Character limits (slots)
- Allow testing of different builds as needed
- Provide equipment needed to test various scenarios
Player housing and alts
|Apartments||Instanced.||Town stage and higher.||One per server.|
|Freeholds||Open world.||Village stage and higher.||One per account.|
|Static housing||In-node.||Village stage and higher.||One per server.|
- Q: If I put an alt on a different server I could have like in node housing or like at least an instanced house?
- A: Correct, yes. – Steven Sharif
Node citizenship and alts
- Citizenship tickets may also grant citizenship to certain node stages. This mechanic will be decided based on testing.
We want these places to be populated and people to be attracted to them and so right now we think housing is enough for that. But we don't want to design ourselves into a corner where we don't have any other options, so the hope is that yes citizenship will be only gained through housing; with our caveat that if that doesn't work well we'll change it. – Jeffrey Bard
- A player can only claim citizenship to one node at a time.
- Only one citizenship may be declared per account, per server.
- This may have changed to one citizenship per account.
Your account is bound to one declared citizenship per server, which means that if you have two alts and your main character on one server you may only be a citizen of one node between those three... If you have an alt on a different server, it could be a citizen of a node as well. – Steven Sharif
Changing citizenship has a cooldown of two weeks.
You can declare citizenship to only one node and when you declare that citizenship. Let's say for example, one guild perhaps wanting to kind of take all their members and have them all declare the same citizenship to a location. The longer a node exists the higher the prize it is to take and some systems with regards to crafting progression and/or rewards and bonuses or the reliquary that we haven't really touched on a lot, those systems are going to be so enticing that from an incentive standpoint it will compel other groups to either potentially break alliances or siege the city in order to take the goods that are potentially in it. So, from an incentive standpoint we have that at play. Additionally, we don't have a cap per-se that we've announced yet on the citizenship aspect of being in a node, but we do have soft caps. It becomes costlier the higher number of citizens each time one new person wants to join to be part of a node. So, there is sort of a soft cap on how many citizens one node can have and it might be that not all in the guild can participate in that area. So, there's kind of a natural divide: A pseudo faction, so to speak between who is a part of that node and who is not. – Steven Sharif
Artisan classes and alts
Artisan classes do not allow a character to become a master of all. Players must choose a path in the artisan skill tree for each character. Branching into specific paths allows the player an opportunity to specialize in certain areas. This encourages player inter-dependency, enhancing the artisan experience.
- Choice of profession does not affect a player's stats.
- Characters within a single account (Alts) may have different professions.
Player to player trading
- Banking between characters will likely be restricted to Furniture and completed items.
- A warehouse ability may enable a player to transfer non-material goods between alternate characters. This excludes resources, materials or anything that relies on the caravan system.
- Cosmetic skins.
- Moving items between characters, where they are only applicable to one character at a time.
- Livestream, 15 May 2017 (18:25).
- Livestream, 15 May 2017 (19:15).
- Livestream, 24 May 2017 (57:00).
- Node series part II – the Metropolis.
- Interview, 11 May 2018 (50:47).
- Livestream, 9 July 2018 (27:12).
- MMOGames interview, January 2017
- Livestream, 19 May 2017 (53:24).
- Interview, 11 May 2018 (50:05).
- Interview, 20 October 2018 (2:36).
- Video, 5 April 2018 (41:48).
- Livestream, 26 May 2017 (44:52).
- Livestream, 24 May 2017 (32:07).
- Livestream, 5 May 2017 (6:12).
- Livestream, 18 July 2017 (37:25).
- Ashes of Creation - The visuals.
- Livestream, 15 May 2017 (10:32).
- Livestream, 18 January 2018 (46:56).
- Livestream, 28 June 2019 (1:23:31).
- Livestream, 8 April 2018 (AM) (23:18).
- Livestream, 26 May 2017 (18:10).