A simple, but indispensable item for many Niküa fisherman, this sturdy construct of leather and fur is reinforced by a layer of polished scales, offering the girdle great resilience to oceanic conditions. Experience has taught the Niküa that angling often requires the right tool for the occasion, and the wide variety of hooks and bait aims to ensure every outing will yield a bounty.
- Expeditionary pre-order pack: Aug 2020 - Sep 2020
- Voyager plus pre-order pack: Aug 2020 - Sep 2020
- Voyager pre-order pack: Aug 2020 - Sep 2020
- Wayfarer pre-order pack: Aug 2020 - Sep 2020
Items on back and belt
Items attached to a character's back or belt represent items they are in possession of. Players can set the appearance priority for the items they wish to show. Only one item can show at a time, and that is determined by player choice.
The idea is to kind of move away from the mundane kind of application of belts in previous MMOs where they don't really have a lot of character so to speak. But in reality you know as an adventurer you come with a lot of tools and things that you have to use out in the wild in order to achieve what you're trying to achieve. So we wanted to kind of represent that on your character and give you something that can actually be tangible for your character and see there. I think it adds a lot of character and flavor to your identity. – Steven Sharif
All skin cosmetic items are cosmetic items only and do not grant the user any other benefit. The lore text is flavor text, and background of the creatures and items in the world of Verra.
- Equitable cosmetics, both from a quantity and quality standpoint, are achievable through in-game means. Cosmetics achievable in-game will be on-par, and in the case of legendary skins, even more elaborate than shop items.
I want to make sure that equitable cosmetics both from a quantity and quality standpoint are achievable through in-game achievements. Time, effort should let you be happy with what you can accomplish. – Steven Sharif
- There will be legendary cosmetics that are only achievable in-game that will never be offered in the cosmetic shop.
- There will not be recolors or material swaps on the monthly cosmetics as a means to populate in-game achievements.
From an armor standpoint, we cut armor sets up into many different pieces. These pieces can sometimes be used as part of other sets, that may include helmets, wrists, gloves etc. So while you will not see an achievable white version of the corvid castigator set in the game for example, you may see its shoulder piece used in another set, or its leggings, or wrist piece used in another set (not every piece as to form the whole set, but perhaps a couple pieces). This would be difficult to notice at first glance, due to the material, texture and color variation used, but this modular approach to content creation makes achieving a wide variety of looks achievable for an MMORPG of our size. – Steven Sharif
- Cosmetics can be used by all races but there may be slight variations to make them work with the body builds of each race.
- There will not be mascot looking/furry cosmetics.
It's important to remember, Ashes is a NO-BOX COST subscription only game, with an optional cosmetic marketplace. This achieves a few things from a monetization model. Having a lower barrier to entry for players to try the game when they don't have to fork out $60 for the box price is good, our box price is 0$. This also places an emphasis on the game's retention and our continual updates and content creation to keep players playing and staying subscribed (a put your money where your mouth is sort of philosophy for us as a company). It also means players don't have to spend $60 everytime there is an expansion. – Steven Sharif
Is there an answer that satisfies everyone? Nope. And that's ok. We are open and transparent with our philosophies and business model. You know what you are getting with Ashes and to me, given my experiences in other games, it is a nice breath of fresh air. – Steven Sharif
- Equitable cosmetics, both from a quantity and quality standpoint, are achievable through in-game means.
- Nothing in the cosmetic store will be pay to win.
Nothing in our shop will ever be pay to win as we believe this practice greatly hurts the MMORPG genre.
- Cash shop cosmetics will offer a diverse selection of unique looks.
I want to incentivize purchase in the cosmetic shop for sustainability of what expansions we have intended, since we are not a box cost. I want to incentivize purchase by offering limited items: limited time, limited quantity, so you have confidence that when you purchase them, they won't be offered later on in some other way. – Steven Sharif
- All cosmetic store items will be non-tradeable. There will be no gifting mechanism for cosmetic items.
- Skins are cosmetic items that do not grant the user any benefit.
- Skins are only be able to be applied to things that have already been earned, crafted or found within Ashes of Creation.
- Flavor text relates to the lore and background of creatures and items in the world of Verra.
- Costumes do not include any weapons pictured.
- Caravan skins change the appearance of an in-game mount and in-game caravan that are hooked up to each other.
- Ashes of Creation Store: Berylscale Band.
- Livestream, 30 May 2019 (1:09:13).
- Livestream, 4 June 2018 (19:48).
- Livestream, 30 January 2020 (49:08).
- Rime and Regal
- Ashes of Creation Reddit - Heat and Harmony.
- Livestream, 8 May 2017 (48:52).
- Livestream, 8 April 2018 (PM) (58:29).
- Livestream, 25 July 2020 (1:53:46).
- Livestream, 28 June 2019 (1:25:55).
- Livestream, 26 June 2020 (1:42:55).
- Podcast, 15 November 2020 (49:02).
- Ashes of Creation cosmetic store.
- Interview, 11 May 2018 (32:36).
- Ashes of Creation Store: Berylscale Band.
- Livestream, 30 November 2020 (56:02).
- Livestream, 6 December 2018 (41:43).
- Livestream, 30 November 2020 (58:24).