- Dungeons completed.
- Raids completed.
- PvP kills.
- Caravans raided.
- Gathering activity.
- We have many dreams that we want to do with game-to-web and game-to-mobile in regards to showing stats and being making things shareable for you. We know how social media works; how sharing content with friends works. But those things will come in due time. – Margaret Krohn
When the guild participates in guild wars or they participate in sieges, you'll be able to climb the ranks of your inter-guild ladder as well so you get bragging rights amongst your friends. – Steven Sharif
- Titles can be received from arena play.
- Other rewards will be revealed at a later time.
- Arena points that can be used to buy gear is not currently in the design.
Performance in various PvP systems (such as Caravans, Arenas, Guild wars) is measured over the course of 6 month PvP seasons. At the end of each season, a player's cumulative score may unlock various rewards.
- Number of successful siege defenses.
- Number of successful siege assaults.
- Number of PvP kills.
- Number of PvP deaths.
- Raid participation points.
- Number of firsts.
Visibility of those types of things on the server help to promote a competitive atmosphere. If there is an attainable impression that you can work towards, so that others know your success, you have more drive to succeed. – Steven Sharif
- This design may have changed.
- We're gonna keep track of the history of the world so that we can tell people the story up to the current day. A player who's brand new, who's come in at the six-month mark can take a look at each server, what each server has done, how each server has tackled the storyline; and they can decide for themselves what community they want to join; what version of the world that they want to take part in. – Jeffrey Bard
- Scribes may be able to collect and record information about the events of the world as they see it from their point of view.
- We're going to leverage tech that captures at the moment when something server-first is done in the story arc; and those will be recorded on these memory fragments that players can collect within the game through their experiences and relive potentially. – Steven Sharif
- Information about the world will be presented directly to players through the world map UI. Previously the Library was used to access information about the world, such as the history of significant narrative events, locations of gatherable resources, dungeons, and POIs.
- In the past we talked about having a library that was capable of facilitating players exchanging information for map data like that, but we've moved a little bit more in a direction of just presenting that information up front to the player, because travel is such a meaningful portion of the game and we don't have fast travel. So, I think that for Alpha-2 what's planned is that we're going to be showcasing the intricate details of services offered at these node locations from just a UI presentation standpoint within the map. – Steven Sharif
Players can use the Library to access information, including (but not limited to) the following:
- Livestream, May 31, 2023 (2:21).
- Livestream, July 18, 2017 (58:50).
- Livestream, May 15, 2017 (44:10).
- Livestream, June 25, 2021 (1:12:37).
- Interview, July 29, 2020 (14:28).
- Livestream, August 23, 2017 (16:44).
- Livestream, September 24, 2021 (1:22:46).
- Podcast, May 11, 2018 (52:20).
- Interview, July 18, 2020 (16:34).
- Podcast, August 4, 2018 (1:47:21).
- Kickstarter packages.
- Blog: Know Your Nodes - Scientific Node Type
- Interview, April 20, 2018 (9:20).
- Livestream, September 29, 2023 (1:14:29).
- Livestream, May 26, 2017 (51:37).
- Livestream, January 27, 2023 (4:18).