Racial weapons and armor
- The customization of equipment per race is really focused on Armor sets not Weapon props. Weapon props will, from a model standpoint, will translate pretty one-to-one across the races. – Steven Sharif
- Racial appearance of gear is focused on Armor. Weapons will not change in appearance but will scale in size based on race.
- Let's say for example you have the Eagle set or something, right: The Eagle set has in art, it has a thematic design that's going to include certain attachments to the armor. It's going to include color palette and theme. It's going to have some aspects to it that define it as the Eagle set, right. When a Elf wears the Eagle set or when an Orc wears the Eagle set, you obviously have two different cultures there; and you don't want to stomp out that culture by assigning a de facto 'This is the Eagle set and this is how it looks on everybody.' What we want to have is cultural influences play a role in showing how that set looks. – Steven Sharif
- When you say, what if I'm an Orc but want to look like an Elf and I want my Eagle set to be the Elf representation? Well the issue becomes there that you know Orcs have a different organic model. You know, their body is different than that of the Elf. So, from a scope-creep standpoint, it's one thing to add different influences that represent the cultures that are donning the armor; it's another thing to adapt each influence as a matrix that can be worn pretty much by everything. From a scope perspective, that's a very difficult task for the character artists to kind of tackle. So instead what we've done is, in order to facilitate a variety of cultural representation between the races but allow for the sharing of assets like different armor sets, we give different representations of those armor sets to each race. – Steven Sharif
Racial gear appearance
- There will not be "oversized" weapons.
- Armor will not be overly sexual in appearance.
- I'm more of the mind that it wouldn't really serve a purpose to have bikini plate armor, just in like reality, if you're going to have armor, it should be protective. I think from a fashion statement is enjoyable for some people, but it's a kind of an immersive issue. – Steven Sharif
- Some armor and costumes will be more revealing than others, but there will not be nudity in the game.
Each race is getting its custom geo pieces, which then will share thematic components such as color palette, attachments, design filigree. Those types of things will get shared across the geo but generally you're going to see unique races with unique geo. – Steven Sharif
- Cosmetics can be used by all races but there may be slight variations to make them work with the body builds of each race.
- There are rules when applying cosmetics to specific items, unlike costumes, which don't have level restrictions.
- Cosmetic slots can be toggled on or off by the player.
- A "default player appearance" may be automatically applied during sieges or other large scale battles to improve client-side performance.
- Cosmetics, whether purchased from the shop or earned in game, are an important component of MMORPGS I personally enjoy; and there's a lot of collectors out there who spend a great deal of time either in-game achieving these things or spend money purchasing them from the cosmetic only marketplace; and we don't want to demean or reduce that achievement or that expenditure. So it's going to be situational where the default appearance will be applied and can be activated. – Steven Sharif
- Racial skins transform the race of the character to that skin. The original racial appearance of the character is entirely replaced.
- Racial skins can be toggled on and off.
There are plans to create other racial skins.
- Some potential future ideas include undead and werewolf (lycan) skins.
- Video, September 30, 2020 (2:44).
- Livestream, September 30, 2020 (47:47).
- Livestream, July 26, 2019 (54:06).
- Livestream, March 31, 2022 (4:57).
- Livestream, May 26, 2017 (44:11).
- Livestream, May 26, 2017 (20:46).
- Podcast, August 4, 2018 (53:43).
- Livestream, October 28, 2022 (1:41:06).
- Podcast, August 4, 2018 (55:17).
- Livestream, May 29, 2020 (50:20).
- Livestream, May 26, 2017 (19:51).
- Reddit Q&A, 2019-01-8.
- Livestream, December 23, 2021 (1:34:07).
- Livestream, September 24, 2021 (1:25:27).
- Livestream, July 18, 2017 (54:56).
- Livestream, July 28, 2017 (9:47).
- Livestream, October 30, 2020 (1:13:22).
- Livestream, November 30, 2020 (1:05:22).
- Livestream, May 24, 2017 (24:19).
- Livestream, September 3, 2017 (48:56).
- Interview, August 24, 2018 (5:28).
- Livestream, November 17, 2017 (22:33).
- Livestream, November 30, 2020 (57:50).
- Livestream, February 9, 2018 (50:29).
- Livestream, July 25, 2020 (54:10).
- Livestream, November 22, 2019 (1:08:05).
- Livestream, May 12, 2017 (1:04:04).
- Livestream, May 29, 2020 (1:42:43).
- Kickstarter 12k+ backers.
- February 8, 2019 - Questions and Answers.
- Livestream, 2018-04-8 (AM) (4:47).