Ashes of Creation Wiki
Ashes of Creation Wiki aims to capture accurate confirmed knowledge about Ashes of Creation. The 6,681 pages in this wiki are kept up-to-date each day with the latest info from Intrepid Studios. Everyone can contribute to this wiki.
Table of contents
Ashes of Creation
Information relevant to the ongoing development of Ashes of Creation.
- Ashes of Creation (overview), Gameplay, Design pillars, User interface
- Release schedule, Alpha-1, Alpha-2
- Franchise, Ashes of Creation Apocalypse
- Media, Livestreams, Videos, Concept art, Screenshots, Interviews, Podcasts
- Kickstarter, Summer crowdfunding, Cosmetic store
- Intrepid Studios, Milestones, Newsletters, Press releases, Blog entries
Engaging and immersive story
Topics that reflect the past and the present of Verra.
- Classes, Archetypes, Roles
- Races, Religions
- Role playing
- World map, Points of interest, Climate
- Environments, Underrealm, Undersea
Topics that describe how the world of Verra evolves based on player activity.
- Nodes, Zone of influence
- Economy, Marketplaces, Player stalls
- Artisan classes, Gathering, Processing, Crafting
- Quests, Tasks
- Naval, Naval combat, Ships
- World events, World bosses, Monster coins
Ashes of Creation will be a living, breathing, reactive world. Your actions will shape the Zones of Influence, leveling Nodes to form massive Cities, and create the story of the world that everyone experiences. – Margaret Krohn
Game systems and mechanics that foster player interaction.
- Dungeons, Raids, Combat
- Guilds, Guild halls, Guild fortresses, Guild castles
- Group dynamics, Looting
- Social organizations
- Parlor games
We decided to focus on mechanics that bring the idea of community to the forefront. To get people to interact with each other meaningfully – not just to conquer a raid boss, or to get some coin from a faceless auction house, but to maybe save a city. A city that all the local residents had a stake in. A city that the players had spent weeks or months developing; the defense of that city, the attack on that city! Or building a world together as a community choosing our own fate with our friends. We believe that’s going to be a story far more memorable and far more meaningful to players than just about anything we can come up with.
Systems that grow and shape player experiences in the game.
- Weapons, Armor
- Skills, Augments
- Progression, Leveling
- Housing, Node housing, Apartments, Freeholds
- Mounts, Mules, Dragons
- Character creator, Gear appearance
- Cosmetics, Skins, Costumes, Accessories
- Inventory, Consumables
We will have a lot of content that is available, but those will be behind doors that are accessible through agency on behalf of the community. In a traditional sense, no we are not a theme-park, however we will probably have more content than a theme-park does, traditionally. Just because, in order for those choices to be meaningful, there must be meaningful content behind the door you choose. – Steven Sharif
Risk vs. reward
Activities that reward daring adventurers and foster meaningful conflict.
- World PvP, Caravans, Guild wars
- Node sieges, Castle sieges
- Player corruption, Bounty hunters
- Achievements, Leader boards, Trophy park
- Exploration, Treasure hunting
- Stock exchange (sharemarket)
The risk versus reward relationship, when, say for instance, you've dedicated time towards building a node and other players have dedicated that equivalent time towards sieging the node, there's going to be a pitched battle between those players... They spend that time doing this because they care passionately about having access to that content. – Steven Sharif
- Starting a new page
- Editing pages
- Creating and editing translations
- Embedding images and videos
- Creating and editing transcripts
- Using templates
- Formatting content
- Dillias diary.
- Livestream, 9 February 2018 (33:50).
- Blog - Know Your Nodes - The Basics.
- Livestream, 18 January 2018 (16:34).
- Livestream, 9 February 2018 (4:42).
- Video, 24 February 2018 (0:01s).
- Ashes of Creation - A new Beginning.
- Livestream, 8 April 2018 (AM) (27:26).
- Video, 16 July 2017 (0:01).
- Livestream, 22 May 2017 (38:44).