Add the Ashes of Creation Wiki Bot to your Discord server.
We want there to be a lot of room for people to manifest their own identity, to role play how they want to from an appearance standpoint. There's going to be parameters within which you will be able to customize a character. We want the culture and the identity of the races to exist in a range that makes them easily identifiable from other players and other cultures. So, because of that, we have to have a spectrum you can exist on. There will be a lot of hair variants you can do, body art tattoos that you can apply. You'll be able to play with the scales of the facial structure, the bones, the height, width, the body fat percentage. You'll be able to add body hair on different parts of the body. If you want to have hair on your feet, you can dial that up. – Steven Sharif
- Character models are focused on realism.
- A player will see a generic character before customization.
- Character designs will have influences from a wide range of cultures, such as European, African and Asian.
- Lolis will not be in the game.
- Body type.
- Overweight, skinny, muscular.
- Body fat percentage.
- Bone structure.
- You can't have a one inch tall character.
- There will be "boobie sliders".
- The scale is not going to be ridiculous.
- Facial structure.
- Hair variants.
- Eye color.
- Skin color.
- Facial hair.
- Body art.
- These are relative to the character's race.
I'm more of the mind that it wouldn't really serve a purpose to have bikini plate armor, just in like reality, if you're going to have armor, it should be protective. I think from a fashion statement is enjoyable for some people, but it's a kind of an immersive issue. – Steven Sharif
- Cosmetics can be used by all races but there may be slight variations to make them work with the body builds of each race.
- There are rules when applying cosmetics to specific items, unlike costumes, which don't have level restrictions.
- Cosmetic slots can be toggled on or off by the player.
- A "default player appearance" may be automatically applied during sieges or other large scale battles to improve client-side performance.
A character's voice may be able to be selected from preset options.
- Create and save characters for use in the full game.
- This was previously slated for Alpha-1.
As we develop our character creation screen we'll implement that into arena mode. So can create characters there, save those characters. When you make a character in Ashes you can port over that save. – Steven Sharif
I would like to have the option for players to go in spend time, create characters save that character and then have it available in their suite their character creation suite as an option to preload at launch that they can take that's those settings and launch the character. I would love for there to be community rewards and competitions for the best made characters that we could do like a monthly kind of thing around and/or additionally I'd like for there to be implementation of housing and a housing suite that you can save your furniture load out as well for building out the interior of housing. I don't know if we'll be able to get to that. It is a cherry on top of the icing. And we'll see how the schedule looks with that regard. – Steven Sharif
Ashes of Creation Apocalypse character appearance
Dünir dwarven appearance
- Tulnar race does not have sub-types, instead, players will be able to customize the appearance of Tulnar characters.
- Players will have dials to adjust the reptilian, mammalian, humanoid, and other attributes of their Tulnar character in the Character creator.
- Tulnar do not equal furries.
- There are bestial components that can be scaled up when creating a Tulnar character.
Tulnar do not equal furries, but there are definitely some bestial components that you can scale up when you're creating your Tulnar character, so you could max that setting I guess. Whether or not that would give you what you would think of as a furry, I guess it's going to be up to your interpretation of what a Furry is. – Steven Sharif
- Q: Will character creator allow us to make Tulnar that might look somewhat like Kobolds from Pathfinder or DnD?
- A: I wouldn't say exactly, but there's definitely elements of Kobolds that you could incorporate in a character creator with the Tulnar, yes. – Steven Sharif
- Eye color.
- Skin color.
- Hair color.
Cosmetic items that produce in-game cosmetic effects will also be available.
- What a character looks like.
- Achievements and server firsts.
- Info on a player's class.
- Character's back story via journal entries (that are shared publicly by the player).
- Traits can be applied that describe a character's history.
You will have a unique homepage for each character and that homepage will be able to be customized by the user to display unique information. It will have a small out-of-game RPG component where you can construct background and traits and stuff like that. – Steven Sharif
That's part of the character sheet desire for us which hopefully will be accessible in game as well by opening a browser through our UI where you can get back history of a character that that character has input themselves into journal entries that they may choose to share with others... For role play perspective we want people to be in depth with their characters. – Steven Sharif
The player can manage what info is shown on the character page.
- All of the art assets in Ashes of Creation Apocalypse battle royale testing mode have been created by Intrepid Studios.
We can push the limits a little bit on the graphical fidelity, especially using Unreal Engine 4... My desire was not to see very cartoony games. I'm not a big fan of highly stylized art. – Steven Sharif
- Livestream, 30 April 2020 (46:51).
- Livestream, 30 October 2020 (46:22).
- Ashes of Creation Twitter.
- Livestream, 29 January 2021 (1:04:00).
- Livestream, 8 April 2018 (PM) (13:39).
- Livestream, 8 may 2017 (47:35).
- Livestream, 15 May 2017 (51:19).
- Livestream, 30 june 2017 (11:21).
- Livestream, 30 june 2017 (10:04).
- Livestream, 30 june 2017 (12:39).
- Livestream, 30 june 2017 (13:13).
- Livestream, 30 April 2020 (1:10:46).
- Livestream, 22 May 2017 (54:32).
- Livestream, 30 june 2017 (10:27).
- Livestream, 24 May 2017 (48:45).
- Livestream, 25 July 2020 (1:11:52).
- Livestream, 8 May 2017 (48:49).
- Livestream, 24 May 2017 (28:22).
- Livestream, 25 July 2020 (54:10).
- Livestream, November 22 2019 (1:08:05).
- Livestream, 17 August 2018 (1:07:51).
- Livestream, 29 May 2020 (50:20).
- Livestream, 26 May 2017 (19:51).
- Reddit Q&A, 8 January 2019.
- Podcast, 4 August 2018 (53:43).
- Livestream, 18 July 2017 (54:56).
- Livestream, 28 July 2017 (9:47).
- Livestream, 30 October 2020 (1:13:22).
- Livestream, 3 September 2017 (48:56).
- Livestream, 30 November 2020 (1:05:22).
- Livestream, 24 May 2017 (24:19).
- Interview, 24 August 2018 (5:28).
- Livestream, 17 November 2017 (22:33).
- Livestream, 30 November 2020 (57:50).
- Livestream, 9 February 2018 (50:29).
- Livestream, 30 June 2017 (09:43).
- Livestream, 26 May 2017 (53:40).
- Livestream, 26 July 2019 (1:10:44).
- Livestream, 1 September 2018 (1:05:10).
- Livestream, 31 October 2018 (40:31).
- Interview, 8 August 2018 (30:51).
- Livestream, 30 May 2017 (16:51).
- Livestream, 28 July 2017 (20:17).
- Livestream, 30 June 2017 (15:10).
- Livestream, 23 August 2017 (31:29).
- Interview, 15 April 2019 (20:15).
- Livestream, 8 April 2018 (AM) (3:12).
- Interview, 22 April 2019 (58:20).
- Livestream, 26 May 2017 (32:14).
- Livestream, 22 May 2017 (58:51).
- Livestream, 17 November 2017 (13:59).
- Interview, 8 August 2018 (28:50).
- Interview, 24 August 2018 (6:30).
- Interview, 20 October 2018 (2:17:43).
- Interview, 20 October 2018 (2:28:08).