- Merchant NPCs are identified by a golden shimmer on their nameplates.
- Merchant NPCs will in general be able to buy items from players.
List of items sold by merchants
- Tavern NPCs sell food, drinks, and other crafted items that have been made for that tavern. Consuming these items will grant buffs for a period of time, providing the character remains in proximity to the tavern.
Artisan classes timeline
In Alpha One the core basics of what crafting represents as a gameplay loop that is represented. So that means that there are gatherables out there. You will have to have tools in order to service those gatherables. There will be processing that's necessary; and then there's crafting stations that are available and can be constructed by the players. This is in Alpha One. You have to collect the recipes, you have to collect the materials, and you have to refine the materials; and then you have to create the reagents and then use those to kind of create the final crafting component of that you're trying to create. So that in and of itself is present, but it is a very very small piece of really what will be the larger crafting puzzle for Alpha 2 and betas. – Steven Sharif
- Approximately 10 percent of the artisan system will be online in Alpha-1. The core basics of the artisan gameplay loop will be facilitated via the merchant (NPC) system.
Crafting honestly will not come online in any sense of its true form until Alpha-2. Alpha-1 has essentially what are intended to be the core gameplay loop of crafting, meaning the collection of materials, the translation of those materials into processed goods, and the use of those processed goods into item acquisition. That's the core gameplay loop that is currently present in Alpha-1. But those are mostly facilitated kind of piggy backing the merchant systems right now and not actually using the real crafting system; and that's because crafting hasn't been completed in a form that can be implemented in Alpha-1, but will be for Alpha-2. What's present in Alpha-1 doesn't even really scratch the surface for crafting. – Steven Sharif
|Player stalls||Personal shops||Auction houses|
- Livestream, 28 March 2020 (50:57).
- Blog - Know Your Nodes - The Basics.
- Video, 31 May 2020 (5:25).
- Livestream, 29 January 2021 (1:11:29).
- Livestream, 4 June 2018 (14:13).
- Livestream, 26 March 2021 (42:28).
- Interview, 7 February 2021 (35:30).
- Livestream, 30 April 2021 (41:18).
- Livestream, 5 May 2017 (16:36).
- Livestream, 31 July 2020 (1:34:06).
- Livestream, 16 October 2017 (59:39).
- Livestream, 30 May 2019 (1:26:16).
- Interview, 8 July 2020 (55:05).
- Know Your Nodes: Economic Node Type.
- Livestream, 30 October 2020 (1:03:52).
- Livestream, 30 October 2020 (1:04:59).
- Livestream, 5 May 2017 (35:16).
- Interview, 8 July 2020 (57:46).
- Livestream, 30 April 2020 (1:14:44).