- Skins are only be able to be applied to things that have already been earned, crafted or found within Ashes of Creation.
- Costumes and mounts may also be accessible in Ashes of Creation Apocalypse.
- Different variants of store purchased cosmetic creatures may exist in the wild.
- Lore text is flavor text, and background of the creatures and items in the world of Verra.
We plan to include a shop for micro transactions. The shop will only include cosmetic items. Nothing in our shop will ever be pay to win as we believe this practice greatly hurts the MMORPG genre.
The cosmetic store will offer limited time, limited quantity items to help sustain game development.
- Equitable cosmetics, both from a quantity and quality standpoint, are achievable through in-game means.
I want to incentivize purchase in the cosmetic shop for sustainability of what expansions we have intended, since we are not a box cost. I want to incentivize purchase by offering limited items: limited time, limited quantity, so you have confidence that when you purchase them, they won't be offered later on in some other way. – Steven Sharif