- The monthly subscription fee is USD $15.
- Lifetime subscriptions were granted to crowdfunding backers at the Braver of worlds level or higher.
This allows us to avoid the pay to win mentality many free-to-play games employ, as well as maintain a steady flow of new content for all our players.
There is no P2W in Apocalypse or the MMORPG!
- In-game currency will not be able to be used to purchase subscription time. This may change in the future.
We want to make sure that there's no "interactability" between any type of pay-to-win scenario where our players can exchange those in-game types of currencies to pay for subscriptions. – Steven Sharif
- Purchase Embers.
- Reduce subscription costs (to zero).
- Obtain cash rewards on a quarterly basis after Ashes of Creation has launched.
- Power, gear, ability levels and level cap will increase and new content will be added with expansions.
Because of the modularity of a lot of the systems that we're working on, it's not too hard to iterate and implement new things... We're planning on going on a quarterly/ monthly cycle to continue to push out new content. – Jeffrey Bard
The quarterly cycle for the big content is good for us and then, as you said, those modular components to our mechanisms in the game allow for us to introduce smaller content patches that can be seen in real time in the world. – Steven Sharif
We don't intend to a wordsmith around future charge for DLC content. As a subscription model, that's part of the agreement between us as a Studio and you guys: That there will be regularly scheduled updates and chapters; and that subscription is what allows you to access that content. – Steven Sharif
Pay to win
"Ashes of Creation will not be pay to win, that is our pledge to the community. One of the core principles we set forth with Ashes of Creation is a very strong desire to maintain the game's even playing field."
- Q: Will there be RNG boxes?
- A: I dislike RNG. Archeage made me loath rng monetization gimmicks. – Steven Sharif
My definition of pay to win is really anything that affects the in-game economy, the in-game action pool, your abilities and/or skills... In my opinion the inventory slots and the XP potions would be considered pay to win. – Steven Sharif
Player housing grace period
- Pre-order packs
- Livestream, 4 May 2018 (53:34).
- Livestream, 31 October 2018 (38:47).
- Blog: Steam Announce And Play Test FAQ For Ashes of Creation Apocalypse
- Livestream, 1 September 2018 (1:05:10).
- Ashes of Creation referral program.
- Livestream, 1 June 2017 (20:47).
- Livestream, 8 May 2017 (11:14).
- Livestream, 17 August 2018 (9:33).
- Livestream, 26 June 2020 (1:26:54).
- Livestream, 1 June 2017 (19:12).
- Livestream, 17 August 2018 (32:31).
- Podcast, 4 August 2018 (1:57:56).
- Livestream, 24 May 2017 (42:22).