- Aquatic mounts.
- Underwater dungeons.
- Island chains.
- Naval caravans.
- PvP objectives.
- Trade routes.
- Treasure hunting.
Mariner classes (also referred to as boatsmanship classes, boatsman skills or seamanship) contain different skill trees arranged in a similar manner to Artisan classes. As a player gains experience in these different skills they become more adept at using them.
- Boat repair
- Ship components
- Defensive skills
- Utility based skills
You can spec into and kind of create your own class based on what things you're doing on the boat... It's gonna be very similar to in structure to like the artisanship trees, so you'll you'll have your mariner class: You'll have different trees in that class. – Jeffrey Bard
You can summon your ships up but you'll need to summon them from land, which means that if something happens to your armada out at sea you won't have backups to just summon immediately in the middle of the fight... They'll have to do so from shore somewhere from some port or harbor. – Steven Sharif
- Speed, Hit points, and Damage abilities.
- Aesthetic customization.
We are toying with the idea right now of having a caravan transform through the use of an ability – and some delay period – into a trade ship at the coast should you wish to move into the water. – Steven Sharif
Naval combat involves different types of Ships with varying capabilities, armaments and roles to play out on the high seas. There will be a balance and counterbalance between ships from PvP and PvE perspectives.
Certain ships can be hijacked. Trade ships can not be hijacked. The cargo on a trade ship will be similar to caravans in that the ship must be destroyed in order to capture the loot from its wreckage.
- These nodes will have specific water oriented influences and abilities, services, questlines, that relate to the seas.
- It may be possible to siege a coastal city by sea.
- Harbors will likely grant quests that are related to naval content.
- Harbors will provide a number of services including upgrades to boats.
There will be harbors that boats can go inside of those will be present along the coast. Harbors can pop up as a result of a node being developed nearby, if it's near the coast or if a node itself is on the coast it can have a harbor component to it. There will likely be quests that are granted from this harbor, specifically with regards to the sea and sea content; and what you can do in this harbor will be a lot of different things including upgrades to the boats. – Steven Sharif
- There won't be nodes underwater or in the water.
- Video, 9 November 2017 (0:01).
- Livestream, 17 May 2017 (30:53).
- Livestream, 23 August 2017 (28:22).
- Kickstarter - We Just Broke $1,500,000!
- Livestream, 9 July 2018 (36:05).
- Ashes of Creation Store: Tea transport.
- Livestream, 28 July 2017 (47:53).
- Podcast, 11 May 2018 (11:51).
- Livestream, 19 May 2017 (50:45).
- Interview, 17 August 2018 (36:29).
- Livestream, 8 April 2018 (AM) (15:46).
- Livestream, 24 May 2017 (30:09).
- Livestream, 8 April 2018 (PM) (1:20:03).
- Livestream, 17 August 2018 (58:53).
- Livestream, 8 April 2018 (PM) (1:01:28).
- Livestream, 19 May 2017 (37:51).
- Livestream, 9 July 2018 (30:35).
- Livestream, 8 April 2018 (AM) (18:29).