- There will be no region locking, but certain regions will have "harmonized" subscription prices that better reflect their local economies. Harmonized regions will be segregated from other regions.
- Certain regions will have "harmonized" subscription prices that better reflect their local economies. Harmonized regions will be segregated from other regions. – Ry Schueller
- Lifetime subscriptions were granted to crowdfunding backers at the Braver of worlds level or higher. These will never be available again.
- Subscriptions will begin at launch or, subject to change, a user may be able to choose to activate their subscription to start at a particular point in time.
- I think a sub cost provides both the barrier of entry to prevent, some not all, but mitigate some gold selling bots and whatnot because there's a cost associated with playing the game, but it's also not too high that it gets on the greedy side or prevents a lot of players from participating and trying the game; and then if the game is good then people will continue to subscribe and that subscription provides funding and revenue for the developers to continue a significant content creation and expansion rollout for the game. – Steven Sharif
- There is no P2W in Apocalypse or the MMORPG!
- In-game currency will not be able to be used to purchase subscription time. This may change in the future.
We want to make sure that there's no "interactability" between any type of pay-to-win scenario where our players can exchange those in-game types of currencies to pay for subscriptions. – Steven Sharif
- This only applies to purchases made with an applicable payment method. Purchases redeemed using Intrepid Bucks are not eligible.
- Personal information, including usernames, are not used for referrals due to privacy constraints.
- Referrals cannot be retroactively attached to an existing account.
- Purchase Embers.
- Reduce subscription costs (to zero).
- This only applies to the user's own subscription.
- Obtain cash rewards on a quarterly basis after Ashes of Creation has launched.
- The frequency and size of expansions will be based on the popularity and subscription base of the game.
- Larger expansions will add new content and increase various aspects of the game.
- New content will primarily be introduced through the node system. The goal is for existing content to remain relevant alongside the new content.
- Expansions provide an opportunity for the developers to evaluate ways to unlock content that was not readily experienced by players in the previous release.
- Each inflection point, which is those updates as expansions... you get to go back reevaluate. Hey, it seems like 89% of the servers out there never opened this door. Well, maybe the predicates were too granular. Maybe they were too focused. Maybe there's a reason why that didn't happen? Let's expand on that for the next expansion so that this content has an opportunity to come out and see the light of day. – Steven Sharif
Nobody should feel that they have to back the project to see it come to life. It's coming to life regardless of that. You do it because you want to support us and that's fine; and if you don't want to, that's also fine as well. We want to hear your voice and we want you to be part of the community, so that's a very important aspect. Nothing we offer in the pre-order packages are power driven. They don't give any competitive advantage to an individual who backs the game. – Steven Sharif
Pay to win
Ashes of Creation will not be pay to win, that is our pledge to the community. One of the core principles we set forth with Ashes of Creation is a very strong desire to maintain the game's even playing field.
A lot of developers and companies have come along in the past- and I've been hit by this too- and they've said we're not going to have pay-to-win and then boom they roll out some pay-to-win. We have consistently said we won't be pay-to-win and in the pre-orders that we provide and even in the Kickstarter there were absolutely zero pay-to-win components whatsoever. So not only will we talk the talk but we will walk the walk as well. – Steven Sharif
Because we are a non-box purchase game, meaning there is no box price to play Ashes of Creation, it is only a subscription; and that's beneficial because it reduces the barrier of entry and we want a high population obviously; but at the same time one of the ways we augment the revenue flows to sustain constant updates and new chapter releases and additional content within the game is through a cosmetic-only marketplace; and that means absolutely no pay-to-win whatsoever; and that will be adhered to forever. – Steven Sharif
- There will not be level boosts or auto-leveling.
- There will not be a loot box system in Ashes of Creation.
We will not use a loot box system for cosmetics either. We currently have a cosmetic store that offers limited time, limited quantity items to help sustain game development. These items are purely decorative and do not offer any in-game benefits.
- Multiple accounts and multi-boxing on separate computers is not currently considered pay-to-win.
My definition of pay-to-win is really anything that affects the in-game economy, the in-game action pool, your abilities and/or skills... In my opinion the inventory slots and the XP potions would be considered pay-to-win. – Steven Sharif
- Q: Will there be RNG boxes?
- A: I dislike RNG. Archeage made me loath rng monetization gimmicks. – Steven Sharif
Player housing grace period
- Pre-order packs
- Livestream, May 4, 2018 (53:34).
- Livestream, July 25, 2020 (1:21:03).
- Livestream, February 26, 2021 (1:08:47).
- Livestream, July 25, 2020 (1:53:46).
- Livestream, October 31, 2018 (38:47).
- Blog: Steam Announce And Play Test FAQ For Ashes of Creation Apocalypse
- Ashes of Creation referral program.
- Livestream, June 1, 2017 (20:47).
- Interview, February 7, 2021 (21:57).
- Livestream, May 8, 2017 (11:14).
- Livestream, August 17, 2018 (1:02:38).
- Livestream, June 26, 2020 (1:26:54).
- Interview, June 13, 2021 (42:22).
- Interview, July 9, 2023 (1:02:27).
- Livestream, December 23, 2021 (1:23:41).
- Livestream, November 30, 2020 (56:02).
- Livestream, July 25, 2020 (48:28).
- Podcast, August 4, 2018 (1:57:56).
- Interview, June 13, 2021 (48:27).
- Livestream, May 24, 2017 (42:22).