Deep within the arid caverns of Verra lie rare deposits of incandescent ruby, shining and reflecting off each other to create a subterranean starscape. However, only the most perceptive will notice that some of the stars in this veritable night sky are moving of their own accord. Such are the abilities of the Carmine Chameleon to camouflage themselves in their natural environment. This chameleon is a large reptilian creature that evolved to cultivate the selfsame stones that mark its home. While mostly stationary, the creature can move at remarkable speeds when threatened. Needless to say, their opulent and striking appearance (as well as their agility) has caught the attention of many nobles. It is said the exorbitant price of its capture exceeds the price of the stones that adorn it.
- Equitable cosmetics, both from a quantity and quality standpoint, are achievable through in-game means.
- Nothing in the cosmetic store will be pay to win.
I want to incentivize purchase in the cosmetic shop for sustainability of what expansions we have intended, since we are not a box cost. I want to incentivize purchase by offering limited items: limited time, limited quantity, so you have confidence that when you purchase them, they won't be offered later on in some other way. – Steven Sharif
Providing these limited options that collectors out there like when it comes to achieving and/or purchasing cosmetics. It means something I think when players make that decision to purchase or they go through the rigorous portion of achieving those things in game that it is not just everywhere around them and becomes meaningless at that point. – Steven Sharif
- Skins are cosmetic items that do not grant the user any benefit.
- Skins are only be able to be applied to things that have already been earned, crafted or found within Ashes of Creation.
- Different variants of store purchased cosmetic creatures may exist in the wild.
- Flavor text relates to the lore and background of creatures and items in the world of Verra.
- Costumes do not include any weapons pictured.
- Caravan skins change the appearance of an in-game mount and in-game caravan that are hooked up to each other.
- Ashes of Creation Store: Carmine Chameleon.
- Ashes of Creation cosmetic store.
- Livestream, 25 July 2020 (1:53:46).
- Livestream, 8 April 2018 (PM) (58:29).
- Livestream, 30 November 2020 (56:02).
- Rime and Regal
- Livestream, 6 December 2018 (41:43).
- Livestream, 30 November 2020 (58:24).
- Livestream, 28 June 2019 (1:25:55).
- Interview, 11 May 2018 (32:36).