Nothing in the cosmetic store will be pay to win.
I want to incentivize purchase in the cosmetic shop for sustainability of what expansions we have intended, since we are not a box cost. I want to incentivize purchase by offering limited items: limited time, limited quantity, so you have confidence that when you purchase them, they won't be offered later on in some other way. – Steven Sharif
- Skins are cosmetic items that do not grant the user any benefit.
- Skins are only be able to be applied to things that have already been earned, crafted or found within Ashes of Creation.
- Different variants of store purchased cosmetic creatures may exist in the wild.
- Flavor text relates to the lore and background of creatures and items in the world of Verra.
- Costumes do not include any weapons pictured.
We plan to include a shop for micro transactions. The shop will only include cosmetic items. Nothing in our shop will ever be pay to win as we believe this practice greatly hurts the MMORPG genre.
- Alpha-0 and "Beta-0" are the invite-only "raffle" alpha and beta test phases.
- Alpha-1, Alpha-2, Beta-1, and Beta-2 were available for purchase during the Kickstarter and Summer crowdfunding campaigns.
- Alpha-1 was available in the Intrepid pre-order pack from the cosmetic store.
- Alpha-2 and Beta-2 were available during PAX West 2017.
- Alpha-2, Beta-1, and Beta-2 are currently available in Pre-order packs on the cosmetic store.
- Interview, 21 August 2018 (11:20).
- Blog: New Adventure Awaits.
- Pre-order packs
- Livestream, 4 May 2018 (53:34).
- Livestream, 25 July 2020 (1:21:03).
- Livestream, 25 July 2020 (1:53:46).
- Livestream, 31 October 2018 (38:47).
- Blog: Steam Announce And Play Test FAQ For Ashes of Creation Apocalypse
- Livestream, 1 September 2018 (1:05:10).
- Livestream, 25 July 2020 (48:28).
- Podcast, 4 August 2018 (1:57:56).
- Livestream, 8 May 2017 (11:14).
- Livestream, 17 August 2018 (1:02:38).
- Livestream, 26 June 2020 (1:26:54).
- Livestream, 1 June 2017 (19:12).
- Ashes of Creation cosmetic store.
- Livestream, 8 April 2018 (PM) (58:29).
- Rime and Regal
- Livestream, 6 December 2018 (41:43).
- Livestream, 28 June 2019 (1:25:55).
- Interview, 11 May 2018 (32:36).
- Kickstarter packages.
- MMOGAMES Interview, 8 September 2017.
- Intrepid pre-order pack.
- PAX West 2017 Alpha package.
- PAX West 2017 Beta package.