Ochre Legion Dragon
As you guys know in the MMO you know you'll be able to fly this thing if you're a guild leader of one of the castles owned in the game or if you're a mayor of a Metropolis... I think it's the Ochre Legion Dragon. – Steven Sharif
The dragon will have a lot of capability in PvP. It's primarily its purpose, because as it relates to Castles and the sieges they're in, or Nodes and the sieges they're in. We want dragons to have large scale ramifications against player raids. – Steven Sharif
- Players can't use their class skills while mounted.
- Mounts can be killed by players, but can be resurrected after a certain cooldown period.
- If dropped from World bosses, royal mounts will have a life-span likely between 15 to 30 days (online and offline time) after which the mounts will pass away.
- Each server may have between 10 to 20 royal mounts based on the legendary world boss timers.
- Royal mounts are 3 or 4 times larger than gliding mounts (tier 2 mounts).
Generally flying is not something that we're going to be doing in this game and there's a lot of reasons for that: Some of it is economic, some of it is ... you create this really great looking world and we don't want you flying over all the time. – Jeffrey Bard
At any given point in time you're gonna see anywhere from 10 to maybe at max I would say around 20 based off of the legendary world boss timers. Probably 20 people who have flying abilities. – Steven Sharif
Dragons are a class of these royal mounts. You can get different types of royal mounts. They don't have to be dragons. They could be some other type of legendary mythical creature... It will be an epic looking large-scale creature and people will notice you and it while you are approaching. – Steven Sharif
There will be a flight time associated with it, but the flight time will be considerable. We're thinking probably between 20 and 30 minutes. So will that limit the range of effectiveness? Yes it will limit the range of effectiveness for that particular mount.  – Steven Sharif
- Castles come with a royal stables.
- Mayors can choose to build royal stables within their node. Once chosen, the community will need to build the stables through quests.
- Royal mounts must be mounted in a royal stables in order to fly.
The royal mounts will be the only class of mounts that can fully fly in the world; and they are will be needed to be mounted while in a royal stables. Royal stables are a building that can be built in a node if elected to be built by the mayor and supported by the community building it up through the quests to do so; and castles come with a royal stable as well. So once you have a royal stable and you become that Mayor or King or Queen, you may then mount the creature there and then take it wherever you wish. – Steven Sharif
- These may only be granted if the castle nodes are successfully established prior to the siege.
- Node A grants 1 undermount, Node B grants 2 undermounts, and Node C grants 2 undermounts.
- This system is subject to change during testing.
- Livestream, 26 July 2019 (56:06).
- Livestream, 8 April 2018 (PM) (51:49).
- Livestream, 5 May 2017 (22:44).
- Interview, 19 July 2020 (1:05:41).
- Livestream, 5 May 2017 (38:27).
- Livestream, November 22 2019 (41:02).
- Livestream, 6 December 2018 (41:43).
- Livestream, 30 September 2019 (1:39:01).
- Interview, 18 July 2020 (49:46).
- Interview, 18 July 2020 (52:28).
- Interview, 18 July 2020 (52:57).
- Livestream, 26 May 2017 (37:17).
- Ashes of Creation Store: Ochre Legion Wyrmling.