Marketplaces are constructible node buildings that are available for placement by mayors of any Town (stage 4) node or higher. These are distinct from a market, which is the unique node building that unlocks at Village (stage 3) of Economic nodes.
- Marketplaces grant certain trade benefits as well as player stalls that the citizens may participate in.
These are buildings that the mayor has agency over determining whether or not they should be a constructed project. Constructible buildings can be selected at open plots that are gained as the as the node advances. If they elect to begin construction of one of these types of buildings- one of which is the marketplace- it'll grant certain trade benefits as well as some stalls that the citizens may participate in. – Steven Sharif
Player stalls (also called Kiosks and rental stalls) are rentable locations near the unique building in an Economic node or in Marketplaces (the constructible building available for placement by mayors of any Town (stage 4) node or higher).
All nodes do have the ability to spawn player stalls. If you're not an economic node and you don't have a market- that's essentially your unique building- then you can construct essentially what is I guess would be called a... marketplace; and that marketplace will then come with certain services and it will come with a certain number of stalls. The economic node as I recall has the ability to construct an auction house and the auction house serves through the economic means the ability to list and sell items and that comes with additional stalls as well for the players. – Steven Sharif
- Player stalls are rentable by node citizens.
- Player stalls may be utilized for a period of time based on the price paid to rent the stall.
- Player stalls are linked to a player's warehouse.
- Players are not able to be attacked or robbed while occupying their player stall inside the limits of a node.
- Player stalls do not require the attendance of the character or for that character to be online.
- Bulletin boards that list the items available in player stalls can be accessed from anywhere in the region.
- These give the location of the stall so players can travel there and purchase the items.
- Stall sales are also listed in auction houses.
- This may no longer be accurate.
- Players are able to input required items for repair and also purchase required materials for that repair.
- Player stalls may still operate during node siege declaration. This is subject to testing.
Markets in Ashes of Creation are regional, which means that each market has its own character. Because resources will shift locations as they’re exhausted, this will keep people moving about the world, seeking out the best resources for their crafting builds, and the best markets for their goods.
- There will be no central auction house or warehouse.
- There will be item decay (material sinks), deconstruction mechanics and other gold sinks to combat inflation.
- There will be player to player trading.
One major feature in our economy that differs from most fantasy style MMOs is that we're not approaching it from a global scale. Rather, we're trying to carve the world up into regions and make each one focus independently, while of course at the same time working together. – Peter Pilone
- Interview, 8 July 2020 (55:05).
- Livestream, 19 May 2017 (33:57).
- Ashes of Creation Instagram, 19 August 2020.
- Livestream, 29 May 2020 (1:00:57).
- Livestream, 30 May 2019 (1:26:16).
- Livestream, 5 May 2017 (16:36).
- Livestream, 30 October 2020 (1:04:59).
- Livestream, 16 October 2017 (59:39).
- Livestream, 5 May 2017 (35:16).
- Livestream, 31 July 2020 (1:34:06).
- Livestream, 30 October 2020 (1:06:09).
- Ashes of Creation Press Kit.
- Video, 30 April 2017 (8:02).
- Unreal Engine Interview, 23 May 2017.
- Podcast, 11 April 2021 (31:02).
- Livestream, 5 May 2017 (10:47).
- Livestream, 15 May 2017 (10:32).
- Livestream, 18 January 2018 (46:56).
- Video, 30 April 2017 (6:54).
- Livestream, 26 March 2021 (43:55).